Devolved governments opt out of queens jubilee book

Started by Thomas, March 31, 2022, 07:32:33 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 05:04:56 PM
I can imagine the request coming from the Queen or courtiers and would have gone to any government of the day which today happens to be Conservative - thank goodness.

Toots , i know devolution is quite a difficult thing for english people to grasp let alone understand , but you do realise there are four governments of the day , not one , and the tories only control one out of four .

I have already pointed out your government only controls education in england ,so they are going beyond their political competency  , but further from that , any request regarding a jubilee book could have went straight from the queen ( or courtiers) to the scottish northern irish or welsh governments and been nothing whatseoever to do with the tories in london?

So im not sure what you are talking about.

Further to that , you do realise nicola sturgeon is a privy councillor who advises the queen , and not an english tory needed in sight. Whatever my thought on the monrachy and sturgeon , im quietly confident the two woman could hold a brief telephone conversation to talk to each other with boris no mates and his woefull government getting involved in the conversation ?

Quoteno doubt they'll accept any Bank Holidays offered in celebration, or will your fishy leader scotch that as well.
Scotland has its own bank holidays already , some of which are different from yours. You dont offer us anything. My god anglo arrogance at its finest , that you now think bank holidays are the gift of england. LMFAO.

If scotland wants to have a bank holiday and celebrate its queen  , then like any other country where the queeen is head of state , it will. Im still not sure what boris no mates and the english tories in london have to do with things ?

Is boris begging trudeau in canada if he can send canadian weans a jubilee book and offer them an english bank holiday? :D

Some people really are desperate to feel self important arent they?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2022, 05:06:52 PM
I think it's all gone too far to change now,can't see the UK lasting though Wales despite the best efforts of Dickford might stay.

The queen is the last of her line as the royal family stands now,if big ears takes over it will go in to terminal decline,if wills takes it on I predict the Royals being more like their continental cousins in the future.

Scotland will go,how soon don't know and the remainers will celebrate and declare that the break up of the UK is down to brexit and perhaps by some con trick we will become as close as close can be (let's face it they're already saying that) to the eu and in that case if I'm not brown bread I'll never vote again.
I am still  not so sure. We only hear from the diehards and at the last referendum on the subject I certainly heard nasty stories of nationalist bullies. I guess what will be will be but I really don't think the SNP or whoever takes up the independence mantel will have it so easy.

cromwell

I think it's all gone too far to change now,can't see the UK lasting though Wales despite the best efforts of Dickford might stay.

The queen is the last of her line as the royal family stands now,if big ears takes over it will go in to terminal decline,if wills takes it on I predict the Royals being more like their continental cousins in the future.

Scotland will go,how soon don't know and the remainers will celebrate and declare that the break up of the UK is down to brexit and perhaps by some con trick we will become as close as close can be (let's face it they're already saying that) to the eu and in that case if I'm not brown bread I'll never vote again.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

You do know that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness? The second is answering! Dancing I can imagine the request coming from the Queen or courtiers and would have gone to any government of the day which today happens to be Conservative - thank goodness.  I would hope that most would welcome this as an acknowledgement - no doubt they'll accept any Bank Holidays offered in celebration, or will your fishy leader scotch that as well.  :)

Thomas

What i want to know is there anything in it abour prince andrew and the looky looky girls?

Thomas

Good old tories, genius plan. Punt the plebs gas bills sky high , and then give them a book to burn to lower gas consumption for one night.:D

Thomas

QuoteHowever, a source in the Labour-led Welsh government told WalesOnline that, after seeing the book, it was thought to be too Anglocentric and out of touch with the reality of devolution.
:D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:41:28 PM
I'm very glad to hear that they will not be intimidated by a party that is so mean spirited.
They dont have to be intimidated by any party . the only intimidation is coming from your party the tories.

Be interesting to see how many schools opt in , and how many street parties across scotland for lizzie. I would make a small wager not many in my experience.

