Loyal to the flag.

Started by T00ts, March 29, 2022, 10:34:20 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

The flag that stands for nothing when it comes to its own nation. yet it is waved around when it comes to the rest of the world when it suits. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

There would be fighting on the beaches 

For the scramble to get in a dingy back to France 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on March 29, 2022, 10:34:20 AM
I have been impressed by little in the Russian v Ukraine battle, except in the conscription of all the Ukrainian men and their bravery in answering the call. It has made me wonder what it would be like if Russia or any other nation (even little Macron) suddenly turned their missiles and guns on us, and just what we would do.

Would we turn to the national flag, settle the differences on independence squabbles and unite in the face of a common enemy? Would the cry go up 'you nation needs you' with a universal response to protect our shores or are we now too soft and spineless after so long free from war here?
Can't fault the Ukrainians they have proved to be stronger stuff than was originally thought.

Could the same be said of here? I've no doubt some would rise to the occasion but like Ukrainians I doubt it,but would love to be proved wrong.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I have been impressed by little in the Russian v Ukraine battle, except in the conscription of all the Ukrainian men and their bravery in answering the call. It has made me wonder what it would be like if Russia or any other nation (even little Macron) suddenly turned their missiles and guns on us, and just what we would do.

Would we turn to the national flag, settle the differences on independence squabbles and unite in the face of a common enemy? Would the cry go up 'your nation needs you' with a universal response to protect our shores or are we now too soft and spineless after so long free from war here?