Just stop oil

Started by cromwell, April 01, 2022, 09:26:33 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on November 11, 2022, 12:28:49 AM
Which is not like jailing people by frontier justice.

I have no objection to these people being jailed by the courts lawfully and due process,tbh I would have no objection to some member of the public drenching them with cold water or removing them .
There was a film clip recently some tosser in the Netherlands glued himself to a table on a discussion programme, security came and tipped him off the table.

Also some of them tunnelled under the entrance to a refinery and sat in there the lorries kept rolling and the protesters complained the tunnel might collapse on them.
The head cop said your choice it's you putting yourself at risk and he's right but again that's not frontier justice.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11141899/Just-Stop-Oil-activist-tunnelled-entrance-fuel-depot-accuses-cops-risking-life.html
The problem is they're not being put away though

Fair play to the police they ARE arresting these people. Eventually and after they've screwed over the lives of tens of thousands and broken several laws. So no prizes there. But they are eventually arresting those responsible.

but then what ? 

the bloody magistrate let's them go and ten minutes later they're glueing themselves to another road surface

F@@@ this they're in contempt of fucking court. Throw them in a cell and leave them to rot until they apologise. Have their assets sequestered and sold. Lots of cheap housing starts appearing for sale in posh neighbourhoods. And bastards like Hallam die in prison. Hopefully of hunger strike saving us millions we'd have to spend keeping him imprisoned because he's not going to make the sincere apology to the court for his contempt of it, is he.

And stop pissing on the law abiding citizen trying to get to work. If a protestor falls into their car, pay the costs out of the proceeds of crime / victim support funds. Once these shitheads realise no one gets disrupted they'll soon give up.

mind you, the problem started in the sixties. If they hadn't turned the transmissions off when Welsh language protestors climbed the tv masts there would not be any protestors of their ilk now as their grandads would have been sterilised by the radio waves.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 10, 2022, 05:49:55 PM
Correct, protestors are not entitled to block the highway. Section 137 of the 1980 Road Traffic Act clearly states: 'It is an offence to obstruct free passage on the public highway'. Also, wilful obstruction of the public highway was also included as an offence in the 'Police Crime Sentencing and Courts Act 2022'.

So you see, the police have the law on their side, but for reasons best known to themselves they choose not to implement it. Unless you're a journalist. [Police arrested three journalists for covering the M25 protest last Tuesday]
olice, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act
Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act
At least one of those arrests was for suspicion of collusion with the criminals in contempt of court.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 10, 2022, 11:59:44 PM
My son lives in France, he recently mentioned that some lefty anarchist types tried sitting across a dual carriageway. Apparently, the police were not required, angry motorists none to gentry sorted them out and within a few minutes traffic was flowing normally. Unless our police start acting like police, people will take the law into their own hands. It's inevitable.
Which is not like jailing people by frontier justice.

I have no objection to these people being jailed by the courts lawfully and due process,tbh I would have no objection to some member of the public drenching them with cold water or removing them .
There was a film clip recently some tosser in the Netherlands glued himself to a table on a discussion programme, security came and tipped him off the table.

Also some of them tunnelled under the entrance to a refinery and sat in there the lorries kept rolling and the protesters complained the tunnel might collapse on them.
The head cop said your choice it's you putting yourself at risk and he's right but again that's not frontier justice.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11141899/Just-Stop-Oil-activist-tunnelled-entrance-fuel-depot-accuses-cops-risking-life.html
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Red Rackham

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2022, 10:36:33 PM
Oh yeah great idea Nick let's have a lynch mob,why not bring back the ducking stool and burning at the stake there's justice.....it'll go down a storm with people like Yaxley Lennon.
My son lives in France, he recently mentioned that some lefty anarchist types tried sitting across a dual carriageway. Apparently, the police were not required, angry motorists none to gentry sorted them out and within a few minutes traffic was flowing normally. Unless our police start acting like police, people will take the law into their own hands. It's inevitable.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2022, 08:41:05 PM
There's an opportunity here, give a few of these eco warriors a stretch, stick all these sexual deviants in Bradford in jail, the ones Beer Korma failed to convict and you've got a winning combination. The electorate always votes for a government that sticks people in jail. Frontier justice.
Oh yeah great idea Nick let's have a lynch mob,why not bring back the ducking stool and burning at the stake there's justice.....it'll go down a storm with people like Yaxley Lennon.

Nick

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 10, 2022, 05:49:55 PM
Correct, protestors are not entitled to block the highway. Section 137 of the 1980 Road Traffic Act clearly states: 'It is an offence to obstruct free passage on the public highway'. Also, wilful obstruction of the public highway was also included as an offence in the 'Police Crime Sentencing and Courts Act 2022'.

