What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 18, 2022, 05:05:27 PM
Really? Well they definitely are worrying Victoria Nuland, as she testified to Congress under oath.
No they're not ,you've not been taken in by that conspiracy theory cobblers sampan?

I might not agree with you a lot but you're better than that conspiracy theory crap also spread by the trumpanzees  in the asylum.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on April 18, 2022, 10:53:58 AM
And probably aren't
Really? Well they definitely are worrying Victoria Nuland, as she testified to Congress under oath.

cromwell

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on April 16, 2022, 09:31:13 PM
You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Russia is doing this to de-Nazify the region.
This is happening because Putin wants a legacy before he croaks: the steroids have not only swelled his face up, they've addled his brain. 

And bio labs "of concern" might be of concern.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on April 17, 2022, 09:54:12 AM
I don't know if I have posted this before, but at the risk of repeating myself, nothing about this war makes sense. The Donbas is Russia's version of Northern Ireland with the difference that while Mainland politicians have had the sense to talk and talk and have tried to keep the whole sorry mess at a distance, Vlad has blundered in and made the horror ten times worse.

In many ways it is very much like Northern Ireland Borkie given it is a conflict between two different sets of people. And just like Northern Ireland the conflict went on longer than it needed to because both sides didn't want to compromise but ultimately that is what they ended up doing. 

De Nazification my arse. Anyone you don't like is a nazi. Putin is an old fool who has come to the time in his life when he should be spending more time with his grandchildren and vodka bottle. Instead he wants to go out in a blaze of glory and has decided to turn an eight year horror into something even worse and which will last for decades longer.
But in all definition of the word the Azov Battalion are Neo Nazis Borkie and if the foot was in the other shoe and they were part of the Russian defence force, nobody would have a problem calling them what they are. As I said to Cromwell, I think Russia have more of an issue that they were the main force who were attacking the Russian speakers in the civil war than what their ideology is but they needed to justify the war somehow and at least there is an objective I guess.

Sampanviking

nothing about this war makes sense. The Donbas is Russia's
Thats because you get your news from the MSM Borkie
The last bit is just a bit of BBC type editing.

patman post

Quote from: Groo on April 17, 2022, 04:04:59 PM
I was thinking similar regarding our Scottish friends and wondering how they can appear to support Putin and his actions, I wasn't thinking N.Ireland though.

I was thinking more of Scotland going independent, their Parliament voting overwhelmingly  to have closer trading ties with the EU and their elected leader ignoring that and instead elects to have closer trading ties with what's left of the UK. The people protesting and the leader reacts by getting the security forces to shoot at the protesters. The leader is then overthrown and new elections take place and the majority of people are happy.

In the meantime some UK supporters in Dumfries, with the support of the English take over their council buildings, murder some councilors and start an uprising for closer links with the remaining UK.

A full scale rebellion takes place with the rebels receiving support, equipment, training and additional troops from Boris.

The main Scottish force is made up of Scottish nationalists fighting against the rebels, about 30% of deaths being civilians caught between fighting.

Eventually Boris sends in large amount of troops, not as a war but as a special operation to remove the nationalists and bombs whole cities including Edinburgh and Glasgow.

That's how I see it, so cannot understand the Scots on this boards view, simply because of their hatred of England.
Isn't that thinking a bit far-fetched?

As far as I'm aware, any antipathy some Scottish people have for England (or the UK) over the past two centuries or so hasn't included bombings and shootings on the streets of the two countries causing more than 3500 deaths...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Groo

I don't know if I have posted this before, but at the risk of repeating myself, nothing about this war makes sense. The Donbas is Russia's version of Northern Ireland with the difference that while Mainland politicians have had the sense to talk and talk and have tried to keep the whole sorry mess at a distance, Vlad has blundered in and made the horror ten times worse.

De Nazification my arse. Anyone you don't like is a nazi. Putin is an old fool who has come to the time in his life when he should be spending more time with his grandchildren and vodka bottle. Instead he wants to go out in a blaze of glory and has decided to turn an eight year horror into something even worse and which will last for decades longer.

I was thinking similar regarding our Scottish friends and wondering how they can appear to support Putin and his actions, I wasn't thinking N.Ireland though.

I was thinking more of Scotland going independent, their Parliament voting overwhelmingly  to have closer trading ties with the EU and their elected leader ignoring that and instead elects to have closer trading ties with what's left of the UK. The people protesting and the leader reacts by getting the security forces to shoot at the protesters. The leader is then overthrown and new elections take place and the majority of people are happy.

