What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 03, 2022, 01:36:55 PM
Tbf Borchester, I'm one of the few posters who has stayed non partisan on this subject, but if being a realist makes me one of Putins pals, I guess I'll have to live with that.

I agree, you are. So stop being so tetchy.

My take on the war is that a lot of poor devils are being killed and maimed. Other than that I reckon that half the reports coming out of the Ukraine are nonsense and the rest is lies.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2022, 03:42:16 PM

Borkie will you fackin stope it. :D

In all the time i have been on this forum with you, you have been the voice of conservative selfishness and greed.

Your famous one liner has been "fack the common good , whats in it for me?"

Very kind of you to say so Tommy. I have always felt that altruism is just another way of saying you are well fucked pal, but for all the best possible reasons :):)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

i think hitchens summed it up for me anyway....

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Tbf Borchester, I'm one of the few posters who has stayed non partisan on this subject, but if being a realist makes me one of Putins pals, I guess I'll have to live with that.

Comrade dawg. Velcoms to the politburo.

There will be an order of victory medal  , dacha outside moscow and lifetime supply of slivovitz in this for you.

эти тупые старые жуки наконец теряют сюжет!

Я так смеюсь, что не могу дышать здесь, товарищ.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on April 03, 2022, 12:28:44 PM
Yeah, well, you are just one of Putin's Pals. And if the media says that the Russian hordes have been driven back by gallant Ukrainian housewives waving dustpans, that is good enough for me.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on April 03, 2022, 11:16:20 AM
Well Tommy, no one ever said doing the right thing would make you richer or more comfortable.

Borkie will you fackin stope it. :D

In all the time i have been on this forum with you, you have been the voice of conservative selfishness and greed.

Your famous one liner has been "fack the common good , whats in it for me?"

Now dozy doris and slippery sunak are making a cant of the economy and cost of living , you want us to be sleepy joes bum boy and make a noble sacrifice?

I tell you borkie , at the rate doris and slippery are going , even rear charmer is starting to look the best of a bad bunch , and rejoining the EU. Biggest way to piss the public off is pick a pound out their pockets.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 03, 2022, 11:44:00 AM
"What is really happening in..." Really happening? That's a great thread title, isn't it?

The media is full of drama. Like from the DM - "Civilians poison Russian solider with pastry delicacies". A few days earlier the western media was front paging stories about civilians being murdered, Ukrainian leaders imploring everyone about "war crimes", then its "false flag" attacks, and now every man and his dog is an expert on anti-tank guided missiles

A few months back, at the start of the conflict, the press was full of articles about Ukraine forming "militias" and arming civilians. Join the dots. The trouble with wars is that what is "really happening" is never the same as what politicians want to be "happening".
It's all very well but tbf would you trust anything the Russians come out with

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001607q/hardtalk-maria-butina-member-of-russias-state-duma

Total BS but still it's the BBC so they've got a ventriloquist in and dubbed their voice over hers all lies of course to discredit Rasputin. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Your post intrigues me. Are you always non partisan or just in this instance? Is that because there is wrong and right on both sides in all wars or just some of them?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on April 03, 2022, 12:28:44 PM
Yeah, well, you are just one of Putin's Pals. And if the media says that the Russian hordes have been driven back by gallant Ukrainian housewives waving dustpans, that is good enough for me.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 03, 2022, 11:44:00 AM
"What is really happening in..." Really happening? That's a great thread title, isn't it?

The media is full of drama. Like from the DM - "Civilians poison Russian solider with pastry delicacies". A few days earlier the western media was front paging stories about civilians being murdered, Ukrainian leaders imploring everyone about "war crimes", then its "false flag" attacks, and now every man and his dog is an expert on anti-tank guided missiles

A few months back, at the start of the conflict, the press was full of articles about Ukraine forming "militias" and arming civilians. Join the dots. The trouble with wars is that what is "really happening" is never the same as what politicians want to be "happening".

Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2022, 07:56:51 AM

So we have to become poorer and colder so the americans can cut off russia and fight a proxy war with them in ukraine?

...and folk walking about waving ukraine flags and crying solidarity with ukraine? ::)

Well Tommy, no one ever said doing the right thing would make you richer or more comfortable.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

So we have to become poorer and colder so the americans can cut off russia and fight a proxy war with them in ukraine?

...and folk walking about waving ukraine flags and crying solidarity with ukraine? ::)

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on April 02, 2022, 08:21:38 PMYou will have nothing and you will be happy.
I see a lot of tories on here , and some non tories, trying and failing to put a brave face on the impending tory cost of living crises . Gonnae be interesting watching this all play out.

Dont think vlad and ukraine are going to help the tory government then , but what do i know.

QuoteIn the Cromwell household everything is black and white and no grey.
I know , i like cromwell , but remember he is of the generation that bleives everything the bbc tells him without fail , while being highly suspicious of whats being mentioned on the interwebby.

The bbc is the biggest fake news outlet on the planet , i think it was the likes of monbiot or pilger who said they are the most refined propaganda outlet in the world..

Putin once said everything he learned about propaganda he learned from the british , who are the world best at it. Mind i always say the bbc back in 2011 were saying al megrahi was on the run with gaddafi to damage the scot governemtn for releaseing him while cnn were broadcasting his mother sitting by his bed as he died on an oxygen mask?

anyway just saw this.......

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 08:16:03 PM
:D

i know and srb steve was only telling me on here a few weeks back this wasnt another american proxy war. Fack me if this isnt a proxy war , i dont understand the term.
In the Cromwell household everything is black and white and no grey. As for SRB well he always has his heart in the right place as he sees it. Funny thing is how when it suits, they are far right and when it doesn't, they left wing saviours. Fecked up world Thomas. You will have nothing and you will be happy. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!