What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I'm currently working with a bloke from St Petersburg and today I asked him if it was true about Putin not having long to live, he said I hope so !! He also said 80% of Russian people support Putin, the ones who had never travelled outside of Russia and experienced life outside the lie 🤥. 

That's good enough for me. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

In terms of actual events on the ground, we seem to be seeing the final collapse of the Ukrainian defensive line in the far East of the Donbass salient.
Yesterday the Russians made very significant progress in the South Eastern corner, advancing about a dozen kilometers and seizing several small towns and fortified hilltops. The Ukrainians just seemed to give up and and pull back.
This means that the Ukrainian garrison of about 3000 in the fortress town of Zolote are now fully encircled and Russian forces have had time to dig in on their new front line without any major counter attack and are now in strike distance of the Southern flank of Lichansk, where a massive garrison of about 20,000 Ukrainian troops are concentrated.
Zolote adds another active Cauldron to the several already established in the area and has the Lichansk garrison isolated by fire control along all the major supply roads from Slavanks.

Slavanks itself is also in the firing line and Russian forces are now advancing from the directions of Izyum and Lyman to surround it on three sides.

The Ukrainian response to all this and the failure of their counter offensives around Kharkov and Kherson seems to be daily indiscriminate shelling of Donetsk City and its nearby suburbs causing major damage and civilian causalities in areas well behind the contact line and where there is no military activity. DPR sources are claiming that Western supplied Artillery and Rockets are being used for the bombardment. There is a lot of video evidence put out to support these claims, but I have not actually watched any of them myself.

Sampanviking

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 20, 2022, 07:46:37 PM
It certainly would not if the yanks had stayed on its side of its borders.......

The Americans have invaded the Ukraine?
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on June 19, 2022, 09:38:34 AM
Thats what i dont understand. People in your country get angry when they interfere in a part of the uk , but stay silent when they interfere in places like ukraine. Its as if we have learned nothing after libya , afghanistan iraq and many other countires.

American leaves devastation in its wakes and everyone else picks up the pieces.

Blair gets awarded for iraq and being bushes bumboy , assange gets imprisoned for reporting on it.as ive said from day one.
I'm no football enthusiast but it's like football, see . . . If your side scores a goal it's a good thing, if your opponent scores a goal it's a bad thing. It's quite simple to understand really. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2022, 07:47:43 PM
This is good, Saudi has had a kick in the slats and will maybe open the taps up to the west.
ze germuns are re starting up the old coal fired power plants to preserve gas supplies...

Mr putin looks to be having the last laugh .All the eco warriors will be crying into their alpen .

edit# Just read 50 % of german used coal is imported from russia.:D

https://www.euronews.com/2022/03/25/germany-wants-to-stop-using-russian-coal-by-the-end-of-the-year
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 20, 2022, 03:37:28 PM

This is good, Saudi has had a kick in the slats and will maybe open the taps up to the west. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: patman post on June 20, 2022, 06:08:53 PM
Quite enlightening.

But would any of this be happening if Russia had stayed on its side of the border...?
It certainly would not if the yanks had stayed on its side of its borders.......

patman post

Quite enlightening. 

But would any of this be happening if Russia had stayed on its side of the border...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Thomas

europeans and north americans certainly arent laughing eh??

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 19, 2022, 08:48:21 AM
And maybe if they keep their beaks out of NI and GFA that'd help Boris too.

Thats what i dont understand. People in your country get angry when they interfere in a part of the uk , but stay silent when they interfere in places like ukraine. Its as if we have learned nothing after libya , afghanistan iraq and many other countires.

American leaves devastation in its wakes and everyone else picks up the pieces.

Blair gets awarded for iraq and being bushes bumboy , assange gets imprisoned for reporting on it.
Anyway there'll be no winners,not ordinary people anyway.
as ive said from day one.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 18, 2022, 11:35:21 AM
and the yanks should take their nose out and stop interfering as they have done these past ten years or more.

...but they arent , and neither are the russians ,so here we are.

Still , its another usefull distraction for boris and his woes.

let us know who wins borkie.
And maybe if they keep their beaks out of NI and GFA that'd help Boris too.

Anyway there'll be no winners,not ordinary people anyway.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 17, 2022, 09:59:10 AM
At the risk of repeating myself, no one is telling the truth. They are all foreigners and lie compulsively. The only truth is that the Russians should turn round and go back to Russia
and the yanks should take their nose out and stop interfering as they have done these past ten years or more.

...but they arent , and neither are the russians ,so here we are.

Still , its another usefull distraction for boris and his woes.

let us know who wins borkie.

Borchester

Quote from: Scott777 on June 16, 2022, 10:25:38 PM
What are you suggesting?  Is he the only one telling the truth?  Why focus on him?

At the risk of repeating myself, no one is telling the truth. They are all foreigners and lie compulsively. The only truth is that the Russians should turn round and go back to Russia
Algerie Francais !