Devolved governments opt out of queens jubilee book

Started by Thomas, March 31, 2022, 07:32:33 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 03:52:54 PM
completely disagree with both you and toots.

If this was a book celebrating multi culturism or say islam , both of you would be complaining of government indoctrination. Your government can do as they please in your country , but education is under the control of edinburgh and cardiff , not london , and your government shouldnt be sending books about anything to scottish irish or welsh children.

If scotland wants to promote the queen of scots reign , then the scottish government should do that , not yours. can't speak for drakeford , but whatever sturgeons faults , she has called this correct i think.
For whose benefit? I repeat it's rather mean minded. She is their Queen too.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2022, 09:56:52 AM
Maybe we should wait and see how the book comes across to the general public and whats actually in it  before we take Drakefords and Crankies view on it .
This is nothing more than government censorship  and as Toots says a bit mean stopping kids getting a book that Im guessing  promotes their Monarch and tells of her riegn .
completely disagree with both you and toots.

If this was a book celebrating multi culturism or say islam , both of you would be complaining of government indoctrination. Your government can do as they please in your country , but education is under the control of edinburgh and cardiff , not london , and your government shouldnt be sending books about anything to scottish irish or welsh children.

If scotland wants to promote the queen of scots reign , then the scottish government should do that , not yours. Cant speak for drakeford , but whatever sturgeons faults , she has called this correct i think.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on April 01, 2022, 08:05:15 AM
Whatever krankie hersell thinks of the jubilee book , i can tell you they would have ended up on a bonfire somewhere if they had been distributed.

Maybe we should wait and see how the book comes across to the general public and whats actually in it  before we take Drakefords and Crankies view on it . 
This is nothing more than government censorship  and as Toots says a bit mean stopping kids getting a book that Im guessing  promotes their Monarch and tells of her riegn . 

T00ts

All children love kings and queens etc and this is a part of the history of this island so why shouldn't all the kids have their book? It's very mean minded in my view.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 31, 2022, 04:46:53 PM
Well, that article of yours said wee Jimmie krankies clone only took a dislike to it as part of a wierd inversion of the game of follow my leader she and Dickford have been playing over COVID where she does something and 14 days later he follows suit...
This time she followed his lead.

You need to bear in mind that the shite who are propping him up were trying to grovel to Gerry's pals for propane cylinders back in 69 ...... To acknowledge Charlie is anathema to them and they've got Dickford by the dishonourable member....
Whatever krankie hersell thinks of the jubilee book , i can tell you they would have ended up on a bonfire somewhere if they had been distributed.

I know what you are saying though , regarding drakeford and sturgeon following each other , at times especially with covid these last two years it has appeared that way.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on March 31, 2022, 08:06:04 AM
possibly john , but the book isnt going down well in scotland either.

I bet there isnt going to be many if any street parties and bunting across scotland.

Of course , brit nat fest celebrating the queen , union jackery and propaganda booklets work well in uk cohesion dont they? I mean  look at northern ireland.

Still its the tories isnt it? clueless as ever when it comes to the jock , paddy and taff untermenschen.

Well, that article of yours said wee Jimmie krankies clone only took a dislike to it as part of a wierd inversion of the game of follow my leader she and Dickford have been playing over COVID where she does something and 14 days later he follows suit...
This time she followed his lead.

You need to bear in mind that the shite who are propping him up were trying to grovel to Gerry's pals for propane cylinders back in 69 ...... To acknowledge Charlie is anathema to them and they've got Dickford by the dishonourable member....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 31, 2022, 08:00:58 AM
The problem is the Welsh wankers are f**king republican Marxist scum. Who the hell expected them to toe the line.
Most of the sheep shaggers cant read anyway so it would be a waste of paper giving them books 

Thomas

England brexit , cost of living crises and energy crises in tory run yookay , along with the most hated tory prime minisnter in scotland in political history , and what does bojo do?

Send a jubilee book to scottish weans. :D

You coudnt make this stuff up.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 31, 2022, 08:00:58 AM
The problem is the Welsh wankers are f**king republican Marxist scum. Who the hell expected them to toe the line.
possibly john , but the book isnt going down well in scotland either.

I bet there isnt going to be many if any street parties and bunting across scotland.

Of course , brit nat fest celebrating the queen , union jackery and propaganda booklets work well in uk cohesion dont they? I mean  look at northern ireland.

Still its the tories isnt it? clueless as ever when it comes to the jock , paddy and taff untermenschen.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on March 31, 2022, 07:32:33 AM
UK ministers 'furious' as devolved nations let schools opt out of jubilee book scheme

MINISTERS in London are reportedly fuming at the devolved governments' refusal to distribute a book on the Queen's legacy to schoolchildren.

The UK Government had planned for the book, part of a year-long programme of events to mark Elizabeth's 70-year reign, to be sent to every child in Scotland and Wales.
There were to be 387,000 copies of the book produced in English for 1897 primary schools in Scotland, along with 7200 books in Gaelic for 108 schools.
For Wales, London-based DK Books were contracted to produce 211,000 bilingual copies of the book to be distributed to children at around 3000 schools.

However, a source in the Labour-led Welsh government told WalesOnline that, after seeing the book, it was thought to be too Anglocentric and out of touch with the reality of devolution.

Mark Drakeford's Cardiff administration said that schools in Wales could opt in to receive the book if they wished, but that it would not be sent out to every child automatically.
Reacting to the news, a source in the London government told WalesOnline that ministers in Westminster were "furious". They said the top Tories "can't understand what the problem is".
Now, the Scottish Government has confirmed that it will be taking the same approach as the Welsh government.

https://nypressnews.com/news/world/uk/uk-ministers-furious-as-devolved-nations-let-schools-opt-out-of-jubilee-book-scheme/
The problem is the Welsh wankers are fucking republican Marxist scum. Who the hell expected them to toe the line.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

UK ministers 'furious' as devolved nations let schools opt out of jubilee book scheme

MINISTERS in London are reportedly fuming at the devolved governments' refusal to distribute a book on the Queen's legacy to schoolchildren.

The UK Government had planned for the book, part of a year-long programme of events to mark Elizabeth's 70-year reign, to be sent to every child in Scotland and Wales.
There were to be 387,000 copies of the book produced in English for 1897 primary schools in Scotland, along with 7200 books in Gaelic for 108 schools.
For Wales, London-based DK Books were contracted to produce 211,000 bilingual copies of the book to be distributed to children at around 3000 schools.

However, a source in the Labour-led Welsh government told WalesOnline that, after seeing the book, it was thought to be too Anglocentric and out of touch with the reality of devolution.

Mark Drakeford's Cardiff administration said that schools in Wales could opt in to receive the book if they wished, but that it would not be sent out to every child automatically.
Reacting to the news, a source in the London government told WalesOnline that ministers in Westminster were "furious". They said the top Tories "can't understand what the problem is".
Now, the Scottish Government has confirmed that it will be taking the same approach as the Welsh government.

https://nypressnews.com/news/world/uk/uk-ministers-furious-as-devolved-nations-let-schools-opt-out-of-jubilee-book-scheme/