What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 05:50:19 PM
He has to find recruits first.
There is one thing he cannot fight and that is his reported health decline. The worry is which thug will follow him into power.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 26, 2022, 02:47:49 PM

Darth Putin

@DarthPutinKGB

The trouble is that Putin does not give a toss about how many of his lads get killed. Plus he has until spring to train his new armies. So it looks as though this horror will continue for a bit longer

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Darth Putin

@DarthPutinKGB

Weeks - 43
Victories - O
Economy -
🚽💩
Dead - 100,000
🌻
War Crimes -
♾
Oil revenue -
↘️
Gas price -
↘️
Zelensky - In DC
Me - In bunker
Trousers - Soiled
💩
Another mobilization - Denied..
Merry - HIMARS
💥🎄

I remain a master strategist.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

And he's finally got round to ditching it as a special operation and admits it's a war....took his time.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 21, 2022, 06:26:28 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64055018

Putin says Russia Not To Blame

Right. And expects me to believe that.
He's clearly playing a game over winter hoping the Ukrainians don't hunker in and expand their arsenal. Reality is Zelenskyy is in the US ATM thanking sleepy Joe for the real stuff that is on its way. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Baff on November 24, 2022, 02:48:48 AM
Of course he isn't a lunatic and a madman. Quite the opposite.
He's just a person and indeed leader of an opposing regime and it is preferable for us to brand our enemies mad than to accept their justifications for acting against things we perceive to be in our self interests.
Ultimately we intend to kill these people. Painting them decent and justified isn't helpful.

Internationally recognised, ROFLLMAO.
If numerous world leaders want to pretend that everything in Ukraine is hunky dory, that is their own stupidity.

They have lost control over what you vote for, they are also losing their grip on the NWO , they were always drunk on power and control, now we get to see just how insane they all are, as COVID wasn't enough to wake people up. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

Quote from: Barry on November 19, 2022, 09:14:35 PM
The problem is it is so easy for the Russians to missile the Ukrainian infrastructure. The troops may have withdrawn, but it may be a pyrrhic victory if the people cannot keep warm because of constant attacks on their power grids.

Anyone know what the point is of the UN in all this? The veto is working for Russia.
Maybe we need another International group to be formed which can police the wayward regimes of the world. The UN is a joke.

As far as I can see Putin is just going to keep escalating.
That has been his response to every set back so far.

I expect the war to end with a division of territory based on defensible lines and sympathetic populations. Where those lines will turn out to be I am not sure.
Neither am I sure of any time frame. How long it will take to resolve or for how long any resolution will last.
Ukraine is a famously unstable region of the world. It's borders have changed something like 5 times in living memory.
Lasting peace is historically unheard of in their locality.

I originally predicted the Dniper River to be that line. But the truth is I haven't much clue.

The UN may be a joke, but in no uncertain terms the strength of international support for the Kiev regime has greatly blunted Russia's ability to set the running in Ukraine.
Russia is unable to police Ukraine because so many of the international community actively dispute their jurisdiction over it.

Baff

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 19, 2022, 02:46:18 AM
Baff, whether Ukraine has much of a history or not is totally irrelevant. In 1990 Ukraine was internationally recognised as an independent sovereign state. The problem we have today is that Putin, who was an unremarkable half colonel in the KGB, has been in power as prime minister or president for 24 years, and his mission in life is to bring back the glory days and reunite the Soviet Union. He is a lunatic, a madman.

Of course he isn't a lunatic and a madman. Quite the opposite.
He's just a person and indeed leader of an opposing regime and it is preferable for us to brand our enemies mad than to accept their justifications for acting against things we perceive to be in our self interests.
Ultimately we intend to kill these people. Painting them decent and justified isn't helpful.

Internationally recognised, ROFLLMAO.
If numerous world leaders want to pretend that everything in Ukraine is hunky dory, that is their own stupidity.

Baff

Quote from: Nick on November 17, 2022, 10:28:17 AM
31 years actually, it is also a recognised independent country.

Amongst other things it is recognised to be.

You can recognise that it is an independent country.
It still isn't.

Part of it is occupied. Part of it was independent.
Part of it is now Russia.

And if you don't wish to recognise any of this, then advocate for the killing of a load of people, I guess.

I recognise that it is a failed state. 

What you wish it to be and what it is, are not well matched.

Sheepy

Or then again maybe he is pondering, why would NATO weapons be used to shell the largest nuclear power plant in Europe? 
It must be those sharing caring woke we always hear about.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2022, 11:35:19 AM
Yeah but he stopped when that bomb went off in Istanbul.
Probably went off to the woods he was that frightened.

I doubt that, he is probably pondering why would missiles land in Poland that never were his. A direct attack on a NATO country no less. Shouldn't that be an article 5 issue, Or was it just deemed a mistake by Ukraine? So no need to invade the place?

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on November 21, 2022, 09:35:42 AM
Did you see that Bear wave? maybe he will be dancing next.
Yeah but he stopped when that bomb went off in Istanbul.
Probably went off to the woods he was that frightened.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2022, 07:41:50 PM
I dunno Nick as I said in a thread the world and his wife have their phones oblivious to everything else,nattering,filming what they're eating themselves things that look boring to me.

Seem to live in a separate world to that they interact with.
Did you see that Bear wave? maybe he will be dancing next.