What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Wouldn't be so cocky about Ukraine winning. The Russians have endless bodies to throw at the problem, there's so many of them vs little Ukraine, but Ukraine has held up well against them nicking everything and terrorising the populace

It's true that the West tried to foment "color revolutions' in Ukraine and Maidan was a sham, but that still doesn't justify Russia invading a sovereign country and terrorising the population
+++

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 15, 2024, 09:23:10 PM
Firstly, Russia is not THE aggressor.  The war began in 2014.  The Maidan revolutionaries were the aggressors who started the war.  Now the Zelensky regime is another aggressor.  So, given that we helped Ukraine because Russia invaded, should we now help Russia because Ukraine invaded?  I just want answers which are not hypocritical.
Russia not the aggressor because of what happened in 2014, let me think... Russia invade Ukraine (Crimea), what am I missing here? I have a whole host of friends from Angarsk to Perm to St Petersburg that say you're wrong, most of them are just normal people, trying to live their lives: they are being brutally assaulted by their own country. Don't tell me Russia isn't the aggressor you just make yourself look stupid.

If Russia isn't the aggressor, until this war, who has fired one single piece of armament into Russian territory? 

A few observations, no one is going to press the button for an old man like Putin, he will end up with a bit of lead in his ear. If he engages NATO, his only out will be the said instruction to end the world (bit of lead) or complete surrender like Germany did. 

You do know that Russia 💩 their pants when Challenger tanks are deployed? Russia's standard routine is retreat and wait for the tanks to run over a land mine, wait for the crew to withdraw and then drop a drone down the open turret cause they can't penetrate the Challengers skin. Well here is the problem for the Ruskies if the U.K. joins in, challenger three has Trophy so no amount of drones are going to bother it. The regiment keeps on advancing until the engineers reach the tank, change the tracks and away it goes. 

Ukraine now controls a 1100km section of Russia and has set up a command post, this is a major embarrassment for them. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 03:02:25 PM
You do know Russia is the aggressor and invaded another country? All they have achieved is more countries joining NATO and total humiliation of their armed forces. They are now even more embarrassed because of how easily their border has been breached. I will txt my friend and ask him how Russia is reporting this.
Firstly, Russia is not THE aggressor.  The war began in 2014.  The Maidan revolutionaries were the aggressors who started the war.  Now the Zelensky regime is another aggressor.  So, given that we helped Ukraine because Russia invaded, should we now help Russia because Ukraine invaded?  I just want answers which are not hypocritical.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

So here is the txt from my friend who is in Pskov.
The gist is that Russia is being very quiet and not saying anything, this means they can't come up with any suitable lies atm.

After another round of txt where I asked Alex how he was managing to dodge conscription, he's 57 btw. He said Putin has increased the soldiers wages and doubled income tax for non-military people making it nigh on impossible to feed your family, only choice is to volunteer, so there has been a larger than normal volunteer rate. Either your family dies from malnutrition or you potentially die but your family is ok. What a lovely man, and this is the kind of person people on here think is a hero. Shame on you. I'd rather be a clown all day long and twice on Sunday. 

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 15, 2024, 02:42:47 PM
So now Ukraine has invaded Russia, should we give weapons and money to Russia so they can defend their sovereignty?  🤣
You do know Russia is the aggressor and invaded another country? All they have achieved is more countries joining NATO and total humiliation of their armed forces. They are now even more embarrassed because of how easily their border has been breached. I will txt my friend and ask him how Russia is reporting this. 

Scott777

So now Ukraine has invaded Russia, should we give weapons and money to Russia so they can defend their sovereignty?  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borg Refinery

+++

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 15, 2024, 12:36:59 AM
That definitely convinced us, now just link a Chinese YouTuber to ram the point home
He is clearly another have-a-go hero like someone else, probably has camo pyjamas and a full set of Jane's. 

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 14, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Nick, your a real clown :D

Meanwhile the Ukrainian army is running around the border farms and villages of Kursk, using many of its best units for the task, most of which are being taken from critical fronts in the Donbass and Kharkov regions.

Hardly a surprise that the Ukrainian defenses, in these regions keep crumbling faster and faster.
Some commentators have said that maybe the Ukrainians believed that the border incursion would make Russia redeploy its forces from these fronts and that this would cause them to stall the Russian advance. If so then there policy is a total failure as no units from the SMO have been redeployed and entirely new units are being used for the Counter Terrorism operation in Kursk.

