What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 09:17:10 AM
How is giving you a real scenario and showing you facts gloating? by the way.
I thought it was about what is really happening.

It is about what's happening in Ukraine. What's happening is  Putin is illegally murdering Ukrainians , with the general purpose of  illegally annexing  large swaths of those peoples country. What's happening is the Ukrainians are resisting. That's what's happening. Any talk of nuclear is supposition not what's happening ,so why bring it up other than to extend some possible threat to the people you seem to think are motivated by a mad dog , as if mad dogs should be put down.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 05, 2022, 09:07:57 AM
More clues as to who is the mad dog. That makes him feel better, it  doesn't matter that he doesn't actually have any right what so ever to annex that area, in international law he is a thief. Of course he has killed as well so it goes a bit further than that. Why gloat sheep it's hardly laudable .?
How is giving you a real scenario and showing you facts gloating? by the way.
I thought it was about what is really happening.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 08:30:34 AM
Putin formally annexes more than 15% of Ukraine (msn.com)
Thats today by the way General.

More clues as to who is the mad dog. That makes him feel better, it  doesn't matter that he doesn't actually have any right what so ever to annex that area, in international law he is a thief. Of course he has killed as well so it goes a bit further than that. Why gloat sheep it's hardly laudable .?

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 08:13:17 AM
How about this for a scenario then General, what if the Russians are pulling back because they don't want to be around when a tactical nuke goes off, while the mad dog of Western making in Ukraine is moving all of his troops just where the Russians want them while crowing about being a victorious leader. If the Russians do a nuclear test on the border, will it even be a test?

Whatever Putin does to kill Ukrainians is not just wrong but illegal . So it's the behaviour of mad dogs to defend one's own territory is that what your warped logic says ?
The only description for any use of a nuclear weapon by Putin for any reason is, an abomination and a threat to humanity.  You seem completely confused as to just who is the mad dog in this whole sorry state of affairs..

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2022, 08:19:18 AM
What if the tactical nukes get sabotaged before they can be used?
What if the Chinese have already warned the US to back off or face one?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 08:13:17 AM
How about this for a scenario then General, what if the Russians are pulling back because they don't want to be around when a tactical nuke goes off, while the mad dog of Western making in Ukraine is moving all of his troops just where the Russians want them while crowing about being a victorious leader. If the Russians do a nuclear test on the border, will it even be a test?
What if the tactical nukes get sabotaged before they can be used?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 04, 2022, 01:32:55 PM
The Ukrainians in their  own territory are in a very bad place ,  that's reality,  that situation insured by a well armed and generally lethal mob from Russia. Whether they the Ukrainians know how they got to where they are is beside the point, because they invaded no one ,and were never going to.
As for the rest of us. The west knows full well where this is going, just doing what it can to give grounds for the tyrant to have second thoughts, and if that doesn't succeed extend matters as long as possible , before the populations of half the world , are once more decimated by the ego of a disturbed dictator. That's the reality.
As for nuclear reality , yes the US used a scaled down version of what now exists. If Putin for any reason on this earth wants to Trump them, that alone is good reason oppose him if only because his judgement is that of a man prepared to end all existence for his own vanity.
If your last sentence contained any actual truth,  and of course this is serious, it's still remains nothing more than another threat . Which leads to the question what are you a commentator , or a mouth piece?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 09:41:19 AM
Must be very disappointing to the supporters of the big bad bear. SPV will say it is all untrue, of course.

And by St Olga of Kyiv, he has :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 04, 2022, 12:20:19 PM
Just add this as it spells out some very basic facts in black and white

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/status/1577242963130060801
I am getting the feeling Vlad has worked out, he has gone about this all the wrong way, maybe time for a rethink is in order.

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 04, 2022, 10:09:23 AM

The process of the referendums carried out last week are still being completed in Moscow with the accession of the four new republics being now passed by the Duma yesterday and going to the Russian President for signing into law today.
At this point, these republics are legally under Russian law incorporated into the Russian Federation.
OK, I've picked this as there is a lot of opinion in your post, informative, but not necessarily true, we'll wait and see.
I don't dismiss your posts totally out of hand as some do.

However, this idea that what Russia are doing makes this annexation legal is utterly against international law. It clearly states that an aggressor is not to keep any land it wins as a result of that aggression. This will only be seen as legal in Russia and amongst its sycophants, like Belarus, Iran and some "Stan" countries which are all part of the axis of evil.

