What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 12:34:05 PM
Him no,but many of his people are not happy about the way things are going and that resentment/protest might well see him out sooner rather than later.
What do you know Cromwell, you only get your info from Western media, which has long ago abandoned any notion of objective reporting and are now simply shills for blatant propaganda and a very obvious Psyche Op being waged to try and cause regime upset in Russia.

Any casual observation of any other media source will show it is not working.
The main criticism of Putin at home is that he is not being aggressive enough and has taken too long to start committing the real Russian Army in strength into the conflict (most fighting to date having been carried out by those who you would regard as Ukrainian plus some volunteer militia such as the Chechens)

I do sometimes underestimate the banality of the Western MSM and so I realise that the narritive they are trying to sell you is along these lines:

"The entire Russian army has been in the Ukraine for the last six months, most of whom have been killed by a various Western supplied Wiunderwaffe and now whats left is in rapid retreat and so Putin is desperately having raise an extra 300,000 conscripts to try and plug the gaps"

Yes? anyone actually believe this?

Latest footage from Kherson as The Ukrainians try yet another human wave attack against the Russian defensive line
https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1579025764179382272

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 11:58:42 AM
Does it really matter?
Well, it does really, because Sheepy, in sheepy language is alluding to the likelihood that a major player was involved in blowing up that bridge. Who has large, very high explosive bombs, like bunker bombs?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on October 09, 2022, 10:58:07 AM
He isn't going to pull out so you can forget that pie in the sky.
Him no,but many of his people are not happy about the way things are going and that resentment/protest might well see him out sooner rather than later.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 11:54:26 AM
Just look at the satellite picture. It VERY obvious it was NOT a truck bomb or a few back packs of explosives.
Does it really matter?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2022, 11:35:31 AM
You have no idea what happened so stop calling everyone fools because they don't agree with you. Either show some sort of proof it was a missile or shut up, you're boring.
Just look at the satellite picture. It VERY obvious it was NOT a truck bomb or a few back packs of explosives.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:57:48 AM
If anyone thinks it was a few Ukrainian special forces with back packs full of explosives or a truck bomb frankly they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
You have no idea what happened so stop calling everyone fools because they don't agree with you. Either show some sort of proof it was a missile or shut up, you're boring. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 09, 2022, 10:07:53 AM
The only really valid celebration should be if Putin pulls out and the killing stops. Not because of any conceptions of what a victory looks like. There is never a victory for the lives lost. Putin deserves criticism for the terrible compromise he inflicted on Ukraine, making a bad situation far worse , which has led to a terrible lose of life, for both Russia, and Ukraine.
Not much comment here for the poor sods in close contact with that explosion, whatever it's cause.
He isn't going to pull out so you can forget that pie in the sky. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 10:37:37 AM
Yes I know you think it was a missile but not many others do.
That is because they have not taken a close look at the video or the satellite picture I just posted.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:57:48 AM
If anyone thinks it was a few Ukrainian special forces with back packs full of explosives or a truck bomb frankly they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Yes I know you think it was a missile but not many others do.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 09, 2022, 10:07:53 AM

Not much comment here for the poor sods in close contact with that explosion, whatever it's cause.
Personally, there is more than enough death closer to home on my mind.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 09:25:28 AM
I think there's a lot taking the pee out of Putin and why not,but there are real people dying because of this and there's no call for celebrating that.

The only really valid celebration should be if Putin pulls out and the killing stops. Not because of any conceptions of what a victory looks like. There is never a victory for the lives lost. Putin deserves criticism for the terrible compromise he inflicted on Ukraine, making a bad situation far worse , which has led to a terrible lose of life, for both Russia, and Ukraine.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 09, 2022, 09:54:20 AM
I wouldn't dispute that, but up to now the dispute is how it was brought to this sorry state.
If anyone thinks it was a few Ukrainian special forces with back packs full of explosives or a truck bomb frankly they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:48:46 AM
They won't repair this quickly:-

I wouldn't dispute that, but up to now the dispute is how it was brought to this sorry state.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 09, 2022, 08:06:26 AM
If nothing else the mystery surrounding this particular incident, certainly reflects the fact that we can never be completely sure what's happening in any part of the military conflict.

They won't repair this quickly:-