What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Just because someone contradicts the "Official" Western narrative does not make them pro Russian or a Kremlin bot or whatever. Given also that the Western narrative is probably the biggest load of unexpurgated bullocks ever produced in the history of warfare, it means that anyone with even an ounce of impartiality is going to be vilified by the West.

The reality is out there and Pappy and you just need to get off your bone idle backside and look for it. (Spoiler alert - you wont find it in the paper or on telly)

This is an excellent analysis from last week. Most of what he predicted has come true or is happening right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYOmY12YHU

Baff

DPA is about as credible a reporter as I can find in this war.
Top of my list.

I watch his updates daily and religiously.
About to watch them now, as it happens.

Strongly recommended viewing in my opinion.

Essentially he collates all the daily news from Ukraine and Russian press releases and plots them onto a Google Earth map.
Updating it each day. Over time, it tells a story.

Totally fascinating war analysis. I'm hooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4oRJmVRPJM

papasmurf

Any chance of a credible source for any of that? Or is it just your usual propaganda?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Looks like the slow collapse of the Ukrainian defensive lines in the North of the Donbas is finally underway and even the BBC having to admit that the town of Soledar is all but taken.

The Russians made very significant advances yesterday around Soledar which leaves the Ukrainian held west of the town in full operational encirclement. There are still UA forces in the town but Ukrainian military sources are saying that damaged units are being withdrawn and no replacements are being sent.

The fall of Soledar marks the breaking of a major fortified line and splits the connection from Bakhmut to Siversk. The upshot of this is very easily the collapse of the North Donbas Ukrainian positions and forces them to retreat West of the Oskil river to avoid being cut off and flanked in Northern Donetsk, Lughansk and Kharkov regions. In short it reverses a large amount of the territorial gains that they the Ukrainians made in their Autumn Kharkov offensive.

The taking of Soledar is so much more than the taking of a large town. It is the defeat of numerous top Ukrainian Brigades and not simply the four that were defending the town this week, but the all the others "rotated" in an out in rapid succession over the last few months. The last few days have seen the defeat of the Ukrainians 46th Mechanised Brigade and the 128th Air Assault Brigade. There are a couple of Tank Brigades (or at least some Battalions thereof) left to make the fighting withdrawal from the town.

There are about another eight Brigades in and around the rest of Bakhmut where the above story is being repeated.
This is not like Kharkov or Kherson where the Russians simply withdrew to a better defensive line and did not give battle. This has been a full major battle and the Ukrainians have lost and lost big.

DPA is a former Military officer from Singapore who has earned a strong reputation for being impartial and objective over the course of the conflict.
I think he details the recent events very succinctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-EXtuDBrE&t=631s

Sheepy

Putin suffering with 'megalomania' brought on by cancer drugs, Western intelligence source claims (msn.com)
Managed to get yourselves deep in it over war yet again then? So, he won't be dead in days, he isn't hiding in a bunker, he hasn't run out of missiles and he hasn't fallen over and given in to every demand you have made, he has in fact deepened his ties with the Chinese and created hardships everywhere you look.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 30, 2022, 10:53:45 AM
I think their days are numbered myself

Very amusing, probably not so amusing for those in China and Russia who have committed fraud at high levels. They don't seem to be doing so well as they do in the west. No knighthoods for them. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2022, 08:29:21 PM
yes I made a joke about advent calendars.
I think their days are numbered myself 

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 29, 2022, 01:26:59 PM
Just think about what you said.
I know its hard, but just think about it, just for me.....

and yes, despite being assured that Russia has no missiles or ammo or anything really, left since last March, somehow every few weeks another 100 missiles are found and launched
The crazy part, is despite this very obvious fact, you and indeed many others, are still listening to the clowns telling you otherwise and still regard them as "experts"
You couldn't make this shite up!
Well you obviously make things up,Think what I said......yes I made a joke about advent calendars.

Now you think what you said.....where did I mention lack of missiles?Still you celebrate a lot of people being killed in this special oper.......
whoops war.......three days and it'll all be over,how's that working out?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on December 29, 2022, 01:26:59 PM

and yes, despite being assured that Russia has no missiles or ammo or anything really, left since last March, somehow every few weeks another 100 missiles are found and launched
The crazy part, is despite this very obvious fact, you and indeed many others, are still listening to the clowns telling you otherwise and still regard them as "experts"
Vlad isn't coming to the table until he has the upper hand as we have said from the start, a few dead Oligarchs turning up, which either side could have had them done away with as a threat is a bit of fodder not that I underestimate Vlads intelligence or his need to be ruthless, he should remember those who might not have his level of intelligence are stuck with facing him down. 

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2022, 09:51:37 AM
I got a Russian advent calendar this year.

When you open a window an oligarch falls out.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 29, 2022, 09:51:37 AM

After destructive missile attacks: Russia boasts weapons galore (msn.com)
But then not rocket science, is it? oh yes, it is.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 06:15:59 PM
It seems that almost every week another of those who disagree with Putin is either having a sudden heart attack, or jumps out of a window, or some disaster which ends up with them dead.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 27, 2022, 12:21:47 AM
Bear in mind that the Russians are only half way through Lent, so it is understandable that they are getting a bit teachy. And Putin himself is a Christian (although admittedly of some Johnny Foreigner variety, so after Christmas (7 January), Vlad might calm down and proclaim a time of goodwill to all men and such.

At the moment the propaganda goes he is running out of missiles, so he just fires more. 

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 06:15:59 PM
It seems that almost every week another of those who disagree with Putin is either having a sudden heart attack, or jumps out of a window, or some disaster which ends up with them dead.

Bear in mind that the Russians are only half way through Lent, so it is understandable that they are getting a bit teachy. And Putin himself is a Christian (although admittedly of some Johnny Foreigner variety, so after Christmas (7 January), Vlad might calm down and proclaim a time of goodwill to all men and such.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts