Devolved governments opt out of queens jubilee book

Started by Thomas, March 31, 2022, 07:32:33 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on April 03, 2022, 10:29:03 AM
To be fair, the U.K. pension is low because the contributions are low. You can only get out what you put in.

Not that it started out as great idea, but was soon used as way of scamming the public, of course no evidence of any of it, only decades of it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 06:45:55 PM
ahem , as opposed to the biggest fall in living standards under tory run uk utopia , with the worst state pension in the entire civilised world.
To be fair, the U.K. pension is low because the contributions are low. You can only get out what you put in. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on April 03, 2022, 08:05:40 AM
See you ain't listening again,I never said it was more likely did I,what I said was they failed to recognise the decline had started and possible remedies for what remained.

Just like most in the US don't recognise theirs.
I am listening. You arent accepting my replies.

You talked initially that pre world war one a federation should have been looked at , and im expalinng why that was even less likely to have been looked at then never mind now.

What decline should they have recognised?

You talk as though the uk had a high point of unity and then subsequently declined. Not only is this yet more fantasy , but you ignore historical fact.

The "decline" of the yookay didnt happen with ireland leaving in 1920. Within a few years of the initial 1707 union , scottish parliamentarians were putting the first home rule bill through parliament. From 1707 to 1820 , there was armed uprisings and insurrection in scotland against the union. Throughout the entire 300 year old history there has been political movements to end the union in scotland.

Ireland was at non stop war and rebellion after rebellion against london rule from the 12th century days of the normans right up till they left in 1920. We had the thrity year troubles in the 6 counties  , and still things rumble on there today.

Which decline are you talking about , because as far as i can see , there has never been a period in uk history these last three hundred years of a high point of love and unity to decline from.

The rot has been there from day one . There never was a ready made remedy , wether federation or otherwise , simply because the anglo elite couldnt compute anything other than thier centralised authority and rule .

The uk wasnt the coming together of different nations and people in some friendly get together , before it all went pear shaped. From day one , it was the conquest and imperial ambitions of the english elite and their determination to subdue the other nations of these islands.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2022, 08:02:06 AM
Cromwell , it was less likely , not more likely that britian , at the height of its powers and london controlling a vast empire , that the british political elite would have federated these islands 100 years ago.

Think about what you are hinting. Ireland was on the verge of leaving the uk and fighting a war a century ago. That didnt force london to federate  , so telling me here and now a century later "there was a chance" london would have federated the uk  isnt reality.
See you ain't listening again,I never said it was more likely did I,what I said was they failed to recognise the decline had started and possible remedies for what remained.

Just like most in the US don't recognise theirs.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on April 03, 2022, 07:56:17 AM
I'm not lamenting anything,just pointing out a few historical facts.....you know like you/we all do.

I mean it's not history.....quite yet but the US is in decline and China rising,how long they stay top and who replaces them is debatable.

Youneverknow Thomas you might swap one failed empire for another in Brussels.  :D
Cromwell , it was less likely , not more likely that britian , at the height of its powers and london controlling a vast empire , that the british political elite would have federated these islands 100 years ago.

Think about what you are hinting. Ireland was on the verge of leaving the uk and fighting a war a century ago. That didnt force london to federate  , so telling me here and now a century later "there was a chance" london would have federated the uk  isnt reality.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2022, 06:54:30 AM
What a cop out cromwell. If adolf hitler hadnt gassed six million jews and set off a world war he might have been remembered as a fine german chancellor. ....but he did.

England didnt set up a federation a century ago did they? They didnt set up a federation yesterday , and they are going to set one up today.

Fact cromwell , not navel gazing fantasy. Bleating about coulda woulda shoulda yesterday and englands behaviour over the course of this accursed"union" to the celtic fringe isnt going to change history or alleviate the problems the union has today.

Which is why ireland has mostly left , and a large part of the popualtions in scotland and northern ireland want out today.

To my knowledge , you have been a member of a federation of nations once in your entire history.........the EEC/EU , and spent the entirety of the 40 years period whinging non stop about johhny foreigner in brussells sharing power with you until you finally voted out.

