What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 01:11:44 PM
What a load of waffle, if you actually looked you would see that there are 2 separate pieces of bridge blown, but only one explosion. This suggests two charges blown together.
Take out one bridge support and two sections of a bridge will fall. There is no way a truck bomb on the carriageway could do that much damage to a bridge. 

Nick frankly I am fed up with your continual abuse of me when it is your lack of knowledge is the problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 01:07:14 PM
Just look at the video, it is VERY obviously NOT a truck bomb. To damage a bridge like that with just one missile suggests laser designation targeting due to the accuracy needed to hit the exact spot necessary.
What a load of waffle, if you actually looked you would see that there are 2 separate pieces of bridge blown, but only one explosion. This suggests two charges blown together. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 12:42:16 PM
Do tell, how according to your great military knowledge is it not a bomb?
Just look at the video, it is VERY obviously NOT a truck bomb. To damage a bridge like that with just one missile suggests laser designation targeting due to the accuracy needed to hit the exact spot necessary.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 12:38:35 PM
Fair? You're living in cloud cuckoo land. Fair is when Russia leave, and pay for redevelopment of the cities.
Another exceptionalist speaks
When are are we paying for all the damage we have done to all these other countries?

Sorry I forgot the "Rules based International Order" (ie make it up as you go along) doesn't apply to us.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 12:39:11 PM
Cor Blimey  it is OBVIOUS from the video it was NOT a suicide truck. (Is English not your first language?)
Do tell, how according to your great military knowledge is it not a bomb?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 12:24:26 PM
So on one hand you question how someone can say it's suicide because you can't see, but you can now see that it's a missile.
FFS it is OBVIOUS from the video it was NOT a suicide truck. (Is English not your first language?)

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 08, 2022, 12:32:37 PM
Thats now but it wasn't then.
Zelensky had the chance to end this on fair terms for him and the citizens of the Donbass and surrounding areas.
He threw it away in favour of a total war solution.
Now he is getting one....
Fair? You're living in cloud cuckoo land. Fair is when Russia leave, and pay for redevelopment of the cities. 

Sampanviking

Quote from: Good old on October 08, 2022, 12:04:46 PM
It's difficult to see what talks can achieve long run. Putin doesn't just occupy ground ,he says it's Russia.
Outside of a yeah all right then,  what agreement could there be?  A cease fire would bring some relief to civilians .
Putin would fortify ,or even build up for another surge. So what are the realistic chances?
Thats now but it wasn't then.
Zelensky had the chance to end this on fair terms for him and the citizens of the Donbass and surrounding areas.
He threw it away in favour of a total war solution.
Now he is getting one....

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 11:54:48 AM
It looks from the video that it was very accurately aimed missile. Which suggests someone in the vicinity "lighting up," the target with a laser designator.
So on one hand you question how someone can say it's suicide because you can't see, but you can now see that it's a missile. 

Good old

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2022, 09:55:26 AM
Is it true that Indonesia are hosting talks between Zelenskyy and Putin? I can only find references to moves at the end of June, but I think there is something more recent?
If it is, perhaps we might see a toning down of this deadly conflict, or even an end to hostilities.

It's difficult to see what talks can achieve long run. Putin doesn't just occupy ground ,he says it's Russia.
Outside of a yeah all right then,  what agreement could there be?  A cease fire would bring some relief to civilians .
Putin would fortify ,or even build up for another surge. So what are the realistic chances?

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 08, 2022, 11:07:02 AM
Weasel words indeed - I think the Libyans would disagree about it being "a sad little adventure" for them.
So maybe you are a Western Exceptionalist, and that such rights belong only to us and its only more than serious than "a mistake" when the other side does it.

I see Russia's intervention in Ukraine as a genuine RTP far more real and genuine than our "Sad Little Adventure" launched under that pretext in Libya
Looks like the Kersh bridge has been hit by a Suicide Truck Bomber to the delight and rejoicing of Kiev, so keep cheering Ethnic Cleansing, Pre-emptive Nuclear War and full on ISIS style Suicide Bombings, great to see "our values" being trumpeted and demonstrated to the full.

Why do you keep looking for some moral high ground? War is immoral , using one to take a neighbours land and call it your own is not just immoral it's illegal , and if every nation reverted to that kind of diplomacy we would be in the Middle Ages with Nukes.
Putin you , has used every moral argument applicable, and every one an excuse to steal Ukrainian land.
Weasel words you would know . You and he said he wasn't going to invade  he didn't stop there , he said he recognised some independent  states. Turns out he doesn't recognise their independence. He has claimed them for Russia. How independent do you get. Which is all he ever wanted ,outside of having the whole Ukraine lick his arse
You have dressed it up since day one or before, so we, I know what you think,  But I think it's a criminal landgrab. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 11:49:43 AM
From what I'm hearing it was blown from underneath. The fact that it was a key target for Ukraine is important and that the MSR from Crimea is damaged.
It looks from the video that it was very accurately aimed missile. Which suggests someone in the vicinity "lighting up," the target with a laser designator.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2022, 11:41:55 AM
Fair enough, it could have been a missile from the right, looking at the direction of the fallout.
From what I'm hearing it was blown from underneath. The fact that it was a key target for Ukraine is important and that the MSR from Crimea is damaged. 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 11:35:24 AM
I am aware of that it is the suggestion it was a suicide truck bomb that I question. If you look closely at the video it is obvious it was not a truck bomb.
Fair enough, it could have been a missile from the right, looking at the direction of the fallout.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2022, 11:34:01 AM
Maybe this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2C2RVe_Wf8
I am aware of that it is the suggestion it was a suicide truck bomb that I question. If you look closely at the video it is obvious it was not a truck bomb.