What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 09:07:56 PM
Even less likely. I'll ask for the 3rd time, how have they painted the bridge from 200 miles away?
Seagulls 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:52:51 PM
No I didn't I suggested laser designation which is not the same thing. (Also that was before I did some research.)
Even less likely. I'll ask for the 3rd time, how have they painted the bridge from 200 miles away?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 08:50:45 PM
You've already categorically said it was a laser guided missile,
No I didn't I suggested laser designation which is not the same thing. (Also that was before I did some research.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:12:48 PM
Having done some research earlier today, I know have fair idea how the explosive could have been delivered. However, I am keeping it to myself in case the other carriageway gets blown up the same way.  (The rail line is too far above the water for the same method to work.)

It meant delving back 150 years into history as a starting point. Some engineering modifications SOE did in the 2nd World War. Remote control developments in recent years, stealth technology, lightweight lithium-ion batteries, and defence radar jamming developed recently.
You've already categorically said it was a laser guided missile, even though you've not explained how they painted the bridge. 

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:12:48 PM
Having done some research earlier today, I know have fair idea how the explosive could have been delivered. However, I am keeping it to myself in case the other carriageway gets blown up the same way.  (The rail line is too far above the water for the same method to work.)

It meant delving back 150 years into history as a starting point. Some engineering modifications SOE did in the 2nd World War. Remote control developments in recent years, stealth technology, lightweight lithium-ion batteries, and defence radar jamming developed recently.
Mums the word ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 07:54:50 PM
Boat bomb it is then
Having done some research earlier today, I know have fair idea how the explosive could have been delivered. However, I am keeping it to myself in case the other carriageway gets blown up the same way.  (The rail line is too far above the water for the same method to work.)

It meant delving back 150 years into history as a starting point. Some engineering modifications SOE did in the 2nd World War. Remote control developments in recent years, stealth technology, lightweight lithium-ion batteries, and defence radar jamming developed recently.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 07:52:39 PM
It was VERY obviously NOT a truck bomb.  To damage a bridge like that requires the explosion to be below the carriageways.
Boat bomb it is then 

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 10, 2022, 07:12:22 PM
Yes a very slow moving one with a Diesel engine and several axles.
It was VERY obviously NOT a truck bomb.  To damage a bridge like that requires the explosion to be below the carriageways.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on October 10, 2022, 07:12:22 PM
How about a boat bomb , With a diesel engine and several exiles ?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 03:43:57 PM
Given the video of the explosion, (which is very obviously under the bridge,) and the damage done with no damage to the surface of the carriage way, it was a missile of some kind.) I find it strange that Russian divers are inspecting the base of the piers. Unless they think it was a torpedo. Which would be even stranger. What it was NOT was a truck bomb or a few backpacks of explosives attached under the bridge.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 10, 2022, 05:16:04 PM
The Bridge is a key strategic asset. It sits in a nest of 2 S-400 SAM systems 2 S-300 Sam Systems with smaller systems for more close in defense (still more than enough to cover the bridge)
In addition there are ships of the Black Sea Fleet constantly on patrol and there are fighter jets constantly in the air, in the vicinity.

S-400 have a strong anti Ballistic missile capability
S-300 are geared to intercepting planes and Cruise missiles (as indeed are BUK and Pantsir)

The Black Sea Fleet have ship based versions of the same Air Defense systems, plus the obvious anti ship and anti sub capabilities
Fast jets and Airborne Radar can spot airborne attacks from a large distance.

You don't just fire a missile at the Kersh bridge and expect it to get through.
Nick said you would pull the Official Secrets trick to wriggle out and he was right.
There is no sign of ANY defences on that bridge. Also a lot of people have been wrong over the years about missiles not being able to get through defensive systems including the Royal Navy, and the American Navy.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 04:14:43 PM(There also appears to be no defensive systems against attack on the bridge.)

The Bridge is a key strategic asset. It sits in a nest of 2 S-400 SAM systems 2 S-300 Sam Systems with smaller systems for more close in defense (still more than enough to cover the bridge)
In addition there are ships of the Black Sea Fleet constantly on patrol and there are fighter jets constantly in the air, in the vicinity.

S-400 have a strong anti Ballistic missile capability
S-300 are geared to intercepting planes and Cruise missiles (as indeed are BUK and Pantsir)

The Black Sea Fleet have ship based versions of the same Air Defense systems, plus the obvious anti ship and anti sub capabilities
Fast jets and Airborne Radar can spot airborne attacks from a large distance.

You don't just fire a missile at the Kersh bridge and expect it to get through.
Nick said you would pull the Official Secrets trick to wriggle out and he was right.