I dont think lamenting about what coulda but didnt happen a century ago changes anything.
I'm not lamenting anything,just pointing out a few historical facts.....you know like you/we all do.

I mean it's not history.....quite yet but the US is in decline and China rising,how long they stay top and who replaces them is debatable.

You never know Thomas you might swap one failed empire for another in Brussels.  :D

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on April 02, 2022, 10:22:40 PM
Fair enough Tommy, we are agreed that right now the Unionists look to be in the lead. In fact, were the 10% rule applied the gap would be 9% in the Unionists favour, which is why little Nick is loathe to lead the SNP into glorious defeat at the hustings.
What ten per cent rule is that then borkie? The one you always talk about in england regarding the tory vote? How does that apply in scotland when the tories havent won an election i scotland since the 1950`s , and the tory vote predictions , normally somewhere between the sum of nothing and 20 % under wee pro eu ruthie and dougie , is spot on?

All we have to go on is the last indy ref , where it was the independence vote that was underestiamted , we could call it the twenty per cent rule , and the unionist vote over estimated.

As i said , i think its great you british keep slagging krankie off for not having the guts to hold a ref. Keep the pressure on her and we will dothe same.

QuoteBut then Ross does not have to be much use, because I suspect that the SNP is slowly shedding support without any outside help.
...but borkie , you dont have to "suspect". Im keeping you up to date mate with events , and i have already told you many times that the snp are shedding support. Most of their folk are moving across to alec salmonds alba.

I know you keep dreaming of the day the jocks will get back in thier boxes and go back to voting for your beloved british parties , but thats fantasy . The union support is in the hands of the elderly , and the middle aged and young scots are supporting independence , and massiveley supporting the european union.

Thats why every tory branch manager in scotland is pro EU , they can judge the lay of the land for themselves.

The little england union , and the tory cost of living crises , with brexit shambles , or the european union? Choices choices.:D

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on April 02, 2022, 10:05:51 PM
So we are agreed Tommy, Scotland has never won the 6 Nations
Im flattered borkie , little england judging its sporting prowess against the mighty scotland once again. :D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2022, 09:44:04 PM
You mean my post where I was talking about a federation being set up a century ago and you said no it was a non starter because of peoples attitudes now,a century later after it hadn't happened but if it had their attitudes would reflect that wouldn't they?

Heres a smiley 🖕 :P
What a cop out cromwell. If adolf hitler hadnt gassed six million jews and set off a world war he might have been remembered as a fine german chancellor. ....but he did.

England didnt set up a federation a century ago did they? They didnt set up a federation yesterday , and they are going to set one up today.

Fact cromwell , not navel gazing fantasy. Bleating about coulda woulda shoulda yesterday and englands behaviour over the course of this accursed"union" to the celtic fringe isnt going to change history or alleviate the problems the union has today.

Which is why ireland has mostly left , and a large part of the popualtions in scotland and northern ireland want out today.

To my knowledge , you have been a member of a federation of nations once in your entire history.........the EEC/EU , and spent the entirety of the 40 years period whinging non stop about johhny foreigner in brussells sharing power with you until you finally voted out.

I dont think lamenting about what coulda but didnt happen a century ago changes anything.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 08:32:21 PM
Heres the last poll i saw borkie , savanta comres poll.

Should Scotland be an independent country? (Scotsman / Savanta ComRes, 10th-16th March 2022)
Yes 48% (-1)
No 52% (+1)

Still squeaky bum time for the union , bearing in mind ther hasnt been any significant campaigning , and alec salmond last time managed to take independence support twenty points higher than where it started .

Its been sitting around ( on average) 50 / 50 for a while now , but the unionist vote is clearly in long term decline. Bit like the tory vote in scotland.

Have you ever seen a tory party conference in jockland? Facking embarressing , couple of 80 year olds snoozing on the front chairs , empty hall and some muppet ranting .

Good old boris , can't fault him though. He is doing his bit.

Fair enough Tommy, we are agreed that right now the Unionists look to be in the lead. In fact, were the 10% rule applied the gap would be 9% in the Unionists favour, which is why little Nick is loathe to lead the SNP into glorious defeat at the hustings.

