What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 28, 2022, 01:32:00 PM
Can Putin raise the dead?
The Russian officer with the Chechen Leader, filmed today in Mariupol is General Mordvichev from 8th Army. Claimed killed by Ukrainian state propaganda on the 19th of March.

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1508401585491173383?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1508401585491173383%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinodefenceforum.com%2Ft%2Fukrainian-war-developments.8899%2Fpage-1644
Maybe not,but he's a dab hand with the poison......even to his friends.  Puke
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 27, 2022, 10:23:14 PM
As I have pointed out a few times, Assange brought on his own head the ire of the Ecuadorian President which led directly to the invitation to the Met to enter the embassy and take the shithead away. 

Not quite correct, John.  The Ecuadorian president at the time, Lenín Moreno, had replaced the one who resided for 5 years while Assange was in the embassy.  Clearly a different president is likely to have different feelings on the situation.  More likely, Moreno just didn't like Assange, and the previous president did.  Indeed, some time after Moreno got in, it was reported Assange had his internet taken away.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2022, 07:34:08 PM
Apart from embarressing the yanks , has assange been convicted of anything in England yet? Genuinely serious?

Guilty of free speech.  We should all know better than to speak slightly more freely than we are allowed. 🤔
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 27, 2022, 10:23:14 PM
A couple of points.

He should have been found guilty of skipping bail and doing a runner to the Ecuadorian embassy. 

As I have pointed out a few times, Assange brought on his own head the ire of the Ecuadorian President which led directly to the invitation to the Met to enter the embassy and take the shithead away. If you or I were faced with doing a runner to a foreign embassy for sanctuary from the Great Satan across the pond, and were reliant for our protection from Uncle Sam upon the whim of such a country's President, I presume you would do what I would, namely spend as much time as possible finding ways to say nice things about said President, big up the way he and his people have been harshly done by etc etc and generally do my damndest to get public opinion behind "El Presidente" and definitely not behind the POTUS. What I most definitely would NOT do is use the embassy's internet to piss on the country's president from a great height. Guess which Assange did.....
Maybe he should have john , the point is he wasnt.

If he was in a russian jail then it would be all over the papers of the unfairness of it all. Like i said, i dont hold a candle for assange as much as the fact it pisses me off this one way "special relationship" with the yanks.

The ukrainians are being given  a using and the european/uk economy being facked so the yanks can play their wee games with russia.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2022, 07:34:08 PM
Apart from embarressing the yanks , has assange been convicted of anything in England yet? Genuinely serious?

I dont hold a candle for assange, but the hypocrisy over how he is being treated really stinks to high heaven.

Like i said , we need someone with balls like salmond , galloway or thatcher to stand up to our president and government in washington , but unfortunately johnson doesnt appear to have those same balls , or sturgeon for that matter.

Why can't they trade assange for that sacoolas woman?
A couple of points.

He should have been found guilty of skipping bail and doing a runner to the Ecuadorian embassy. 

As I have pointed out a few times, Assange brought on his own head the ire of the Ecuadorian President which led directly to the invitation to the Met to enter the embassy and take the shithead away. If you or I were faced with doing a runner to a foreign embassy for sanctuary from the Great Satan across the pond, and were reliant for our protection from Uncle Sam upon the whim of such a country's President, I presume you would do what I would, namely spend as much time as possible finding ways to say nice things about said President, big up the way he and his people have been harshly done by etc etc and generally do my damndest to get public opinion behind "El Presidente" and definitely not behind the POTUS. What I most definitely would NOT do is use the embassy's internet to piss on the country's president from a great height. Guess which Assange did.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on March 27, 2022, 07:29:41 PM
Oh, but Thomas, Assange is such a big threat to national security, whereas Putin never has such good reasons to imprison people, so he the bad man.  😁

I dont hold a candle for assange, but the hypocrisy over how he is being treated really stinks to high heaven.

Like i said , we need someone with balls like salmond , galloway or thatcher to stand up to our president and government in washington , but unfortunately johnson doesnt appear to have those same balls , or sturgeon for that matter.

Why cant they trade assange for that sacoolas woman?

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2022, 03:34:08 PM
anyone know the latest to date on what happening with the killer of wee english boy harry dunn , and wether anne sacoolas is getting extradited to face the music in an english court while the USA demands julian assanges extradition?

Peter Hitchens in today's Mail on Sunday: We are poorly placed to condemn Russian censorship (while one of the most effective independent journalists of our time [Julian Assange] languishes in maximum security prison..though he has not been convicted of anything)

Oh, but Thomas, Assange is such a big threat to national security, whereas Putin never has such good reasons to imprison people, so he the bad man.  😁

Thomas

I wonder if the american people are going to remove sleepy joe rather than the russians with vlad?

That auld saying about being carefull what you wish for certainly rings true after the trump years when all and sundry were jumping on the bandwagon slagging trump off. This guy biden really is in a league of his own.

Apparently the yanks are using the slogan "billions for ukraine as we go down the drain". :D

Thomas

poor auld sleepy joe and the team not cutting it with the yank public in terms of polling .....

@anthonyzenkus

Latest poll spells trouble for Biden and Dems. This is Biden's lowest approval ever in NBC poll. Esp troubling for Dems is only 33% approve of how he is handling economy. 40% Approve 55% Disapprove (source: NBC News March 18-22)

His numbers regarding Ukraine are even worse: Only 28% approve, 71% Disapprove

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 27, 2022, 07:14:50 PM
Ok, in the short interlude while Colonel Sampanski has been sorting out his map table, some news has come in that will absolutely f*cking stun you all. Sean Penn is going to melt his Oscars down if Zelensky doesn't get the opportunity to speak at the ceremony :D

I'm not sure which is worse here. The Ukraine's president hamming it up for the premier Festival of Virtue Signalling itself, or that talent-less **** Penn threatening to melt down awards he should never have got in the first place

Should have stuck to shagging Madonna pal.
:D

DeppityDawg

Ok, in the short interlude while Colonel Sampanski has been sorting out his map table, some news has come in that will absolutely f*cking stun you all. Sean Penn is going to melt his Oscars down if Zelensky doesn't get the opportunity to speak at the ceremony :D

I'm not sure which is worse here. The Ukraine's president hamming it up for the premier Festival of Virtue Signalling itself, or that talent-less **** Penn threatening to melt down awards he should never have got in the first place

Should have stuck to shagging Madonna pal.