What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 23, 2022, 12:40:03 AM
Another former US Military Intelligence Insider, tells it like it is

Article link below - as well as general info, he talks about the two Cruise Missile strikes in Western Ukraine over the last couple of weeks and the nature of the targets that were hit.

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/larry-c-johnson-the-ukrainian-army-has-been-defeated-whats-left-is-mop-up/

Also adding a map showing the positions as of the 22nd
Well, it's a bit late coming because now the country is rubble the majority are displaced a rank amateur has done his job. No critical thinking involved. Reliance on pure propaganda and screaming loons as usual.  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Another former US Military Intelligence Insider, tells it like it is

QuoteBio– Larry C Johnson is a veteran of the CIA and the State Department's Office of Counter Terrorism. He is the founder and managing partner of BERG Associates, which was established in 1998. Larry provided training to the US Military's Special Operations community for 24 years. He has been vilified by the right and the left, which means he must be doing something right. His analysis and commentary can be found at his blog, https://sonar21.com/

Article link below - as well as general info, he talks about the two Cruise Missile strikes in Western Ukraine over the last couple of weeks and the nature of the targets that were hit.

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/larry-c-johnson-the-ukrainian-army-has-been-defeated-whats-left-is-mop-up/

Also adding a map showing the positions as of the 22nd

Sampanviking

News from the actual Donbas frontline has been extremely rare over the last few weeks
Today however there is lots of new buzzing. Apparently, there have been multiple breakthroughs on the Donetsk front lines with Russian and DPR forces making considerable progress North into the Contact Line.

Some sources are talking about a major Ukrainian withdrawel from the front.
If so. its a repeat of 2015 where the Ukrainian front suddenly disintegrated and turned into a rout.

Have to wait and see but probably explains the hysteria from both Zekenskyy and Biden this morning.

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sampanviking

Russian MOD has released footage of the missile strike on the Kiev shopping center last night
They show that it was being used to store rockets for Ukraines MLRS systems.
Well, if they are wrong, that was one hell of a bang for flour and soap powder!

https://files.catbox.moe/h508qn.mp4

Just added a picture that does indeed show MLRS vehicles parked in the shopping center and the online discussion about it. Thankfully translated into English.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 21, 2022, 02:25:15 PM
It would seem you would think it funny ,strange even that anyone should fight for their freedom, or their democracy. It's plainly obvious the vast majority of Ukrainians , want the Russians out of the Ukraine, that's democracy, it's a majority. It's plainly obvious that majority want to be free of Russia, which  is their sovereign right.
It would seem you would find it funny anyone would chose to not be subject to Putin.

Not really because it seems the people of Donbass have been doing it for rather a while. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 21, 2022, 12:05:55 PM

A funny way to fight for Freedom and Democracy if you ask me.

It would seem you would think it funny ,strange even that anyone should fight for their freedom, or their democracy. It's plainly obvious the vast majority of Ukrainians , want the Russians out of the Ukraine, that's democracy, it's a majority. It's plainly obvious that majority want to be free of Russia, which  is their sovereign right.
It would seem you would find it funny anyone would chose to not be subject to Putin.

srb7677

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 21, 2022, 12:05:55 PMI guess some people just don't want to hear anything that contradicts the official narrative
Hahaha, that's a bit rich coming from you. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

I guess some people just don't want to hear anything that contradicts the official narrative, that we are being fed.
Well dream on, because the narrative and reality are growing ever distant from each other and the narrative getting ever more shrill as a result.
If anybody watched the video from Mariupol yesterday, they cannot have failed to note the long line of civilian vehicles waiting to evacuate into DPR territory and maybe beyond into Russia.
I point this out in response to claims that residents were being "forced" to go there.
The footage clearly shows this is not the case and that civilians want to leave and are leaving in their own transport, of their own volition.
The refusal of the the Azov lead garrison in Mariupol to accept the terms of withdrawal to Ukrainian territory (as was done to Idlib many times in Syria) is shameful and shows a desire by this grouping to continue to inflict as much harm on the civilians they are using as human shields for as long as they can. There is no excuse for this, the battle is lost and beyond redemption.

For those cheering on the Kiev regime, just be sure you really understand what you are cheering
News from yesterday glossed over by BBC of course
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/ukraine-suspends-11-political-parties-with-links-to-russia

11 Political parties including the largest opposition party have been banned yesterday by the regime.
A funny way to fight for Freedom and Democracy if you ask me.

Groo

Quote from: srb7677 on March 21, 2022, 10:22:47 AM
This thread reminds me of a certain radio boadcaster many decades ago.

"Germany calling, Germany calling," followed by a torrent of enemy propaganda by Lord Haw Haw.

Still it has it's entertainment value I suppose.

If this expanded across Europe and for some reason didn't end up in a Nuclear War but Russian troops were in the UK, SampanViking would be in the streets with the Russians, pointing out enemies.

srb7677

This thread reminds me of a certain radio boadcaster many decades ago.

"Germany calling, Germany calling," followed by a torrent of enemy propaganda by Lord Haw Haw.

Still it has it's entertainment value I suppose.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

This is from CGTN Russia with a correspondent also embedded with the DPR forces. These are pushing north from Donetsk into the main encirclement of Ukrainian forces in the North Donbass,
The video is in Russian but you can get the jist on subtitles if you use auto translate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCGVk5STfQI

Sampanviking

Patrick Lancaster is the first English Speaking Journalist to enter Mariuplol and sends this report today.
He seems to be embedded with DPR forces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UzUMrEEXM

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on March 18, 2022, 11:34:03 AM
Well they haven't actually. The Ukraine is far from being overrun as yet.

It would be as if the UK was said to be overun by an invader that had thus far only captured Cornwall and Kent, and had as yet failed to reach London.

I'm not convinced.

Now I'd be the first to say that if OFCOM deem RT to be a propaganda mouthpiece unfit to hold a permit to broadcast, a hard look at the BBC is needed but their maps tell a tale equivalent to successful amphibious landings from County Durham to Chichester ably assisted by the Scots and Meibion Kerniw with London feeling the pinch....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 18, 2022, 09:38:28 PM

Missives from Moscow?
For those in the firing line it is more likely to be missiles from Moscow.