I have attended Tory party meetings north of the border. I am glad that so many members were asleep. Frankly I thought that most of them were dead. Dougie Ross is not merely a treacherous remainer shit, he is also astonishingly bad at it, which is why he is currently groveling to Boris after his failed attempt to stab fatty in the back. But then Ross does not have to be much use, because I suspect that the SNP is slowly shedding support without any outside help.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 08:26:10 PM
Well the carrot dangling is being noted more and more borkie , just like labour used to dangle the carrot of home rule , and it only goes on so long. Your problem is hoping a british party takes up the slack , mine is replacing the snp with another indy party.

If only you could stop us jocks voting eh? Didint you try that in northern ireland , went well there didnt it?:D See borkie i read a lot of this wishfull english thinking on forums like these. Its normally why  , when i point out the facts and provide evidence  ,english john threatens to mow me down on his mobility scooter for talking sense and telling truth. :D

Theres even more pro europeans , than you blinkered unionists and us scot nats who are extremely pissed off with johnsons cost of living crises and the debacle of brexit.

Scotland might no have won the six nations , but mind when they said the mighty england was going to hump us at murrayfield , and then reality dawned on english john from that fantasy bubble he inhabits.

Scotland 20-17 England

Date: Saturday 5th February 2022
Venue: BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand)
Attendance: 67,144

i always say borkie , while the truly great sporting nations , the germans , french spanish or south american , judegtheir sporting prowess by how many winners medal and trophies they have , the englishman judges his against the mighty scotland.

Im flattered you think so highly of us  , bearing in mind in rugby , its normally a game for posh edinburgh schoolboys or the southern scottish tottie pickers , and isnt really that popular compared to real mans sport , fitba.

There you go .

So we are agreed Tommy, Scotland has never won the 6 Nations
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 08:51:19 PM
i know you did , but i was dealing with your  post relating to federalism. I guess you dont want to talk about it now the facts have been put on the table.

( i better add a smiley :D so you dont get paranoid and think im angry or something.....just saying ;D )
You mean my post where I was talking about a federation being set up a century ago and you said no it was a non starter because of peoples attitudes now,a century later after it hadn't happened but if it had their attitudes would reflect that wouldn't they?

Heres a smiley 🖕 :P

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2022, 08:45:33 PM
Don't you ever read a post properly?

I said you were going for certain.
i know you did , but i was dealing with your  post relating to federalism. I guess you dont want to talk about it now the facts have been put on the table.

( i better add a smiley :D so you dont get paranoid and think im angry or something.....just saying ;D )

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 07:50:55 PM
It woudnt. From many reasons i have mentioned , and more.

You only need to look on this thread to see what im talking about. Toots and streetwalker sum up the english attitude towards federalism , which is..... it doesnt compute.

Neither can quite grasp the arrognace or question the validitiy of an english tory government neither scotland or wales elected sending an anglo centric book to scottish and welsh schoolchildren , overstepping the marks of decency and the boundaries of the flawed "devolution " we have at present.

....and you talk of full blown federalism?

When has england ever embraced federalism in its entirety of its history? Its been ran largely from a centralised monarchial figure , till parliament took the monarchs power , then that parliament ran on similar overtly centralised lines.

Any of its colonies that resisted that overt centralisation were crushed under arms .

Lamenting what could have or should have been done centuries past wont save your union now.
Don't you ever read a post properly?

I said you were going for certain.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on April 02, 2022, 08:16:26 PM

I suspect that Wee Krankie has been testing the water and discovered that there are a lot more Tommy's blinkered Unionists than she realised
Heres the last poll i saw borkie , savanta comres poll.

Should Scotland be an independent country? (Scotsman / Savanta ComRes, 10th-16th March 2022)
Yes 48% (-1)
No 52% (+1)

Still squeaky bum time for the union , bearing in mind ther hasnt been any significant campaigning , and alec salmond last time managed to take independence support twenty points higher than where it started .

Its been sitting around ( on average) 50 / 50 for a while now , but the unionist vote is clearly in long term decline. Bit like the tory vote in scotland.

Have you ever seen a tory party conference in jockland? Facking embarressing , couple of 80 year olds snoozing on the front chairs , empty hall and some muppet ranting .

Good old boris , can't fault him though. He is doing his bit.