What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 24, 2023, 10:28:02 AM
Missed one! the Deputy Head of Zelensky's office has also resigned!.
Interestingly the BBC is spinning all of this as a planned Anti Corruption Drive, which would certainly be plausible in the Ukraine. Not exactly the ideal time to carry it out though!
Nobody much cares, we are immune to political corruption, they are busy anyway, trying to create WW3.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Missed one! the Deputy Head of Zelensky's office has also resigned!.
Interestingly the BBC is spinning all of this as a planned Anti Corruption Drive, which would certainly be plausible in the Ukraine. Not exactly the ideal time to carry it out though!

Sampanviking

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 18, 2023, 01:56:31 PM
An interesting (read difficult) couple of days for the Kiev regime itself.
It would be easy to accept the today's helicopter crash that wiped out the Interior Ministry leadership, as an accident if it did not follow on from yesterdays resignation by Presidential spokesman Alexi Aristovich.

Aristovich did not simply resign he actually started to savage Zelensky's policies and the Governments position.

The first clue of him going off message was to admit on TV that the Dneipro tragedy was the result of an Air Defense shoot down of a Cruise Missile, which then hit the tower block.

https://twitter.com/JR357818995/status/1614482554517700608

He repudiated the policy of vilifying Russian Ukrainians and the closing down of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1615366266121867266

So on Tuesday Zelensky is deserted by one high profile member of his team and on Wednesday another senior member of this team (with all his team) is killed.
Possibly it could be just an unfortunate coincidence, but the optics (especially to a regime like Zelensky's where the optics matter so much) suggest another story.

If this is the start of Regime meltdown, we will see a gathering pace of bad news over the coming days.
There seems to be a real spate of resignations from the Kiev regime, which seems to be picking up a real head of steam. Mostly it seems to be me Junior and Mid Ranking Ministers and a lot of Regional Governors, many from the contested regions. The biggest name I have seen today is the Minister of Regions and Infrastructure, who has tendered his resignation. Perhpase more worrying for Kiev are these stories of two senior Ukrainian Intelligence Officers that defected to the Russians at some point over the last couple of days.

On top of that there is still significant advances both South and North of Bakhmut with signs the town is moving from Operational to full Tactical Encirclement. If the Ukrainian defenders don't pull out soon they will be trapped; surrounded by the Russians who will hold all the high ground.
Beyond the encirclement of Bakhmut the new salients are also pushing out in all the other directions to expand the Bridgeheads, which is threatening Siversk, Chavisk Yar and the "New York" Urban area.
On top of that, we have seen the Russians activate the Southern Zaphorisia front and launch what appears to be a major offensive along its entire length.
This is course is before the new Russian groupings of some 200,000 strong, still sitting along the Northern borders of the Ukraine have yet to start any offensives of their own.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 18, 2023, 01:56:31 PM
It would be easy to accept the today's helicopter crash that wiped out the Interior Ministry leadership, as an accident if it did not follow on from yesterdays resignation by Presidential spokesman Alexi Aristovich.

Aristovich did not simply resign he actually started to savage Zelensky's policies and the Governments position.

The first clue of him going off message was to admit on TV that the Dneipro tragedy was the result of an Air Defense shoot down of a Cruise Missile, which then hit the tower block.

He repudiated the policy of vilifying Russian Ukrainians and the closing down of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

So on Tuesday Zelensky is deserted by one high profile member of his team and on Wednesday another senior member of this team (with all his team) is killed.
Possibly it could be just an unfortunate coincidence, but the optics (especially to a regime like Zelensky's where the optics matter so much) suggest another story.

If this is the start of Regime meltdown, we will see a gathering pace of bad news over the coming days.

I was reading the excuse for a media we have apparently we have declared war on Russia without actually sating we have declared war on Russia. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 18, 2023, 03:08:26 PM

Today's news... Russia to conscript another 500,000 men.

They were double subscribed by volunteers for the last mobilisation. 600,000 applied for 300,000 positions.
That leaves with them with 200,000 rather less willing men to find.
I have to ask where was that propaganda published?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 16, 2023, 11:22:48 PM
Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them

WE lost Afghanistan to a bunch of bloody hillbillies when WE were a f**king superpower and the yanks a bunch of upstart f**king colonials.

The Russians found they had the same problem for the same reason. Those bloody hillbillies know every f**king inch of those hills and without actually nuking the f**kers you won't win.

As for the Challenger Tanks Jesus They're thirty years old and half the ones OUR army have are so f**ked they can't be deployed

As multiple sources quote, the Ukrainians would really like some German tanks but Germany hasn't decided whether it wants to attract the Russians in their direction just yet

Tne key problem with Afghanistan is that it's not worth it.
Ukraine very probably is worth it to the Russians.

Today's news... Russia to conscript another 500,000 men.

They were double subscribed by volunteers for the last mobilisation. 600,000 applied for 300,000 positions.
That leaves with them with 200,000 rather less willing men to find.

Baff

Quote from: Nick on January 13, 2023, 10:17:35 AM
They were hunting Bin Laden.

The Russians are hunting Nazi's.

Oh. And bringing democracy of course.

Sampanviking

papasmurf

I will be interested to see what is behind this. (If we ever find out.)

@@@ DELETED DUE TO DUPLICATION OF POST #1455 @@@
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 12, 2023, 07:57:09 PM
They fought the Afghans for years and couldn't beat a bunch of hillbillies, how they going to beat the Ukraine armed with the latest tech?
Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them

WE lost Afghanistan to a bunch of bloody hillbillies when WE were a fucking superpower and the yanks a bunch of upstart fucking colonials. 

The Russians found they had the same problem for the same reason. Those bloody hillbillies know every fucking inch of those hills and without actually nuking the fuckers you won't win.

As for the Challenger Tanks Jesus They're thirty years old and half the ones OUR army have are so fucked they can't be deployed 

As multiple sources quote, the Ukrainians would really like some German tanks but Germany hasn't decided whether it wants to attract the Russians in their direction just yet

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

What's this say if commanders of special forces are seeking asylum. He will no doubt sing like a canary. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64296979

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 12, 2023, 07:57:09 PM
They fought the Afghans for years and couldn't beat a bunch of hillbillies, how they going to beat the Ukraine armed with the latest tech?

Dunno and I don't think that the Russians do either.

The only constant in this war is that the Russians are in the Ukraine and should not be. So the result will be lots of poor bloody Russian and Ukrainian squaddies getting killed because Putin lacks both the sense and bottle to take his armies home
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Baff

Quote from: Nick on January 12, 2023, 11:50:24 PM
NATO's exploits in Afghanistan were for a specific reason, they weren't fighting a war there. 
Was it a "special operation" by any chance?