Would Canadians welcome Harry and Meghan?

Started by Borchester, January 09, 2020, 12:14:09 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

It's all sort of falling apart for the Royle family isn't it. The Queen can't last forever. The Duke's been banned from driving.  ;)

Charlie is as wet as tripe and the whole country seems to despise Camilla.

Andrew and Fergie were already taking a bit of a back seat, then Andy got all soiled by some associations with a pedo who killed himself.

Zara got done for speeding and banned.

So I say, Zara for Queen and ditch the others. She'll need a chauffeur.  :D
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

I don't know and frankly dont care.

Today the 6am news announced 'shock' at their decision to retreat from front line royal duties.

The only shock I feel is that despite a thousand years of inbreeding, Harry - or his real friends - has the sense to get out.

As others said elsewhere, we need a titular head of state and an heir or two. Liz should have abdicated on age grounds decades ago. Charles should have followed Edward the 8ths example.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=12594 time=1578559636 user_id=53
Yes Ive always thought so  :hattip

Im sure Harry and Megan have made the right choice here and yes they will be made very welcome .The Canadians will see it as an honour that they have chosen them as their hosts and their protectors .

That's great SW and as their protectors I hope they will cough up the cash for their police minders.

I wish neither of them ill but old big ears has one thing right the whole circus is far too large slim it it right down to queen big ears and wills and tell the rest to sod off and get a job and a house they pay for.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

I have a large number of relatives in Canada, but I won't be emailing them for an opinion.

With Harry and Meghan's combined net worth being around £30 million I can't really see why they need to work.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester post_id=12583 time=1578528849 user_id=62

Nice folk the Canadians.

Yes Ive always thought so  :hattip

Im sure Harry and Megan have made the right choice here and yes they will be made very welcome .The Canadians will see it as an honour that they have chosen them as their hosts and their protectors .

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=12584 time=1578532454 user_id=48
Must say I did laugh when I saw this story break they called it Megxit.

Well if they want to be independent fine so we should flog frogmore house to the highest bidder and get as much of the over £2 million it cost the taxpayers to renovate back.

Stop the protection detail and give 'em a couple of bikes to get on ala tebbit.

That is the bit that gets me. I can't see what Harry can do for a living. And while Meghan has been in both Suits and the Betty Windsor Show, she has been dropped from both.  

I wish them well, but I have a horrible feeling that it won't be long before they are back in Chichester signing on at East Pallant House
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Must say I did laugh when I saw this story break they called it Megxit.

Well if they want to be independent fine so we should flog frogmore house to the highest bidder and get as much of the over £2 million it cost the taxpayers to renovate back.

Stop the protection detail and give 'em a couple of bikes to get on ala tebbit.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51042826/would-canadians-welcome-harry-and-meghan">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51042826/would-canadians-welcome-harry-and-meghan%20%20

To be honest I don't really take much notice of the royals. I like the Queen. She has spent nearly three quarters of a century pinning medals on soldiers, knighting largely blameless worthies, opening hospital and schools, cheering us all up and never bitching about anything.

As to the rest, well, they are harmless.

But the bit that got me was how polite the Canadians were when told that Harry and Meghan were going to move to Canada. None of the Canucks said well so what? Are we expected to fall on our knees and practice kissing their arses? They just said ok, fine, hope they enjoy their stay.

Nice folk the Canadians.
Algerie Francais !