If Vlad thinks the world will acknowledge this "legality" he's got another think coming.
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 03, 2022, 08:06:17 PM
The only verbal exchanges I am aware of regarding nukes, was after some of the more rabid neo-cons in Washington starting talking about the "likelihood" of Russia using tactical nukes in the Ukraine ( which many saw as opinion shaping in respect of a US false flag).
The Russians responded by saying that they would not use nukes on their own territory and back yard and any use would be much bigger ones,much further abroad.
Needless to say the version you will have heard will have filtered out the Western contributions to that exchange

Does Russia need to take the possibility seriously? Well yes they are dealing with the one country that has actually used these weapons in anger and one which currently being run by the biggest bunch of fruit cakes and nut jobs the US has ever been able to produce. Even you don't doubt that, yet bizarrely you trust them with the safety of the world!!

I am sure I do live in an alternative reality to you, mine in based in reality and yours in our tabloid level press and political class.
Don't listen to them Cromwell, all they ever do is lie, distort and dissemble.
In the past it may not have mattered, but this time its serious and if you follow this wild eyed neo-cons loons without question, you will end up in a very bad place and not understand how the hell you go there...

The Ukrainians in their  own territory are in a very bad place ,  that's reality,  that situation insured by a well armed and generally lethal mob from Russia. Whether they the Ukrainians know how they got to where they are is beside the point, because they invaded no one ,and were never going to.
As for the rest of us. The west knows full well where this is going, just doing what it can to give grounds for the tyrant to have second thoughts, and if that doesn't succeed extend matters as long as possible , before the populations of half the world , are once more decimated by the ego of a disturbed dictator. That's the reality.
As for nuclear reality , yes the US used a scaled down version of what now exists. If Putin for any reason on this earth wants to Trump them, that alone is good reason oppose him if only because his judgement is that of a man prepared to end all existence for his own vanity.
If your last sentence contained any actual truth,  and of course this is serious, it's still remains nothing more than another threat . Which leads to the question what are you a commentator , or a mouth piece?

Sampanviking

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 09:41:19 AM
Must be very disappointing to the supporters of the big bad bear. SPV will say it is all untrue, of course.
What can I say Barry other than point out the bl**din obvious

To date the Ukraine is at maximum mobilisation, it is getting massive financial and military support from NATO and all together has been able to stop a Russian force equivalent to a Single Army Group and associated local militia forces. This is been the forces of the SMO launched in Feb.

The process of the referendums carried out last week are still being completed in Moscow with the accession of the four new republics being now passed by the Duma yesterday and going to the Russian President for signing into law today.
At this point, these republics are legally under Russian law incorporated into the Russian Federation.
The expectation is that at this point an ultimatum will be given to the Ukraine to remove all its and allied forces from Russian territory, otherwise a full state of war will be declared between the countries.

As to what that means:

To date the Ukraine is at maximum mobilisation, it is getting massive financial and military support from NATO and all together has been able to stop a Russian force equivalent to a Single Army Group and associated local militia forces. This is been the forces of the SMO launched in Feb.
At least two new Regular Army Groups are in the late stages of forming up and will soon be ready to enter the conflict, if they are not already ready to do so.
Finally we will see the Russian Airforce appear in strength and targets will now include critical infrastructure and Command and Control centers including decapitation strikes.
The Russians have very substantial stockpiles of classes of conventional weapons that have not yet been used, this also will change.

As for continued NATO support, it is going to get more difficult. Nearly all of the Soviet Equipment held by NATO countries has already been committed and much it now burnt out in the fields of Kherson and Kharkov. Other classes of weapon and ammunition are now running dangerously low for NATO countries themselves with an ever increasing amount of the aid promised becoming orders with manufactures with delivery dates well into the future.
This is especially true of the ATGM's which are now so short in supply that NATO countries are having to dig into their own forces active supplies, rather than just the reserve stockpile.

Trying to re-equip the Ukrainians with actual Western Heavy Weapons is not a quick or easy task. It requires much longer trainaing, brand new logistics and maintenance networks and in short far more time than they really have for this to be a practical or realistic option.

Besides, we saw Zelensky's little pantomime on Friday signing himself into NATO and Stoltenberg coming out a little later saying "I don't think so"
Anyone notice the comment form Ben Wallace yesterday? that an attack by Russia against a NATO member would not necessarily be a trigger for article 5?

Its about to become a very different war.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on October 04, 2022, 12:00:21 AM
Apparently the Ukrainians have recaptured Arkhanhelske and Myrolyubivka, turned the Russian's flank and now have the
bear surrounded on all sides.

To be honest, this was not what I expected when Putin's leaders marched into the Ukraine in February
† The end is nigh †