Sunshine and beggars

Started by Borchester, March 21, 2022, 02:19:21 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on March 21, 2022, 02:19:21 PM
They both seem to arrive at the same time, wearing on their smiling faces the promise of Spring.

Not, to be honest, that the local beggars are overly good on the smiling front, although that is understandable after two years of this flu lark.A lot of folk have stopped carrying cash and pathetic as the traditional broken heap of rags might appear, most of us like to see them with a polystyrene cup in front of them, not a card reader.

Still, as it says in Matthew 26:11, what the idle buggers need is a good kick up the arse and then be made to find a job. But they never do.

I actually had to look that up.

It's been decades since I stood in a pulpit and strummed a guitar but I was pretty sure I never read "blessed are the vagrants thou hast booted up the jacksie and thus encouraged to get a damn job" but I feel strangely drawn to the Cornish point of view that there must surely be a Tory party version of the holy writ that declares just that ....

You are correct though

Spring has sprung, the sun is out and all along the high street the call 'got any change, boss" can be heard .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

They both seem to arrive at the same time, wearing on their smiling faces the promise of Spring.

Not, to be honest, that the local beggars are overly good on the smiling front, although that is understandable after two years of this flu lark.A lot of folk have stopped carrying cash and pathetic as the traditional broken heap of rags might appear, most of us like to see them with a polystyrene cup in front of them, not a card reader.

Still, as it says in Matthew 26:11, what the idle buggers need is a good kick up the arse and then be made to find a job. But they never do.
Algerie Francais !