What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 13, 2022, 09:24:07 PM
At last. The reason I put up the Russian flag was to highlight how pointless it is to put your location as the Ukraine, when you are in NW England. So I displayed the Russian flag to make that point. I don't support Putin which is clear from my posts. I'm now back in the UK. 🤣🤣
I do support honest reporting.
Not pointless at all it's called a gesture of support.

Nothing to do with location.

Were there forums when the tanks rolled in to Czechoslovakia I'd have displayed their flag then.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Someone with a better knowledge of the nuts and bolts of Armoured vehicles and done a good summary of the River Crossing story.
Its worth reading
https://rwasamizdat.substack.com/p/what-really-happened-at-the-seversky?s=r

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on May 13, 2022, 08:36:25 PM
Perhaps because you display the russian federation flag.

Things sometimes annoy people,I did by displaying the Ukraine flag. Rant :)
At last. The reason I put up the Russian flag was to highlight how pointless it is to put your location as the Ukraine, when you are in NW England. So I displayed the Russian flag to make that point. I don't support Putin which is clear from my posts. I'm now back in the UK. 🤣🤣
I do support honest reporting.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2022, 08:05:17 PM
Agreeing with post 357 was maybe a clue
I thanked reply 537, because it made a good point. Is that the one you meant?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 13, 2022, 04:20:57 PM
I don't know what I've got to do with it.
Perhaps because you display the russian federation flag.

Things sometimes annoy people,I did by displaying the Ukraine flag. Rant :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 13, 2022, 05:33:04 PM
Buts it not the world is it, its just the US dominated world, the world that produces all the media you listen too that sings with just the one voice.

The rest of the world is a much bigger place and the wholesale Western narrative has very little traction in most of it.
Nonsense , the UN suspended Russia from the human rights council over a month ago for war crimes. 

As for a US dominated world , things could be worse . 

Streetwalker

I don't know what I've got to do with it. 
Agreeing with post 357 was maybe a clue 

Sampanviking

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2022, 03:51:53 PM
So every TV news station , every newspaper in the world bar RT news and fecking twittsville  ,every National government is wrong and you and sam and it appears Barry are right ? 
And they were not wrong about the virus ,they never committed because they didnt and still dont know . It was 'likely' where as the war crimes in Ukraine are there for all to see backed up by the UN and Human rights organizations .
Buts it not the world is it, its just the US dominated world, the world that produces all the media you listen too that sings with just the one voice.

The rest of the world is a much bigger place and the wholesale Western narrative has very little traction in most of it.

Good old

I don't know what I've got to do with it. Every time I look at this thread header I think, well how does anyone know what is REALLY happening in the Ukraine conflict.
I don't believe a word anyone says any more. It's really sad that we can't trust our leaders, our press, or even videos and photos, all of which can be digitally altered.
One thing I can be sure of. Putin invaded without a good enough reason, and lied that he wasn't going to invade before he did.

Sampan was assuring us the troops were miles away from the border on legitimate exercises, remember?

The first casualty in war is truth . Repeated many times, if sometimes phrased differently. In this case Putin, endorsed the death of truth from before fully committing .
We are going to get lies and misrepresentations from both sides, but the nature of Russian aggression in Ukraine ,is all to easy to see and have an understanding of. 

T00ts

I don't know what I've got to do with it. Every time I look at this thread header I think, well how does anyone know what is REALLY happening in the Ukraine conflict.
I don't believe a word anyone says any more. It's really sad that we can't trust our leaders, our press, or even videos and photos, all of which can be digitally altered.
One thing I can be sure of. Putin invaded without a good enough reason, and lied that he wasn't going to invade before he did.

Sampan was assuring us the troops were miles away from the border on legitimate exercises, remember?
Certainly I do - and why would so many become refugees if they were so pro Russian?

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2022, 03:51:53 PM
So every TV news station , every newspaper in the world bar RT news and fecking twittsville  ,every National government is wrong and you and sam and it appears Barry are right ? 
And they were not wrong about the virus ,they never committed because they didnt and still dont know . It was 'likely' where as the war crimes in Ukraine are there for all to see backed up by the UN and Human rights organizations .
One thing I can be sure of. Putin invaded without a good enough reason, and lied that he wasn't going to invade before he did.

† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on May 13, 2022, 12:18:16 PM
And here you demonstrate your false logic: you agree that they all said the same thing about the virus (which was wrong), AND YET your reason to think they are right about Ukraine is precisely because..... wait for it...... they all say the same thing.  🤣  GENIUS!
So every TV news station , every newspaper in the world bar RT news and fecking twittsville  ,every National government is wrong and you and sam and it appears Barry are right ?  

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on May 13, 2022, 12:26:42 PM
Oh allow me to apologise, 🤣 I thought the topic was "What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict", and I mistakenly thought you were using the BBC to tell us What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict.  I shall immediately flog myself, and while I do, did you want to address the actors used by the BBC, pretending to be politically unbiased or ill?
Correct, the topic is the Ukraine, not COVID. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on May 13, 2022, 11:31:59 AM
Sorry Scott, you seemed to have misunderstood the topic matter, any links?

Oh allow me to apologise, 🤣 I thought the topic was "What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict", and I mistakenly thought you were using the BBC to tell us What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict.  I shall immediately flog myself, and while I do, did you want to address the actors used by the BBC, pretending to be politically unbiased or ill?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2022, 11:14:47 AM
OK but you picked the wrong subject . Every news outlet on the planet was in line that the Wuhan market was the origin of the outbreak at that time . As I said at least the BBC added 'likely ' to their report

Yes they have been caught out a few times in attempt to get their own left wing views over rather than reporting but what reason would they have to missrepresent what is happening in Ukraine ?
The events in Ukraine are being widely reported across the world  and to varying degrees all report the same thing ,that Russia is committing war crimes .

Ukraine: Apparent War Crimes in Russia-Controlled Areas | Human Rights Watch (hrw.org)
And here you demonstrate your false logic: you agree that they all said the same thing about the virus (which was wrong), AND YET your reason to think they are right about Ukraine is precisely because..... wait for it...... they all say the same thing.  🤣  GENIUS!
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.