The problems with the Greens?

Started by Sheepy, April 03, 2022, 10:48:11 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on April 18, 2022, 02:44:08 PM
Brexit was won because of the anti-immigration vote. Nothing to do with Greens. All to do with antipathy towards Blacks, Browns, Swarthy complexions, and foreign accents.

Had you spent more time working on your allotment and got a farmer's tan, instead of sitting in the shed, you might have received some of that too...
Rubbish. 
Nothing to do with 2 million unknown refugees Merkel let in then?
I also have to add, the only person on this forum who ever mentions colour is you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on April 19, 2022, 05:56:15 PM
Claiming 75 million Turks were poised to invade the UK, and posing in front of a poster showing turbaned hordes queuing to enter doesn't convince me that Farage (the only memorable face of Ukip) during the Brexit campaign, wasn't playing the anti-immigration card...
Farage Immigration Speech - YouTube

Farage was/is  an opponent of Mass immigration and open borders not controlled immigration which he supported . In fact it was he that was suggesting the points based system years before the Tories implemented it ,badly it must be said but it was Farage that sowed the seeds of that policy .

patman post

Claiming 75 million Turks were poised to invade the UK, and posing in front of a poster showing turbaned hordes queuing to enter doesn't convince me that Farage (the only memorable face of Ukip) during the Brexit campaign, wasn't playing the anti-immigration card...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on April 19, 2022, 11:10:18 AM
^^^

BNP lost many of its sympathisers when Ukip provided a more acceptable/decent home for the Tunbridge Wells Blue Rinses and Col Blimps...
Dont think so Posty , UKIP went out of their way to keep anything BNP at arms length even baning former members from joining up . Not saying those who had previously voted BNP didnt vote UKIP or indeed Brexit , they probably did but there was more to both parties than being anti immigration .

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on April 19, 2022, 11:10:18 AM
^^^

BNP lost many of its sympathisers when Ukip provided a more acceptable/decent home for the Tunbridge Wells Blue Rinses and Col Blimps...

Other than a few retired postmen and mini cab drivers, the BNP never had many sympathisers and its main role is as a bogey man that allows Lardy Lammy and Dozy Abbott to keep their constituencies at the bottom of the deprivation list while blaming someone else for their smug incompetence.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

^^^

BNP lost many of its sympathisers when Ukip provided a more acceptable/decent home for the Tunbridge Wells Blue Rinses and Col Blimps...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Brexit was won because of the anti-immigration vote. Nothing to do with Greens. All to do with antipathy towards Blacks, Browns, Swarthy complexions, and foreign accents.

Your probably right Posty , that 2% that swung the balance would sound about right of the anti immigration vote .  Not sure where blacks came into it though , we were not voting to stop immigration from Africa , we need to elected the BNP it seems  to stop that .

Borchester

Had you spent more time working on your allotment and got a farmer's tan, instead of sitting in the shed, you might have received some of that too...
Balls.

God is English, voted Brexit and does not care what colour you are.

As to sitting in my shed, I have spent the weekend watching Fatima and Adam hoeing, weeding and mowing my patch. They are good kids and, what with it being Ramadan, will break their arses for a few Easter eggs.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on April 18, 2022, 01:18:06 PM
The people voted for Brexit because they had self respect.

Greens voted for the EU because they don't have any.

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on April 18, 2022, 01:12:09 PM
While I'm all for a clean environment and sustainability, I always used to say that the problem with the Green Party is that people won't vote for a party they think will lower their living standards. However, the people voted (narrowly) for Brexit so I'm not sure that argument still holds water.

The people voted for Brexit because they had self respect.

Greens voted for the EU because they don't have any.

Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

While I'm all for a clean environment and sustainability, I always used to say that the problem with the Green Party is that people won't vote for a party they think will lower their living standards. However, the people voted (narrowly) for Brexit so I'm not sure that argument still holds water.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 04, 2022, 01:38:01 PM
Given their antics on all manner of gender identity issues I'd be amazed if two of them worked out if they're the right polarity to repopulate the planet so I'm not hugely worried about them ...

I reckon it is a bit of an agenda, make peoples lives so miserable trying to save the planet, they would rather be dead anyway. Zero quality of life is rather pointless. Maybe they are still smarting a bit from when we said we would shut the place down and board it up, I guess they realised we weren't joking when nobody turned out to vote for any of them. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on April 04, 2022, 12:27:24 PM
Not going to happen, they are the saviours you are part of the throwaway society.
Given their antics on all manner of gender identity issues I'd be amazed if two of them worked out if they're the right polarity to repopulate the planet so I'm not hugely worried about them ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 03, 2022, 01:22:25 PM
Well they're right.

But as an example, they should go first.
Not going to happen, they are the saviours you are part of the throwaway society. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Well they're right.

But as an example, they should go first.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>