What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 11:52:45 AM
I'm guessing the Russians have a better understanding than a couple of users on the Internet. If someone can explain why a truck bomb is better propaganda than a drone or boat when the outcome is the same 
It is far easier to blame a truck bomb despite the VERY visible evidence, it was not. What I suspect has worried Putin is the bridge was attacked from something incoming from the air or sea, that the defences did not pick up. (Personally, I suspect the sea more likely under it not on it.)
It has happened once so it can happen again.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on October 11, 2022, 11:42:01 AM
Has anyone got actual telling evidence of impact damage?  No impact damage suggests no actual impact.
Even a truck bomb of that size would have torn  chunks out of the immediate vicinity
I'm guessing the Russians have a better understanding than a couple of users on the Internet. If someone can explain why a truck bomb is better propaganda than a drone or boat when the outcome is the same I might be inclined to accept their argument given I have no clue whether it was a boat or Truck. But from all the evidence I have seen, the Truck bomb theory is the strongest one given something under a bridge would block the explosion and more than likely protect the train from catching on fire.

Sampanviking

More importantly is what is happening today.

We have seen a massive drone and Cruise Missile attacks across the Ukraine for two days now targeting Power and also Electronic communications, plus Command and Control, throughout the Country.

It is being described as "Putins revenge" for the Bridge attack. I personally think this is unlikely as the attacks we are seeing are the proper sort of preparation you would expect for a major Ground Offensive.
We have been aware that large Army sized grouping of the Regular Russian Army have been deploying at various points in Theater including within Belarus and that major new offensives are being prepared. The most I would say about the bridge attack is that it may have brought plans forward, but not by much.

The map attached shows the state of power outages from late yesterday. Black is total outage, White is normal and the hatched area is partial.

I know there is a lot of talk about a new attack on Kiev coming from the direction of Belarus, but I don't believe that now, any more than I did in February. If anything comes out of Belarus I think it will be on the Ukraine's Western Borders to cut off the main supply road and rail links from Poland.
The other wholly dark area is around Kharkov and this makes far more sense to me to make an attack. The Russians want the city and move in from the Russian border would quickly encircle the 70,000 Ukrainian troops in September Kharkov offensive who are now largely immobile due to the trains being knocked out in the region and unable to move either equipment or fuel.

We have already seen some Russian Counterattacks on this front and three small town were recaptured by the Russians last night.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 11, 2022, 11:42:01 AM
Has anyone got actual telling evidence of impact damage?  No impact damage suggests no actual impact.
Even a truck bomb of that size would have torn  chunks out of the immediate vicinity
A truck bomb would have blown a hole in the carriageway and very little else.  The blast was below the bridge.

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 11, 2022, 11:36:21 AM
No damage! It was split in half and blown of its fixings! Any part of the Carriageway adjacent to the blast is now underwater.

Did you look at the picture I posted from underneath the Bridge. No scorch marks, No blast or shrapnel damage to the under face.
Explain how this is possible?

Has anyone got actual telling evidence of impact damage?  No impact damage suggests no actual impact.
Even a truck bomb of that size would have torn  chunks out of the immediate vicinity

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 11:30:42 AM
There is NO damage to the surface of the carriageway. That it was truck bomb is Putin propaganda. 
No damage! It was split in half and blown of its fixings! Any part of the Carriageway adjacent to the blast is now underwater.

Did you look at the picture I posted from underneath the Bridge. No scorch marks, No blast or shrapnel damage to the under face.
Explain how this is possible?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 11, 2022, 10:40:32 AM
My last word on nature of bomb blast.

Truck bomb explodes on Causeway Trestle.
There is NO damage to the surface of the carriageway. That it was truck bomb is Putin propaganda.  

Sampanviking

My last word on nature of bomb blast.

Truck bomb explodes on Causeway Trestle. Effect turns Trestle section into a lever at point sides of the blast point.
Downward blast splits trestle at blast point and forces it down.
Lever effect forces other ends of trestle to rise up sharply, breaking mountings with Causeway pillars and and sheering contact with adjacent trestles after raising them and imposing lever action on them too, causing another section to also collapse.

This is exactly what you see in the post explosion pictures. Evidence of blast damage to causeway will be in destroyed and submerged section.
The truck was in the slow lane and furthest away from the other carriageway and the railway. Which is why only one carriage way was badly damaged.

A bomb big enough to do the damage from a boat below would have been better positioned to destroy road and rail links, priority to the rail links as they are more strategically important.
Likewise a boat bomb would have wanted to be closed to the deep water channel to try and block that as well.

I was the truck that dun it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 08:49:10 AM
You did not you insisted it was a truck bomb. I know that the explosion was under the carriageway but it was not a few back packs of explosives. As for laser designation close to a target I suggest you contact SBS  Hamworthy barracks, Poole, Dorset.
I never mentioned a truck, they don't tend to go too well under the bridge 🙄.
Boring. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 09:45:30 AM
Just out of interest while you are all squabbling about this did anyone else see a report of an unusual wave that went under the bridge before the explosion? Perhaps that is relevant not that it makes any difference.
The blast point was on the approach to the Suspension section of the bridge which marks the Ocean Going Sea Lane in and out of the Ports on the Sea of Azov.
Large ships are constantly moving through this channel and large waves are hardly unusual.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 09:45:30 AM
Just out of interest while you are all squabbling about this did anyone else see a report of an unusual wave that went under the bridge before the explosion? Perhaps that is relevant not that it makes any difference.
That is obvious on the video of the explosion and rules out a truck bomb or back packs of explosive.

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 08:19:01 AM
It was explosives underneath the bridge as I told you the day it happens.
You did not you insisted it was a truck bomb. I know that the explosion was under the carriageway but it was not a few back packs of explosives. As for laser designation close to a target I suggest you contact SBS  Hamworthy barracks, Poole, Dorset.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 07:57:47 AM
A brave person got close enough to do it. (As usually happens.)
It was explosives underneath the bridge as I told you the day it happens. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 09:07:56 PM
Even less likely. I'll ask for the 3rd time, how have they painted the bridge from 200 miles away?
A brave person got close enough to do it. (As usually happens.)