pope apologises for mass childrens graves

Started by Thomas, April 02, 2022, 02:11:44 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 05:59:56 PM
as i understand it , the catholic church has badly struggled in ireland in recent years  , having to bus in polish and other priests from elsewhere as the younger irish shun the catholic church.

I think we can all clearly see why the christian faith is dying a lonely death across europe.
I don't think it's necessarily Christianity that dies but belief in certain Church organisations. There are many who still have faith in Jesus Christ even though they no longer feel the need for Church involvement.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2022, 05:41:34 PM
Who still do their best to cover or quieten the laundries and the sewer graves in Ireland.
as i understand it , the catholic church has badly struggled in ireland in recent years  , having to bus in polish and other priests from elsewhere as the younger irish shun the catholic church.

I think we can all clearly see why the christian faith is dying a lonely death across europe.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2022, 05:41:34 PM
Who still do their best to cover or quieten the laundries and the sewer graves in Ireland.
There are terrible atrocities throughout all of time in every faith and none. It seems impossible to us now that people could be so cruel and yet cruelty is rife all over the world. We all expect to live a few meters from a rat and it is possible that we live within a short distance of cruelty too. China is currently reported to be separating small children from their parents in their efforts to create zero covid. How easily could that too turn to mass children's graves?
You would think that a Church would have perfect standards but Churches are made up of people and they are never perfect. We have seen many times how a culture of cruelty has emerged from so called care environments. Old people mistreated in 'care homes' is a fairly regular example. 
The Pope as head of the Catholic Church can only offer his concern. He cannot punish anyone, he cannot bring justice. But be sure that justice will come when the time is right.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 02:11:44 PM
Pope Francis apologises to Indigenous People in Canada after mass graves of children were discovered in Christian schools: Here is everything you need

Days after meeting the Indigenous leaders of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis delegations, Pope Francis tendered an apology on Friday (April 1) for the "cultural genocide of indigenous children committed by the Catholic Church in Canadian residential schools".
In a tweet, the Head of the worldwide Catholic church said, "I feel shame for the role that a number of Catholics with educational responsibilities have had in the abuse and lack of respect for the identity, culture and spiritual values of the Indigenous Peoples in Canada. "
He claimed that the actions of the Church in the residential schools, meant for indigenous children, were against the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It must be mentioned that Pope Francis did not apologise and instead expressed sorrow after mass graves of indigenous children were initially unearthed from the compound of former residential schools in Canada in 2021.

https://www.opindia.com/2022/04/pope-francis-apology-indigenous-people-canada-here-is-everything-you-need/

Utter bastards.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Pope Francis apologises to Indigenous People in Canada after mass graves of children were discovered in Christian schools: Here is everything you need

Days after meeting the Indigenous leaders of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis delegations, Pope Francis tendered an apology on Friday (April 1) for the "cultural genocide of indigenous children committed by the Catholic Church in Canadian residential schools".
In a tweet, the Head of the worldwide Catholic church said, "I feel shame for the role that a number of Catholics with educational responsibilities have had in the abuse and lack of respect for the identity, culture and spiritual values of the Indigenous Peoples in Canada. "
He claimed that the actions of the Church in the residential schools, meant for indigenous children, were against the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It must be mentioned that Pope Francis did not apologise and instead expressed sorrow after mass graves of indigenous children were initially unearthed from the compound of former residential schools in Canada in 2021.

https://www.opindia.com/2022/04/pope-francis-apology-indigenous-people-canada-here-is-everything-you-need/

Utter bastards.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!