Time to say goodbye

Started by Bright Young Thing, March 28, 2022, 05:55:34 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on March 28, 2022, 05:55:34 PM
Hi all,

I've decided to resign as Moderator - life has been a bit mad lately and I know in my heart I'm not devoting the time I ought to be to it.

The forum has changed in so many ways over the years, and I've genuinely loved every minute of being a part of it, but it's time to hang up my hat and move on.

For all of you that have been there along the way - I will miss you more than you know.

This is BYT - signing off.
Just to say all the best to you and yours. We havent interacted much on here over the years, and when we have sometimes its not been amicable , but genuinely wish you all the best for the future.

I remember when you went for the moderators role , along with forum member lois lane , and when she didnt get it , went off in the huff. :D I think there was a collective sigh  of relief at the time .

I agree , despite barry and nicks best efforts , the forum has changed from what it once was. Thats nothing detrimental to their fantastic efforts , just i think a sign of the changing times online as these types of forums became almost obselete and contributors moved to other platforms like facebook twitter and others.

I think we are all in the same boat , most of us are getting busier as we get older , and of course i like many post on many different forums and social media platforms , so dont always have the time on here , but have tried to stay loyal to this as well.

Anyway , all the best to you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 28, 2022, 09:49:14 PM
BYT has been a part of the fourm(s) since long before I joined it. Its not had a better or fairer Mod in all that time. No contest.

And at a time when the forum reached its lowest point and almost died, it was BYT who saved it. The posters who were there at the time will remember

With absolute honesty, you'll be genuinely missed, gorgeous. And I wouldn't be DD if I didn't ask this.

Who the f*ck will we get do the hoovering now :D

Be good doll !!

Like what he said BYT.

Many thanks
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on March 28, 2022, 10:51:33 PM
So long BYT. I am sorry that you can't stick around to keep cromwell in line. I can't claim to know you very well at all but the above posts show very clearly how much you are valued and will be missed. Take care and drop by now and then when you can.
I don't know if us common scum are allowed in here  but I'm going to try, to say thanks properly.

Well, let's see (hits post)

Ah good. It worked.

You'll have to leave the shed. It's fixtures and fittings.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

So long BYT. I am sorry that you can't stick around to keep cromwell in line. I can't claim to know you very well at all but the above posts show very clearly how much you are valued and will be missed. Take care and drop by now and then when you can.

DeppityDawg

BYT has been a part of the fourm(s) since long before I joined it. Its not had a better or fairer Mod in all that time. No contest.

And at a time when the forum reached its lowest point and almost died, it was BYT who saved it. The posters who were there at the time will remember

With absolute honesty, you'll be genuinely missed, gorgeous. And I wouldn't be DD if I didn't ask this.

Who the f*ck will we get do the hoovering now :D

Be good doll !!

Barry

Hi, BYT.
It's been a pleasure working with you on the various manifestations of the politics forums and I always valued your decisions and wisdom.
Whatever you do in the future, I wish you and your family all the very best.
Barry x
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on March 28, 2022, 05:55:34 PM
Hi all,

I've decided to resign as Moderator - life has been a bit mad lately and I know in my heart I'm not devoting the time I ought to be to it.

The forum has changed in so many ways over the years, and I've genuinely loved every minute of being a part of it, but it's time to hang up my hat and move on.

For all of you that have been there along the way - I will miss you more than you know.

For me a very sad day,but someone I've been more than happy to have known.

Always the consumate mod,better than I'll ever be.....always fair and for those that remember most Streetwalker,DD and myself did the right thing when faced with a choice and for that I'll never forget.

And all the others that knew her I guess will thank her for her time and patience when we were playing silly buggers.

Cheers BYT one of the best.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Bright Young Thing

Hi all, 

<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>