The bbc will be working hard at thinking out how to show the scots in a sea of ecstasy celebrating a monarch no one gives a flying fack about. Camera angles , as we know , will be crucial. :D

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 04:39:07 PM
see my latest reply above? If parents want their kids to have a keepsake , then they can . Scottish parents and welsh ones will be clamouring for the book and both governments will be falling over themselves to comply.
I'm very glad to hear that they will not be intimidated by a party that is so mean spirited. 

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:34:53 PM
Do you not think of all the parents who would love their kids to have such a keepsake? I don't think too many would bother about Glasgow.
see my latest reply above? If parents want their kids to have a keepsake , then they can . Scottish parents and welsh ones will be clamouring for the book and both governments will be falling over themselves to comply.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:02:00 PM
For whose benefit? I repeat it's rather mean minded. She is their Queen too.
can i just reiterate here toots , in case you have missed it , both the scottish and welsh governments have said they will only send the books out if schools ask.

So if as you claim , scots and welsh think the queen is wonderfull and has done a great job , then there will be no end of demand and every schoolchild in jockland and taffydom will be clamouring for a copy.

So what is the problem? Apart from tory ministers in a government the majority of scots and welsh didnt vote for fuming about devolution and the limitations of their own political powers ?

I think that is the real story here, tories crying they cant do as they please in scotland where they havent won an election since the queens coronation. Isnt democracy a bugger ?

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 04:26:38 PM
Doesnt matter what it is. Its not  your governments place to do so.

As for the queen and wether she has done a good or bad job , i personally dont support the outdated principle of a monarchy.
we are both entitled to our opinions , and wether you think it mean spirited or not , doesnt detract from my basic points. Well done sturgeon i say.

I think she would be worried about the bonfires appearing across glesga if it went ahead.
Do you not think of all the parents who would love their kids to have such a keepsake? I don't think too many would bother about Glasgow.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:18:56 PM
LOL It's a little picture book of 70 years of a woman's queenship where she has done a superb job.
Doesnt matter what it is. Its not  your governments place to do so.

As for the queen and wether she has done a good or bad job , i personally dont support the outdated principle of a monarchy.

QuoteLike I said your view is mean spirited.
we are both entitled to our opinions , and wether you think it mean spirited or not , doesnt detract from my basic points. Well done sturgeon i say.

I think she would be worried about the bonfires appearing across glesga if it went ahead.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 04:12:52 PM
If scots want to celebrate their queens reign ,and its a big if , then its down to the democratically elected government of scotland to print and send books to scottish schoolchildren in schools that scots gov are in charge of.

Foreigners in your country , in a government  the majority of scotland didnt vote for , shouldnt be sending books to indoctrinate our children . As i said , whatever sturgeons faults she has called this correct.

Imagine the uproar if the EU had proposed sending books to english schoolchildren regarding brussells and celebrating  the EU parliament rule when you were part of the eu?

I would bet every penny i own that you and streetwalker would be crying foul on this very forum.
LOL It's a little picture book of 70 years of a woman's queenship where she has done a superb job. At her coronation we were all given a little picture book of it. It was then and would be now nothing more than a little present to the kids about something that has been a shared history. Like I said your view is mean spirited.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:02:00 PM
For whose benefit? I repeat it's rather mean minded. She is their Queen too.
If scots want to celebrate their queens reign ,and its a big if , then its down to the democratically elected government of scotland to print and send books to scottish schoolchildren in schools that scots gov are in charge of.

Foreigners in your country , in a government  the majority of scotland didnt vote for , shouldnt be sending books to indoctrinate our children . As i said , whatever sturgeons faults she has called this correct.

Imagine the uproar if the EU had proposed sending books to english schoolchildren regarding brussells and celebrating  the EU parliament rule when you were part of the eu?

I would bet every penny i own that you and streetwalker would be crying foul on this very forum.