What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 17, 2022, 02:25:44 PM
One set of people could and should have stopped it happening. Russians. Grabbing the bit of Ukrainian land they have at the enormous financial, and maybe worse human cost ,Russian, let alone Ukrainian, can not be considered anything more than a stupid over reaction. All he has achieved is to get everyone's attention. True of all murderous bullies.
Sure, but as the war was going on for years after the maiden and the Russians were being ethnically cleansed, I guess it is easy to repeat a lot of tripe for the masses.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 04:29:57 PM
But then didn't we say there were only two sets of people would could stop it from the beginning, that being the Russians and Ukrainians having a jaw,jaw. While ignoring outside influences. You all knew Zelenski was a puppet from the start. 

One set of people could and should have stopped it happening. Russians. Grabbing the bit of Ukrainian land they have at the enormous financial, and maybe worse human cost ,Russian, let alone Ukrainian, can not be considered anything more than a stupid over reaction. All he has achieved is to get everyone's attention. True of all murderous bullies. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 16, 2022, 05:15:46 PM
Bellingcat told us Russia was about to run out of fuel, men and ammo back in March. Putin has diagnosed with about three chronic fatal medical conditions, but still manages to somehow micromanage the war at platoon level. Plus of course plucky and cunning sanctions have "reduced the ruble to rubble".

If anyone ever wondered whatever happened to Comical Ali after the fall of Baghdad, just read the daily MOD press statements.

In reality, on the ground, the Ukraine is now on its "5th" mobilisation and the men being taken prison in ever larger numbers in Donetsk nearly all look over 50, many of them well over.
Russia by contrast is still using the same base number of troops as when it went in in February. Not only have they not had to mobilise, they are still only using professional contract soldiers in the operation. They are not even sending National Service Conscripts, event to the rear. The Russian voluntary brigades are genuine reservists and local republic militias (like the Chechens). While of course the vast bulk of the Infantry in the operation come from the DNR/LNR and of course the other regions under Russian control, which of course means that according to Western definitions, that these are all Ukrainians.

Big noise today about another "spectacular" in the Crimea. Well reality check, over a dozen similar head from Russian forces into Kiev regime controlled territory every day and have been for months. Well media friendly "spectaculars" the Ukrainian attacks may be, but they are a million short of the Counter Offensive that Zelensky hs been promising for months now. Maybe Special Forces raids has all he has left now.... it certainly looks like it with the Russians also now making modest gains on the secondary fronts of Kherson and Kharkov over recent days.

In the Donbass itself, you can all place bets on which part is going to collapse first. Today the South is looking very shaky for the Ukrainians with the Russian breaking through the fortifications at both Peski and Maryinka looking certain to repeat the collapsing domino effect seen in June when they broke through at Popasnaye.
The Ugladar region is looking very shaky with the Ukrainians reporting retreats, surrenders and desertions from key positions as an effective encirclement takes place.
The same seems to be happening further north between Soledar and Siversk.
I don't think it matters which one goes first, it will be like an over stretched elastic band and a break in one point brings down the whole line!!
Yeah, but they talk out their backsides but we knew that, still turning Ukraine into rubble is hardly a great achievement, 

Sampanviking

Bellingcat told us Russia was about to run out of fuel, men and ammo back in March. Putin has diagnosed with about three chronic fatal medical conditions, but still manages to somehow micromanage the war at platoon level. Plus of course plucky and cunning sanctions have "reduced the ruble to rubble".

If anyone ever wondered whatever happened to Comical Ali after the fall of Baghdad, just read the daily MOD press statements.

In reality, on the ground, the Ukraine is now on its "5th" mobilisation and the men being taken prison in ever larger numbers in Donetsk nearly all look over 50, many of them well over.
Russia by contrast is still using the same base number of troops as when it went in in February. Not only have they not had to mobilise, they are still only using professional contract soldiers in the operation. They are not even sending National Service Conscripts, event to the rear. The Russian voluntary brigades are genuine reservists and local republic militias (like the Chechens). While of course the vast bulk of the Infantry in the operation come from the DNR/LNR and of course the other regions under Russian control, which of course means that according to Western definitions, that these are all Ukrainians.

Big noise today about another "spectacular" in the Crimea. Well reality check, over a dozen similar head from Russian forces into Kiev regime controlled territory every day and have been for months. Well media friendly "spectaculars" the Ukrainian attacks may be, but they are a million short of the Counter Offensive that Zelensky hs been promising for months now. Maybe Special Forces raids has all he has left now.... it certainly looks like it with the Russians also now making modest gains on the secondary fronts of Kherson and Kharkov over recent days.