So you see, the police have the law on their side, but for reasons best known to themselves they choose not to implement it. Unless you're a journalist. [Police arrested three journalists for covering the M25 protest last Tuesday]
There's an opportunity here, give a few of these eco warriors a stretch, stick all these sexual deviants in Bradford in jail, the ones Beer Korma failed to convict and you've got a winning combination. The electorate always votes for a government that sticks people in jail. Frontier justice. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Red Rackham

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2022, 11:47:51 AM
I worked in Deutschland a long time ago and was told if you impeded an emergency vehicle you were subject to stiff penalties even manslaughter if someone died as a result.

Don't know if that's all correct and I'm not looking it up but after reading this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11411349/Senseless-irresponsible-driver-overtakes-repeatedly-blocks-AMBULANCE.html

And the tossers blocking traffic shouldn't we adopt similar,they are entitled to protest but not block the highway.

johnofgwent

I worked in Deutschland a long time ago and was told if you impeded an emergency vehicle you were subject to stiff penalties even manslaughter if someone died as a result.

Don't know if that's all correct and I'm not looking it up but after reading this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11411349/Senseless-irresponsible-driver-overtakes-repeatedly-blocks-AMBULANCE.html

And the tossers blocking traffic shouldn't we adopt similar,they are entitled to protest but not block the highway.
Ok

first off it's "the Sun"

second off it was talking about where motorists refused to move over to allow an ambulance past if it meant entering a bus lane because they'd be fined. And the article basically said you should stay out and let THE EMERGENCY VEHICLE sort itself out round you.

the only penalty is where you "wilfully impede"

which is, I think, exactly what that shitbag in charge said he would do.

srb7677

What kind of senseless prat overtakes an ambulance with it's blue lights then drives slowly in front of it without pulling over?

An obvious tossed who deserved all he got and should have done some jail time as well, rather than a suspended sentence.

As for the tossers blocking traffic, if that impedes emergency vehicles, their cause might be more noble than just choosing to be an entitled tosser because you feel like it, but the end results are potentially just as serious, and they should be sentenced accordingly.

Fact is they are too myopic to understand that with such tactics they are doing their cause far more harm than good.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

I worked in Deutschland a long time ago and was told if you impeded an emergency vehicle you were subject to stiff penalties even manslaughter if someone died as a result.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on November 09, 2022, 11:49:27 AM
It's been reported that journalists have been arrested while covering Stop Oil protests. LBC's Charlotte Lynch was one.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-shutting-down-free-media-lbc-reporter-arrested/

It appears she was arrested for collusion when she told the officers that she was, where she was, because she'd been told the night before by Stop Oil where the following day's protests would be.

This leaves me wondering:

(a) should she have informed police so that they could be prepared to deal with the disruption, and if not, should the seriousness of the potential crime affect any such decision,

(b) are journalists privileged members of society who should enjoy freedoms and benefits not available to others, and

(c) does the growing influence of citizen journalism pollute the pool of news and comment available to us all and lessen the ability to make valid judgements on the news and the credibility of the reporter, by the public and/ police...?

the question of journalists having freedoms to ignore the law is an interesting one.

I saw the story regarding this journalists arrest and naturally there was no mention of her being in possession of information pertinent to the crime.

if a journalist had been contacted by the provos a couple of hours before a pub bombing and not told the police but instead rocked up to photograph the dead, what would the world think of tgem

and what exactly is the difference between what she did, and someone doing what I postulate.

Failure to shop a terrorist is a terrorist act.

srb7677

Is all this guff about who was in Belize shooting who going to be allowed to derail this thread too?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 09, 2022, 03:21:12 PM
So, please explain, what is it about nurses striking that would lead any stable person to refer to military patrols in Belize and medical staff being shot...?
If you'd read the thread and understood it you'd know, I guarantee Steve, whose belief on the subject is vastly different to mine knows how I got on to military personnel in the jungle. But I'll explain it anyway. 

I acknowledge that nurses do a fantastic job with long hours, but I also see that they get paid more based on service than a squady who could have done a 10 hour yomp through the bondoo. So I don't put them up on a pedestal like some form of angel as some do. I look at the Grunts who may lose their life protecting us as way more deserving a decent pay rise that nurses. The chances of survival entering a hospital for a long shift is exponentially higher than a soldier his form of theatre. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 03:07:21 PM
Well when you grow up and get a bit of life experience you may be able to follow the thread.
So, please explain, what is it about nurses striking that would lead any stable person to refer to military patrols in Belize and medical staff being shot...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 09, 2022, 11:24:50 AM
Perhaps it's the same aberration that diverts posters on the thread about nurses striking to covering military patrols in Belize and medical staff being shot.

On the other hand, it's probably just posting as the belly guides, caused by no real answer to salient points...
Well when you grow up and get a bit of life experience you may be able to follow the thread.