In the meantime some UK supporters in Dumfries, with the support of the English take over their council buildings, murder some councilors and start an uprising for closer links with the remaining UK.

A full scale rebellion takes place with the rebels receiving support, equipment, training and additional troops from Boris.

The main Scottish force is made up of Scottish nationalists fighting against the rebels, about 30% of deaths being civilians caught between fighting.

Eventually Boris sends in large amount of troops, not as a war but as a special operation to remove the nationalists and bombs whole cities including Edinburgh and Glasgow.

That's how I see it, so cannot understand the Scots on this boards view, simply because of their hatred of England.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on April 17, 2022, 12:02:12 AM
I'm failing to understand your point Cromwell. I already said that denazification is likely sandwiched between other objectives. But even if the objective was Denazification only and this one guy was a Nazi and caught and it is all real and it is only a news story on some obscure webpage and Twitter, does that mean the purpose of tackling Nazis is wrong? Or that the Ukrainian army shouldn't have incorporated the battalion into their ranks? To me this doesn't make much sense as Zelensky is Jewish. But whatever.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on April 17, 2022, 12:02:12 AM
I'm failing to understand your point Cromwell. I already said that denazification is likely sandwiched between other objectives. But even if the objective was Denazification only and this one guy was a Nazi and caught and it is all real and it is only a news story on some obscure webpage and Twitter, does that mean the purpose of tackling Nazis is wrong? Or that the Ukrainian army shouldn't have incorporated the battalion into their ranks? To me this doesn't make much sense as Zelensky is Jewish. But whatever.
What are you failing to understand,that one of Putins top men has nazi tattoos and his group is named after hitlers favourite composer or that you and others have been since all this started blaming the Ukranians,nato anyone bar Putin who started this war sorry special operation.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on April 16, 2022, 11:29:36 PM
So it was twitter so what you didn't even look properly the pow was a side issue .

Dimitry Utkin,Wagner group not a twitter link
https://getindianews.com/who-is-wagner-group-leader-dmitri-outkine-former-special-forces-personnel-involved-in-conflict/
I'm failing to understand your point Cromwell. I already said that denazification is likely sandwiched between other objectives. But even if the objective was Denazification only and this one guy was a Nazi and caught and it is all real and it is only a news story on some obscure webpage and Twitter, does that mean the purpose of tackling Nazis is wrong? Or that the Ukrainian army shouldn't have incorporated the battalion into their ranks? To me this doesn't make much sense as Zelensky is Jewish. But whatever.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on April 16, 2022, 11:13:36 PM
Cromwell, you provided a f**king Twitter post. Do we even know if it was a POW or one of the thousand of false stories on social media? I already said that in my opinion the Denazification objective is hidden behind other goals so even if it was genuine it doesn't mean those other factors just disappear. But what I do know is nationalism is being tackled in Russia robustly so in that sense it doesn't surprise me the same people of ideology is being tackled in Ukraine as well.
So it was twitter so what you didn't even look properly the pow was a side issue .

Dimitry Utkin,Wagner group not a twitter link
https://getindianews.com/who-is-wagner-group-leader-dmitri-outkine-former-special-forces-personnel-involved-in-conflict/

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on April 16, 2022, 10:54:25 PM
Well you seemed to like brushing off one of Putins top men  having Nazi tattoos,dismissed it as probably fake.

Cromwell, you provided a fucking Twitter post. Do we even know if it was a POW or one of the thousand of false stories on social media? I already said that in my opinion the Denazification objective is hidden behind other goals so even if it was genuine it doesn't mean those other factors just disappear. But what I do know is nationalism is being tackled in Russia robustly so in that sense it doesn't surprise me the same people of ideology is being tackled in Ukraine as well.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on April 16, 2022, 09:10:08 PM
I do like it when I read people brush off Neo Nazis as if it is normal. It isn't accepted in the UK, it isn't accepted in America and it isn't accepted in the rest of the world. But in Ukraine they are part of the military? I don't care how insignificant they are in numbers, they should never have been adopted into the Ukraine army. There is history in regards to the Maidan coup and the Donbass conflict in 2014 for why Russia have a vendetta for this battalion in particular. We must accept that this is one of Russias objectives and if Zelensky wants to defend these people in particular for whatever reason then he is going to have negotiate their safety by handing a concession in talks and get them moving again because when the port falls, his hand is reduced somewhat.
Well you seemed to like brushing off one of Putins top men  having Nazi tattoos,dismissed it as probably fake.