Just stop oil

Started by cromwell, April 01, 2022, 09:26:33 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on June 16, 2022, 10:50:47 PM
Cult?  Elite?  Plan?  Tell me more about this conspiracy theory.  Who are these cult members, and what is their plan, after no one has transport?  Are they trying to stop the whole world from functioning, so the aliens can invade?
Have you no sensible debate that you have to keep involving aliens? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 28, 2022, 07:17:45 PM
Oh I would imagine the Thunberg Cult would expect the elite to be able to afford sulphur mined by ultra deep ROV collection from the hydrothermal vents lining the Marianas Trench. Because their entire planis that unless you are Elon Musk, you will have to walk. Which won't half stuff the share price of Tesla !

Cult?  Elite?  Plan?  Tell me more about this conspiracy theory.  Who are these cult members, and what is their plan, after no one has transport?  Are they trying to stop the whole world from functioning, so the aliens can invade?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

HDQQ

The use of fossil fuels is something that needs to be wound down rather than stopped suddenly. Oil and gas are going to run out anyway within decades and long before then they're going to become much more expensive as they become scarce - we're getting a taste of that right now because of Putin.

We need to move to green technology, as is happening now and that will help conserve dwindling oil reserves for uses where there's no viable alternative.

Hysterical panic about 'killing the planet' plays into the hands of petrolheads and coal-rollers. 'Harming the biosphere' is a more accurate description and is less easy for denialists to ridicule.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Benson on April 02, 2022, 08:01:53 AM
Did I read somewhere that there are some 6,000 products extracted from crude oil. If anyone wishes to ban crude oil, how will they use rubber as an example? I think about 90% of the worlds sulphur comes from oil, so not sure how they expect to vulcanise the rubber for tyres and seals for their EV's. So we would have to go back to the days of either wooden wheels or metal bands on the wheels. Or would they expect nations to mine the top of volcanoes?

Oil is vastly more than just petrol and diesel.
Oh I would imagine the Thunberg Cult would expect the elite to be able to afford sulphur mined by ultra deep ROV collection from the hydrothermal vents lining the Marianas Trench. Because their entire planis that unless you are Elon Musk, you will have to walk. Which won't half stuff the share price of Tesla !
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Looks like the latest protest mob has actually damaged fuel pumps at two petrol stations along the M25. If true, aren't heavy fines justified?

Second point, what sort of dangerous idiot starts damaging fuel pumps where thousands of litres of fuel are stored.

Third point, how come LBC (and, presumably, other media) were in place ready to record the event(s)? Should media personnel have alerted the authorities to a potentially dangerous situation...?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/eco-mob-smash-up-petrol-station-pumps-and-block-access-during-morning-rush-hour/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

They're at it again 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10762165/Eco-anarchists-SABOTAGE-Shell-petrol-station-M25.html

I think the only answer now is they be advised legitimate protest is fine stopping people going about their daily business and committing criminal damage is not,some sort of restraint order is required where if they stray to actions as above will result in immediate arrest and imprisonment.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Benson on April 02, 2022, 08:01:53 AM
Did I read somewhere that there are some 6,000 products extracted from crude oil. If anyone wishes to ban crude oil, how will they use rubber as an example? I think about 90% of the worlds sulphur comes from oil, so not sure how they expect to vulcanise the rubber for tyres and seals for their EV's. So we would have to back to the days of either wooded wheels or metal bands on the wheels. Or would they expect nations to mine the top of volcanoes?

The problem is the eco brigade are saying unless we all go back to living in caves and riding bikes the earth and us will be dead in a few years.

The human race will probably disappear eventually but earth has a long way to go yet.

Benson

Did I read somewhere that there are some 6,000 products extracted from crude oil. If anyone wishes to ban crude oil, how will they use rubber as an example? I think about 90% of the worlds sulphur comes from oil, so not sure how they expect to vulcanise the rubber for tyres and seals for their EV's. So we would have to go back to the days of either wooden wheels or metal bands on the wheels. Or would they expect nations to mine the top of volcanoes?

How do you change your signature?

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on April 01, 2022, 05:51:56 PM
The mammoth in the bathroom here is that fossil fuels are finite, they're being used up at an increasing rate and they will get more and more expensive as nations compete for dwindling supplies. So whether or not one agrees with the the climate-change argument, we're going to have to learn to live without fossil fuels sooner or later.
I somewhat agree quackers . ???

The problem we have though is that the green agenda has premeturly overtaken carbon fuels resulting in us not using one and not being able to use the other to meet our needs 

patman post

The term "Peak Oil" has been used to describe both the greatest ever production, and the greatest ever use. Either way, we don't appear to be near running out, and alternative energy can be taking over way before then.

The 5p reduction in fuel price is unnecessary. Motor efficiencies are improving at such a pace that such a minimal price cut will likely be overtaken in 12 months — especially with such a spur...!
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2022, 11:07:50 AM
Quite right cromwell

Whatever anyones take on the future of the world and our energy use its quite clear to even the greenest of greens that without carbon fuels we will be living in mud huts and singing kum ba yar within a generation .

Soak them and soak them good ;D
The mammoth in the bathroom here is that fossil fuels are finite, they're being used up at an increasing rate and they will get more and more expensive as nations compete for dwindling supplies. So whether or not one agrees with the the climate-change argument, we're going to have to learn to live without fossil fuels sooner or later.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2022, 11:07:50 AM
Quite right cromwell

Whatever anyones take on the future of the world and our energy use its quite clear to even the greenest of greens that without carbon fuels we will be living in mud huts and singing kum ba yar within a generation .

Soak them and soak them good ;D
Too true,then they'll get to appreciate how cold it can get without fossil fuels. :D

Streetwalker

Quite right cromwell 

Whatever anyones take on the future of the world and our energy use its quite clear to even the greenest of greens that without carbon fuels we will be living in mud huts and singing kum ba yar within a generation .

Soak them and soak them good ;D

cromwell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-60951403

Made their point which is a bit pointless at the present,however they should be politely asked to relocate their protest to the pavement and allow tankers through....failure should result in a good hosing down with cold water till they comply.