What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 09:24:03 AM
As one of the posted said, strange how there's always a video camera pointing at the blast!
I dunno Nick as I said in a thread the world and his wife have their phones oblivious to everything else,nattering,filming what they're eating themselves things that look boring to me.

Seem to live in a separate world to that they interact with.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 19, 2022, 08:37:54 PM
Explosion near to st Petersburg

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1593975948222791681
As one of the posted said, strange how there's always a video camera pointing at the blast!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

What is happening, well Ukraine has been turned to rubble its population displaced and those who are left suffer the consequences of said war the other outcome of global expansionism. It won't the first by a long chalk and probably not the last. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2022, 06:21:02 PM
-6 and snowing now. An army that doesn't want to be there, not a shock that they're going backwards and any hiatus will allow the Ukraine to restock with western help.
The problem is it is so easy for the Russians to missile the Ukrainian infrastructure. The troops may have withdrawn, but it may be a pyrrhic victory if the people cannot keep warm because of constant attacks on their power grids.

Anyone know what the point is of the UN in all this? The veto is working for Russia.
Maybe we need another International group to be formed which can police the wayward regimes of the world. The UN is a joke.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 19, 2022, 05:16:21 PM
Vlad certainly seems to have screwed up on this.

The Russians have three times the population of the Ukraine and similar weaponry, but despite that they appear to be stumbling back across the borders they crossed nine months ago.

Putin reminds me of Harry Enfield's next character; thuggish but dim
-6 and snowing now. An army that doesn't want to be there, not a shock that they're going backwards and any hiatus will allow the Ukraine to restock with western help. 

Borchester

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 19, 2022, 02:46:18 AM
Baff, whether Ukraine has much of a history or not is totally irrelevant. In 1990 Ukraine was internationally recognised as an independent sovereign state. The problem we have today is that Putin, who was an unremarkable half colonel in the KGB, has been in power as prime minister or president for 24 years, and his mission in life is to bring back the glory days and reunite the Soviet Union. He is a lunatic, a madman.

Vlad certainly seems to have screwed up on this.

The Russians have three times the population of the Ukraine and similar weaponry, but despite that they appear to be stumbling back across the borders they crossed nine months ago.

Putin reminds me of Harry Enfield's next character; thuggish but dim

Algerie Francais !

Red Rackham

Quote from: Baff on November 17, 2022, 09:54:47 AM
"Ukraine" doesn't have much of a national history.
Calling it a country is a bit of a stretch. It's a failed state that lasted around 20 years or something as a united country.

The Russians have valid beef with Ukraine.
They very much were doing what they were accused of.

It's not a black and white cowboy movie with clear good guys and bad guys.
Not the most saintly of allies.
Baff, whether Ukraine has much of a history or not is totally irrelevant. In 1990 Ukraine was internationally recognised as an independent sovereign state. The problem we have today is that Putin, who was an unremarkable half colonel in the KGB, has been in power as prime minister or president for 24 years, and his mission in life is to bring back the glory days and reunite the Soviet Union. He is a lunatic, a madman.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borchester on November 18, 2022, 06:18:01 AM
Ah, the race card.

It was a while coming but Sam has played it at last.
No Borky just you, a rather sad old man trying to deflect a very relevant question.
To whit why does the Rise of the Chinese Empire scares Toots so much, Its not exactly next door is it?
Could it be the thought that they might treat us just as badly as we have treated them?
It has much which is very admirable, not least the fact that they have real leaders and the Oligarch Billionaire class are made to grovel at their feet.
Here, our spineless political class cannot abase themselves enough to please our Oligarch class.

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 18, 2022, 12:53:30 AM
Whats with your visceral fear of foreigners then Toots? It something I usually find with full on White Supremacists; both open and closet.

Ah, the race card.

It was a while coming but Sam has played it at last.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 18, 2022, 12:53:30 AM
Whats with your visceral fear of foreigners then Toots? It something I usually find with full on White Supremacists; both open and closet.

Have you really seen what a dump we being turned into by our own Oligarch class? We are getting more and more like 90's Russia every day and exactly the same vermin are responsible.
Why do you think they have spent the last twenty years teaching you to hate Putin so much.
90's? Russia hasn't reached the 90's yet, they're still in the 70's. 

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2022, 09:36:41 AM
While you admire and promote the rise of the China/Russia Empire. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Have you really seen what a dump we being turned into by our own Oligarch class? We are getting more and more like 90's Russia every day and exactly the same vermin are responsible.
Why do you think they have spent the last twenty years teaching you to hate Putin so much.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Baff on November 17, 2022, 09:50:55 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+use+s+300+for+ground+attack&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB989GB989&oq=russian+use+s+300+for+ground+attack&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l2.18796j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
We all know Ukraine has claimed Russia has used SAM's to attack ground targets. I just say its bollocks to cover the fact that a lot of their own SAM's miss Russian Cruise Missiles and Drones and then hit tower blocks as they came back down to earth. Thia is exactly the same story as lies behind the entire Polish debacle.

Using A SAM to attack ground targets makes as much sense as trying to use a submarine fired torpedo to shoot down a Jet Fighter.

cromwell

Quote from: Baff on November 17, 2022, 09:54:47 AM
"Ukraine" doesn't have much of a national history.
Calling it a country is a bit of a stretch. It's a failed state that lasted around 20 years or something as a united country.

The Russians have valid beef with Ukraine.
They very much were doing what they were accused of.

It's not a black and white cowboy movie with clear good guys and bad guys.
Not the most saintly of allies.
Never thought it in terms of a cowboy movie and the Ukranian people indeed do have a long history and as in the case of so many states in the east have been subject to waves of invaders over many years......ask the Poles.