how about an amnesty?

Started by Borchester, March 25, 2022, 12:34:31 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on March 29, 2022, 09:44:36 PMWhat have you been up to Ollie?
It is a long list, your care in community lark is getting boring, while he was only for your amusement anyway, it was over for him when he tried to convince us the Tories were going to incinerate everyone who was seen as a threat to their agendas at some spot in the midlands, while in the real world they are much more subtle than that. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on March 29, 2022, 06:48:01 PM
Smurf has had more amnesties than I care to count.
He chose not to conform and continually plagued the MODS with petty complaints about members.
Totally agree. I think it was deppity dawg who once said to him who let you on here without your carer?

A mental 70 year old , who contually trolled threads , incessantly reported posts and threatened legal action to numerous posters who told him the truth.

In 12 years or so of posting on this forum and its predesscessors , i think he is the only poster who was beyond debate.

As you say , i have lost count of his bans , and it wasnt borkie dealing with his incessant shite day in day out.  I think borkie needs to get himself a pet rat to toy with instead of playing with smurf on here day in and day out.

If you need smurf to make up the numbers on  a political forum you know something is wrong with your forum.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on March 29, 2022, 09:44:36 PM
Pappy was always threatening legal action, sad sod that he is and was.

No one need fear the law unless..............

What have you been up to Ollie?
Being in possession of an offensive face and annoying moderating.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on March 29, 2022, 06:48:01 PM
He chose not to conform and continually plagued the MODS with petty complaints about members.

Pappy was always threatening legal action, sad sod that he is and was.

No one need fear the law unless..............

What have you been up to Ollie?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on March 29, 2022, 08:13:45 PM
There you are. The only intelligent response to any insult in cyber space is eat shit c*nt. There is no need to get offended.

So it looks as though Boysie and I am in favour of inviting the Cornish Craphead back.

Anyone else?
That's because neither of you are in possession of all the facts.

All I'll say is legal action was threatened against individual/s and efforts made to have them barred from internet usage,whether any of that was realistic is irrelevant you can't attempt to threaten to shut people up permanently by those means.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on March 28, 2022, 11:20:20 AM
 Insults are permitted within reason and anyone who is soft should get a backbone. Does anyone on here really get offended when they are insulted by strangers on the Internet?

There you are. The only intelligent response to any insult in cyber space is eat shit C@@@. There is no need to get offended.

So it looks as though Boysie and I am in favour of inviting the Cornish Craphead back.

Anyone else?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

You either have rules or you don't. I am of the opinion Pappy was the only other guy on here expect me of course who knew who the Tories were so naturally I want him back. But the Mods gave him a lifetime ban. If we are going to reverse that after one month then what's the f**king point. If we have an amnesty can we also have a rule change. Insults are permitted within reason and anyone who is soft should get a backbone. Does anyone on here really get offended when they are insulted by strangers on the Internet?
He chose not to conform and continually plagued the MODS with petty complaints about members.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on March 28, 2022, 06:29:41 PM
The trouble is we all have own own levels of offended-ness and that's where the problem lies. What you would take with a pinch of salt might be extremely offensive to others.

We've tried having a sewer rule free area several times but it never works. People get drawn into it, or make a remark then get pasted and can't take it.

The only way to truly see the difference is by being a mod and seeing the reported posts, and believe me that's a thankless task.
I don't need to see the difference. I have read insults on here. They are basically preschool and anyone who gets offended are soft. I don't know what Pappy said in personal messages and I am led to believe he over stepped the mark. But on posts in general, any insult Pappy did he had back two-fold. It really was Pappy vs the rest. I suspect everyone loved Pappy on here really given it is only opposing views which makes debate possible. He certainly balance the forum out. But we have rules and he had a life time ban. If we are going to have an amnesty then we need to correct those rules otherwise pappy will be banned again next week. What can I say. He is a passionate guy.

Bright Young Thing

You either have rules or you don't. I am of the opinion Pappy was the only other guy on here expect me of course who knew who the Tories were so naturally I want him back. But the Mods gave him a lifetime ban. If we are going to reverse that after one month then what's the f**king point. If we have an amnesty can we also have a rule change. Insults are permitted within reason and anyone who is soft should get a backbone. Does anyone on here really get offended when they are insulted by strangers on the Internet?
The trouble is we all have own own levels of offended-ness and that's where the problem lies. What you would take with a pinch of salt might be extremely offensive to others.

We've tried having a sewer rule free area several times but it never works. People get drawn into it, or make a remark then get pasted and can't take it.

The only way to truly see the difference is by being a mod and seeing the reported posts, and believe me that's a thankless task.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

B0ycey

You either have rules or you don't. I am of the opinion Pappy was the only other guy on here expect me of course who knew who the Tories were so naturally I want him back. But the Mods gave him a lifetime ban. If we are going to reverse that after one month then what's the fucking point. If we have an amnesty can we also have a rule change. Insults are permitted within reason and anyone who is soft should get a backbone. Does anyone on here really get offended when they are insulted by strangers on the Internet?

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on March 25, 2022, 12:34:31 PM
All the baddies have been banned . . .
Have they ALL been banned? 

I can still log in even if I'm the wrong political flavour. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on March 26, 2022, 11:24:09 AM
It is not as though anyone else is posting. At least if we had Pappasmurf we could tell him to f**k off.
Oh, your idea has lots of support Borchester. But not from other members of this forum. Oh well.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

It is not as though anyone else is posting. At least if we had Pappasmurf we could tell him to F@@@ off.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

All the baddies have been banned and those that remain would not say shit if it was served up for breakfast.

We radiate goodness and light and no one is posting because we are bored arseless.

So have an amnesty and bring back some of the gits that kept this board alive.
Algerie Francais !