Main Menu

Mrs Rishi non dom?

Started by T00ts, April 07, 2022, 01:29:43 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 08, 2022, 05:29:36 PM
She is only non dom for tax purposes, and how is she living at our expense?
As for the benefits remark, she wouldn't qualify 😂
Who pays for no 11 and all the associated costs.....we do,if you are in a position one step away from PM you and your family are either UK citizens or not....if no you should be barred from the job completely.

The comparison to people on benefits is valid (most who work as well but you never acknowledge that) who you regularly slag off for their big tv and sky but find no problem here.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I thought the rule was something like if someone lives here continuously for 7 or maybe 8 years the £30,000 retains non dom status.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 08, 2022, 05:24:45 PM
It doesn't necessarily cost anything to be tax non domicile.
I qualified as non dom for a couple of years once, I was in the U.K. less than 90 days in a year.
And a number of my friends and relatives were also "non Dom's" for the same reason.

They worked abroad.

I remember rushing my uncle to rhoose airport to get a private charter the hell out of Britain before midnight brought a massive tax bill. He was a chief engineer in a foreign flagged merchant navy ...

I had the option to take a contract like that. When I found how much trouble friends of mine had repatriating themselves, never mind their gains, I chose to take another contract

Rishis bitch is trying to have her cake and eat it. 

It's not on. End of.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I qualified as non dom for a couple of years once, I was in the U.K. less than 90 days in a year.
Yes, the same for me, but we were living the majority of the time outside of blighty, and she is not.

Having said that, this whole story is being run for a reason, as she is clearly not doing anything against the law. Despite Emily Thornberry casting aspersions that Rishi should be sticking to the ministerial code, she had no evidence that he is not.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

That is was my take on the matter, but thought that the legislation might have changed since my day.

Anyway, Mrs Sunak has two daughters and they always cost telephone numbers to raise
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 07, 2022, 11:40:35 PM
Why is she classed as non dom,does she live here or not? Not only does live here but at our expense,people can babble on it's all within the law so the laws crap.

It's cheating the system and make no mistake were she on benefits the howls of rage would be heard where she is supposedly domiciledhalfway across the world.
She is only non dom for tax purposes, and how is she living at our expense? 
As for the benefits remark, she wouldn't qualify 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 08, 2022, 07:44:52 AM
It costs £30K a year to register as non domiciled so it would be fair to say she is recieving an income which if taxed would be greater than that .
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 08, 2022, 12:44:49 PM
So HMRC gets £30,000 for doing sod all, a situation they must be pleased with else they would not allow the situation to continue
They may have other ideas soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61041926

As an Indian THREE QUARTER BILLIONAIRE with non dom status she can have her estate in India - the £700 MILLION stake in her father's company taxed at ZERO percent instead of 40%.

India negotiated a treaty with Britain in 1956 which allowed indians rin britain to avoid paying twice for death duties. But when India abolished inheritance tax, nobody abolished this bloody treaty

£30,000 a year to not have to pay TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FUCKING MILLION seems a rather decent deal.

I think we should burn this fucking treaty right now
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 08, 2022, 07:44:52 AM
It costs £30K a year to register as non domiciled so it would be fair to say she is recieving an income which if taxed would be greater than that .

So HMRC gets £30,000 for doing sod all, a situation they must be pleased with else they would not allow the situation to continue
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Seems fair to me that people and companies should pay tax on their income in the countries where they earn that income. 

Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, etc, are among those being criticised for not doing so. It now appears Rishi Sunak's wife is being criticised for doing exactly that...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2022, 04:43:01 PM
It's not designed for anything really, it's a position. You're either Tax dom or not, and if she isn't then she isn't.
Seeing as she is loaded I'm guessing she doesn't work and earn anything so why should she pay any tax?

Well Trusts and Settlements North West 5 would disagree with you there, buy hey, when they came after me I had our MOD / UK Atomic Energy Police take them away at gunpoint and cavity search them which I think you will agree is a fair thing to do to a taxman who after all only lives to do.it to those in business on their own account .....

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 07, 2022, 03:00:42 PM
Being Non Dom is not illegal and I don't know why anyone is expected, in the words of Lord Strathclyde, to be under  under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel in his stores.
You'll get into trouble here saying that. 

I know, I've had that as part of my sig for a while.

I think the real point is to what extent does it impact his thinking. The Hindoojah brother's for example wanted Blair to do something about the difficulty they had in invading our software market, so Blair, after letting them have a chat, suddenly sent OTdicia Hewitt and Stephen Byers to India to cram Jumbo's with wannabe it workers with dodgy CVS.

Meanwhile the board level chap at BT Global filled portacabins at the martlesham site with illegally imported "consultants" from the Indian outfit he was a director of. 

And then jumped ship to a software house whose whole ethos was to get white men to lie to government that classified projects would remain inside the UK when in fact the work was done remotely in Chennai

And those are only three companies and projects I PERSONALLY worked on. F@@@ knows how much else there was corruptly going on.

cromwell

Quote from: Javert on April 08, 2022, 09:19:09 AM
This seems to me to be a dead cat strategy and as usual the  media are missing the point.  No 10 and No 11 are complaining that Labour are smearing Mr Sunak's wife.  The reality is that this story will have been planted by the PM's own team - after all, who profits most right now today from this story being on the front page, removing the Covid party story from the news, and at the same time attacking the PM's main rival to take over from him?  This is the state that politics in the UK has reached right now.

The next thing they missed is that the main story is not the tax issue until the media can show that she is involved in agressive tax avoidance using tax havens etc, or they can show that the chancellor failed to recuse himself or declare an interest when involved in decisions that would impact his family financial situation.

The bigger point is that as far as I can tell, his argument today is that his wife remains an Indian citizen, and even though she lived in the UK for the last 8 years, she has no intention to become a UK citizen and plans to move back to India "to look after her parents" - first off, I don't buy this as her parent's are billionaire's.  But even if I did accept this, ok - fair enough - it's her right to live where she likes in the world - no problem, but it's in the public interest to know that Rish Sunak's family might be planning to move to INdia in the future - as a voter, I can take this information into account when I listen to him stating that he is making decisions in the long term interest of the UK and he is a patriot of the UK etc....
Good post
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

This seems to me to be a dead cat strategy and as usual the  media are missing the point.  No 10 and No 11 are complaining that Labour are smearing Mr Sunak's wife.  The reality is that this story will have been planted by the PM's own team - after all, who profits most right now today from this story being on the front page, removing the Covid party story from the news, and at the same time attacking the PM's main rival to take over from him?  This is the state that politics in the UK has reached right now.

The next thing they missed is that the main story is not the tax issue until the media can show that she is involved in agressive tax avoidance using tax havens etc, or they can show that the chancellor failed to recuse himself or declare an interest when involved in decisions that would impact his family financial situation.

The bigger point is that as far as I can tell, his argument today is that his wife remains an Indian citizen, and even though she lived in the UK for the last 8 years, she has no intention to become a UK citizen and plans to move back to India "to look after her parents" - first off, I don't buy this as her parent's are billionaire's.  But even if I did accept this, ok - fair enough - it's her right to live where she likes in the world - no problem, but it's in the public interest to know that Rish Sunak's family might be planning to move to INdia in the future - as a voter, I can take this information into account when I listen to him stating that he is making decisions in the long term interest of the UK and he is a patriot of the UK etc....

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2022, 04:43:01 PM
It's not designed for anything really, it's a position. You're either Tax dom or not, and if she isn't then she isn't.
Seeing as she is loaded I'm guessing she doesn't work and earn anything so why should she pay any tax?