Main Menu

Is anything true?

Started by T00ts, April 06, 2022, 09:29:38 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I find most of the replies so far terribly cynical. We tell our children to be honest and I at least expect people to be honest with me just as I make every effort to be honest with others. What kind of future is it where it appears we can trust nothing and no-one? 

Surely it cannot be right to simply accept this situation?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on April 06, 2022, 09:29:38 AM
I have become increasingly dismayed at how much 'truth' out there is held up as lies and distortion. Even this Forum is full of dispute about what can and can't be believed from pandemics to war crime. Friction arises even when apparent truth is put before our eyes.

I saw a video a few days ago (now I can't find it >:() that clearly showed that media we might trust can be duped. An example related to the war in Ukraine where it was 'proved' that clips of actions described as recent were in fact of wars dating back years in other countries and some were nothing more than clips from war games, one of which duped the BBC. Something as basic as a bombing in Ukraine which was impossible simply because the trees were in leaf as in Summer rather than as they are now pretty bare. Why if it's so obvious are so many so easily taken in?

I am getting to the point that I hardly believe anything that anyone tells me. This erosion of trust can't possibly lead anywhere any good. How many of you are really trust worthy? How do I know that you are not all a bunch of mind bending numbskulls who are yourselves taken in by the deceit that seems to prevail. There is a good argument growing for a reclusive lifestyle away from all information. No wonder so many kids are going up the wall.
I know how you feel . We can but take anything we are told with suspicion and give it a few days before (the truth is normally out by then ) filing it under truth or propoganda . 

Wars are notorious for dissinformation ,accusations and denials .  The 'truth' will be written by the victors and we will be none the wiser 

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on April 06, 2022, 09:29:38 AM
I have become increasingly dismayed at how much 'truth' out there is held up as lies and distortion. Even this Forum is full of dispute about what can and can't be believed from pandemics to war crime. Friction arises even when apparent truth is put before our eyes.

At this moment in time T00ts, you should be skeptical of everything. I am not saying things reported aren't true, but the conclusions and what is reported is frankly biased. Bucha is a prime example. You wouldn't accept finger pointing in a court of law, I fail to see why we are doing this now. Civilians or POWs is a fine line when your adult population is told to stay and fight. And the numbers don't add up to killing on mass in any case. This should be properly investigated by the UN. And we need facts, not opinions here. But sure, let's listen to Zelensky when he has a dog in this fight and has no real understanding what has gone on either. Again, I listened to China on this and yet again they are the only rational voice right now. This needs to be investigated and we shouldn't be driven by emotion. And while we are at it, we should also have the UN look into Russian POWs being shot and the mass killings in Donbass in 2014 as everyone thinks this type of crime is so unthinkable and a terrible atrocity. I am fed up of only the one side being strung up here. Last week Ukraine was being accused of war crimes that should be reported and investigated too right??? I just find it so damn annoying that when talks did seem to be going somewhere and the war might even be over in a few weeks that a spanner has been thrown into the works and we can't help but act on emotion than facts on things.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on April 06, 2022, 11:50:41 AM
Now that's interesting. At first I thought you were not but then I do wonder if you really are a conspiracy theorist. Who is 'them' and who is 'us'. It's all so nefarious it just passes belief.
I don't believe in conspiracies either they are the truth or they aren't if they are proved to be true, they are not conspiracies. But in actual fact put up as conspiracies to cover up the truth with lies, if they are not true then they can be called a conspiracy and a lie. Us is those who would rather seek the truth than believe every lie and mass propaganda pumped out for the masses for the sake of hiding agendas which nobody but a few should know about, don't get me wrong if you would rather believe everything the BBC amongst others tell you is the truth don't expect your beliefs not to be questioned because like you have just said yourself, what you see is not necessarily the truth. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on April 06, 2022, 10:16:20 AM
This is one of the best I have seen for a while Toots, when your form of reality is questioned by yourself, you can trace this back to Wikileaks and Julian Assange including a few whistle blowers in the good old days of the internet. When the real narrative was shown for all, everything else was run on lies to cover the said narrative. Those lies have just become bigger and more powerful where a very few are desperate to control the whole narrative, it is a false reality being created by pure lies because a very few want to control the direction of humanity. It is now a constant battle between them and us. Those who want to point it out and those who want to believe every lie they can come out with.
Now that's interesting. At first I thought you were not but then I do wonder if you really are a conspiracy theorist. Who is 'them' and who is 'us'. It's all so nefarious it just passes belief. 

Sheepy

This is one of the best I have seen for a while Toots, when your form of reality is questioned by yourself, you can trace this back to Wikileaks and Julian Assange including a few whistle blowers in the good old days of the internet. When the real narrative was shown for all, everything else was run on lies to cover the said narrative. Those lies have just become bigger and more powerful where a very few are desperate to control the whole narrative, it is a false reality being created by pure lies because a very few want to control the direction of humanity. It is now a constant battle between them and us. Those who want to point it out and those who want to believe every lie they can come out with. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

I saw a video a few days ago (now I can't find it >:() that clearly showed that media we might trust can be duped. An example related to the war in Ukraine where it was 'proved' that clips of actions described as recent were in fact of wars dating back years in other countries and some were nothing more than clips from war games, one of which duped the BBC. Something as basic as a bombing in Ukraine which was impossible simply because the trees were in leaf as in Summer rather than as they are now pretty bare. Why if it's so obvious are so many so easily taken in?

I am getting to the point that I hardly believe anything that anyone tells me. This erosion of trust can't possibly lead anywhere any good. How many of you are really trust worthy? How do I know that you are not all a bunch of mind bending numbskulls who are yourselves taken in by the deceit that seems to prevail. There is a good argument growing for a reclusive lifestyle away from all information. No wonder so many kids are going up the wall.