In the Donbass itself, you can all place bets on which part is going to collapse first. Today the South is looking very shaky for the Ukrainians with the Russian breaking through the fortifications at both Peski and Maryinka looking certain to repeat the collapsing domino effect seen in June when they broke through at Popasnaye.
The Ugladar region is looking very shaky with the Ukrainians reporting retreats, surrenders and desertions from key positions as an effective encirclement takes place.
The same seems to be happening further north between Soledar and Siversk.
I don't think it matters which one goes first, it will be like an over stretched elastic band and a break in one point brings down the whole line!!

Sheepy

I was just reading as he isn't dead yet because the experts misdiagnosed his condition, his economy is about to collapse, while ours is looking rosy, oh but wait. 

Baff

I expect they think much the same about Kiev too.

The facts on the ground remain the same. Russians advancing daily.

All the allies and friends of Kiev offering hope.
Russia can be beaten. New weapons coming.
Russia revolting against Putin. Out of ammo. Out of men. Out of machines.
Out of money. Out of morale.

This, that and the other reason why Ukraine will win.
But every day it loses more.

Ukraine's war.

In a David and Goliath battle my money is on Goliath.
But that's not to say David can't and won't win. 

Nick

Quote from: Baff on August 16, 2022, 10:01:39 AM
Ukraine seems to be getting some big licks in on Russia.
But they are losing ground on every front simultaneously.
Every day they lose more.
MOD seems to think that Russia are rapidly running out of men and ammo. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Ukraine seems to be getting some big licks in on Russia.
But they are losing ground on every front simultaneously.
Every day they lose more.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on July 20, 2022, 12:03:10 PM
Has he? has anyone told him yet?
Putin knows Moscow would be be levelled within minutes with an immediate NATO response. He's not that stupid. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2022, 06:59:59 PM
Well there you are Sam. You know these matters better than anyone else, as you will be the first to admit.

My take is that Putin has bitten off more than he can chew and that his armies will either be forced into a stalemate or, less likely, beaten back to the Russian frontiers. But we shall see.
You will never get away with treating him like an idiot Borchester I can feel the sweating from here September is fast approaching.

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 15, 2022, 04:35:53 PM
You make me laugh Borkie the only thing the Ukrainians are rolling up in relation to Kherson are a large number of spliffs, presumably smoked just before giving press briefings

Just to remind you how it started - May 9th 2014 and pro Maidan troops sent into Mariupol to quell the resisting anti Coup populous of the city
https://twitter.com/ivan_8848/status/1558960999218159620

Well there you are Sam. You know these matters better than anyone else, as you will be the first to admit.

My take is that Putin has bitten off more than he can chew and that his armies will either be forced into a stalemate or, less likely, beaten back to the Russian frontiers. But we shall see.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 15, 2022, 04:35:53 PM
You make me laugh Borkie the only thing the Ukrainians are rolling up in relation to Kherson are a large number of spliffs, presumably smoked just before giving press briefings

Just to remind you how it started - May 9th 2014 and pro Maidan troops sent into Mariupol to quell the resisting anti Coup populous of the city
If wishes could kill, Vlad would be long dead, but then that is how desperate it has become.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2022, 12:48:20 PM
Fair enough Toots.

The reality is that no one knows what is going on. Both sides are lying through their teeth and may even believe their own lies. But as far as I can see from my armchair, the Ukrainians are at Kherson and attempting to roll up the Russian lines. The problem is that they have to push the enemy back 500 miles before they reach the Russian border and that could be tricky. Apart from anything else, Putin needs to show that he has achieved something from the invasion or the Russian electorate might start asking some searching questions.

So I reckon that there are still a lot of innocent men, women and children who are going to die because of Putin the Prat.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 15, 2022, 10:23:51 AM
MOD Notice

Could we please return to the topic of the thread.

Fair enough Toots.

The reality is that no one knows what is going on. Both sides are lying through their teeth and may even believe their own lies. But as far as I can see from my armchair, the Ukrainians are at Kherson and attempting to roll up the Russian lines. The problem is that they have to push the enemy back 500 miles before they reach the Russian border and that could be tricky. Apart from anything else, Putin needs to show that he has achieved something from the invasion or the Russian electorate might start asking some searching questions.

So I reckon that there are still a lot of innocent men, women and children who are going to die because of Putin the Prat.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

MOD Notice

Could we please return to the topic of the thread.