What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sean

Quote from: Good old on July 02, 2022, 05:47:21 PM
Well as it's perfectly clear the Ukrainians had relied on  Russian , and home produced gear until quiet recently, your claim could not be valid for 2014, in anything other than a minor way.

According to this article , the septics have been supplying Ukraine with ever increasing amounts of lethal arms since 2015.
On December 22, 2017, the Trump administration approved supplying Javelin anti-tank missiles to Ukraine, capping a nearly three-year debate in Washington over whether the United States should provide lethal defensive weapons to counter further Russian aggression in Europe. A few days prior the US Department of State announced that senior officials had authorized a sizeable export of US-made snipers, ammunition, and accessories. The shift in US policy under the Trump administration has been misunderstood. The US government is directly supplying lethal defense hardware to the Ukrainian military for the first time, although US-made lethal weapons have been in Ukraine since 2015.
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/lethal-weapons-to-ukraine-a-primer/

Sampanviking

It seems pretty official now, Lysychansk is now in Russian/LNR hands.
It also means that the whole of the Lughansk Republic is now liberated from the Kiev Regime.
Some locals have started coming out of their shelters and they seem happy enough
https://twitter.com/coope125/status/1543268095875227649
https://twitter.com/Levi_godman/status/1543273731430051841
https://twitter.com/cpimentel986/status/1543276019083317248

The battle now moves into Donetsk
Lets see if the Ukrainian military still has anything left/

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on July 02, 2022, 04:11:10 PM
Use the proper place for conspiracy theories, John.  That's what it's there for.

Well fair enough I suppose. It was after all Breshnev's men who came asking various people all the way down to.my boss for details of how ricin worked.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Scott777 on July 02, 2022, 04:17:09 PM
By 'backing', I assume you mean training and arming them, since 2014.  That's why people are dying.  I suppose you want more of that.

Well as it's perfectly clear the Ukrainians had relied on  Russian , and home produced gear until quiet recently, your claim could not be valid for 2014, in anything other than a minor way.
But regardless, people are dying because Russia, wants to expand its border, and it's domination of a neighbour, and I can see quiet clearly you support more of that. This fight is not in Russia, it's in Ukraine, Ukraine has an international right to defend its territory, I support that. Any situation that was the case in Ukraine, in 2014 has been made far worse by Russian aggression.yet you appear to support that. It's in the vast majority of cases Ukrainian civilians being killed ,you appear to support that.

Sampanviking

Unconfirmed, but all the usually reliable channels are announcing that Lysychank has been fully captured by the Russians and that they are now pressing on Siversk from multiple axis, following several new nearby river crossings.
I am sure more info will be available soon.......

Scott777

Quote from: Good old on July 02, 2022, 11:50:27 AM
The west will not stop backing Ukraine,

By 'backing', I assume you mean training and arming them, since 2014.  That's why people are dying.  I suppose you want more of that.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 02, 2022, 12:39:24 PM
I want him slaughtered for sending his chimps to poison dissidents in the UK 

Use the proper place for conspiracy theories, John.  That's what it's there for.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on July 02, 2022, 01:14:46 AM
I would prefer NATO apologists to shut the f**k up, admit they should not have started their warmongering on the Russian border, and we could stop wasting so much f**king money.
I want him slaughtered for sending his chimps to poison dissidents in the UK  I don't actually give a F@@@ about the Ukraine, although like that great moral warmonger Charles Dassault I'd happily hand them the chemicals and biologicals to do a proper job.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 02, 2022, 09:54:03 AM
Latest maps show that the Russians have now broken Ukrainian lines from the North and taken half the city.
It really looks as if it will be over very very soon.....

Plus, just to show that things are never black and white, a large pro Russian and pro Belorussian demonstration in Poland yesterday.
https://twitter.com/LucyGatsby/status/1542953991067340802
It will never be over soon. This is everyone's problem , Russia included. Considering Russia, was in effect already holding a big percentage of the Donbas , before the full scale invasion, the fact that they make some progress in that region has to be no surprise. In comparison to the whole Ukraine, this is localised progression, well above the cost and below the  pace in the expectation of almost everyone. What it is costing Russia, in  butchers bill, materially and financially is not to be dismissed. Even if Putin, thinks it can be.
All Putin, has done is bring and end to countless innocent lives and put Europe, on alert for a war footing, if it isn't already. The west will not stop backing Ukraine, in defending itself as Ukraine has every right to do,  it can't .
So cheer every inch of Ukraine ,stolen . But it will not be over soon.

srb7677

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 02, 2022, 09:54:03 AM
Latest maps show that the Russians have now broken Ukrainian lines from the North and taken half the city.

Plus, just to show that things are never black and white, a large pro Russian and pro Belorussian demonstration in Poland yesterday.
The latest bulletin from our correspondent Sampanviking.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 01, 2022, 11:30:01 AM
I think you miss the point. I no longer give a shit what Russia's apologists tell you to say

I want Putin exterminated so his replacement can stand up and say it was all a f**king mistake

I would prefer NATO apologists to shut the f**k up, admit they should not have started their warmongering on the Russian border, and we could stop wasting so much f**king money.

Sampanviking

Back in the real world, Lysyschank is now physically encircled and the estimated garrison of up to 8000 Ukrainian troops are now trapped with no hope of escape.
Given that the next defensive line from Seversk to Bakhmut was supposed to depend on this garrison pulling back to defend it, it raises the question as to whether there will be any effective Ukrainian resistance before the Slavansk urban conglomeration?

There is a real noticeable increase in the tempo at which these successive cauldrons are being resolved. Mariupol took months, Severdonetsk took weeks while Lysyschank looks likely to be over in days with Siversk/Bakhmut barely happening at all.

There also seems to be a shift in Western Media coverage, with reports coming clean about the fact the Ukrainian forces are being losing and losing badly.
I was also utterly stunned to see this segment from Sky News that finally acknowledged that there is widespread support for the Russians in Ukrainian occupied Donbass
https://twitter.com/HensonJames11/status/1542577819175321603

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 01, 2022, 11:30:01 AM
I think you miss the point. I no longer give a shit what Russia's apologists tell you to say

I want Putin exterminated so his replacement can stand up and say it was all a f**king mistake

And I want Poland to have proper defences of the sort I helped put in west germany becuase it is clear we need to turn byelarus and western russia to radioactive slag the way we would have turned west germanty to slag if honiker had pulled this stunt with his tanks in east germany before the wall came down.

That's it. it's not negotiable any more.
Yeah whatever John - better get used to that bitter bile filled taste in your mouth. Its probably going to be permanent.
Personally I look forward to the US and its NATO poodles loosing this and its next proxy war and collapsing under the weight of its own whining woke ridden hubris.
Who knows what might come out of the wreckage, maybe even that truly free and Independent Britain that you and so many others here claim you want......

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 01, 2022, 10:01:16 AM
Just for you John (and while I wait to find out what is really happening on the ground) Meme/Cartoon for the day :D

And I want Poland to have proper defences of the sort I helped put in west germany becuase it is clear we need to turn byelarus and western russia to radioactive slag the way we would have turned west germanty to slag if honiker had pulled this stunt with his tanks in east germany before the wall came down.

That's it. it's not negotiable any more.