In fact, I hear today that the Ukrainian redeployment to Kursk has included forces that had been containing the Russian forces that had crossed the Kharkov border in May and that now the Russians have begun advancing on these fronts again as well.

It all starts to look like the Mother of all games of Chicken to me. Lets see who blinks first. I had to bet between the Media Victory addict in Kiev or the Hardman of the Kremlin, I think I would back the Kremlin every time....
So I'm a clown, now you have to give information on how you know NATO destroyed the bridge and the Russian fleet, cause you're going to look a bigger clown if you don't. Can't wait for this. 

Borg Refinery

The deployment of F-16s in Ukraine should be a huge gamechanger now, maybe that has given them the confidence to smash through Russian territory, although I haven't specifically heard if F-16s have been involved in that.

It looks to me like Putin is scared and on the backleg now, it's quite obvious this isn't going the way he intended, remembering they expected to take Kiev in something like 2 weeks.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 14, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Nick, your a real clown :D

That definitely convinced us, now just link a Chinese YouTuber to ram the point home
+++

Sampanviking

Nick, your a real clown :D

Meanwhile the Ukrainian army is running around the border farms and villages of Kursk, using many of its best units for the task, most of which are being taken from critical fronts in the Donbass and Kharkov regions. 

Hardly a surprise that the Ukrainian defenses, in these regions keep crumbling faster and faster.
Some commentators have said that maybe the Ukrainians believed that the border incursion would make Russia redeploy its forces from these fronts and that this would cause them to stall the Russian advance. If so then there policy is a total failure as no units from the SMO have been redeployed and entirely new units are being used for the Counter Terrorism operation in Kursk.

In fact, I hear today that the Ukrainian redeployment to Kursk has included forces that had been containing the Russian forces that had crossed the Kharkov border in May and that now the Russians have begun advancing on these fronts again as well.

It all starts to look like the Mother of all games of Chicken to me. Lets see who blinks first. I had to bet between the Media Victory addict in Kiev or the Hardman of the Kremlin, I think I would back the Kremlin every time.... 

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 11, 2024, 09:28:40 PM

The attacks against the Black Sea Fleet and the Bridge probably did not have a single Ukrainian actively involved, all NATO technicians and advisors. 
Pure supposition with absolutely no foundation. 

Nick

They are withstanding an assault by NATO, that is exactly what this war is. Obviously nobody wants this to be open and so both sides are fighting with one hand tied behind their back.
The attacks against the Black Sea Fleet and the Bridge probably did not have a single Ukrainian actively involved, all NATO technicians and advisors. Attacks only possible because US recon drones, planes and satellites have not been targeted.  In an  open war they obviously would be.

I would say that you over estimate NATO ridiculously. Mostly its another Ponzi scam like the EU to bleed the taxpayer. What exactly can the European countries field today, especially after the Inventories of their Arsenals have been depleted to a level that is alarming Professionals and which may take decades to replenish.

F22's and F35's? the last of the NATO Wunderwaffe after every other weapon system sent has burnt on the Steppe just like any other. US Carriers in the Black Sea would be sitting ducks and the yanks know it.

The UK apparently would struggle to put a single Brigade into the field at the moment. The Russians are eating up these sized units in a matter of weeks.

On top of this of course, no Western country has fought a real modern war like the war in the Ukraine. Those ex servicemen volunteers at the beginning that went to the Ukraine stood for one attack and then legged it back over the border.

The Russian Juggernaut is never pretty, always slow at the beginning, but always ramps up and up and up and nearly always wins.
This war looks like no exception.

Overall, there is a real Ardennes Offensive feel about the Ukrainian excursion into Kursk, a last desperate action while the other fronts crumble at ever increasing speed.

I cant see the Russians agreeing to Peace Talks now, unless its unconditional surrender. Why should they, they look able to take all they want and the West has broken every previous treaty it has signed before the ink was dry.
No NATO rockets have been fired into Russian territory, that would change rapidly if NATO joined in. Below shows the difference in military capabilities, Russia wouldn't last a week. NATO will already know the location of every munitions dump, personnel and launch sites, they'd be targeted first. Has Russia actually won any of its recent exploits? 

papasmurf

The attacks against the Black Sea Fleet and the Bridge probably did not have a single Ukrainian actively involved, all NATO technicians and advisors. 
Credible evidence please.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe