Sussexes at Invictus Games

Started by patman post, April 11, 2022, 07:11:04 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on April 11, 2022, 07:28:14 PM
Watching limbless and handicapped ex-military personnel competing in athletics may make you feel uncomfortable. But calling them a disgrace seems a bit OTT.

Harry's done good with these, even if much of the rest of society would prefer to brush its disabled military under the carpet...
😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on April 11, 2022, 07:28:14 PM
Watching limbless and handicapped ex-military personnel competing in athletics may make you feel uncomfortable. But calling them a disgrace seems a bit OTT.

Harry's done good with these, even if much of the rest of society would prefer to brush its disabled military under the carpet...
I would agree with you except M&H are not alone, they are taking their Netflix camera team with them. Now while he was doing this for purely altruistic reasons all credit to him but it doesn't sit right that he is going to make money out of them.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on April 11, 2022, 07:17:42 PM
Don't need to manufacture anything, they're a disgrace.

Harry's done good with these, even if much of the rest of society would prefer to brush its disabled military under the carpet...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on April 11, 2022, 07:11:04 PM
The Duchess of Sussex will join her husband at the Invictus Games, which are taking place this weekend at The Hague. The competition is set to take place from April 16 to 22 in The Netherlands after it was delayed during the pandemic.

The games were founded Harry to aid the rehabilitation of injured or sick military personnel and veterans from across the globe, by giving them the challenge of competing in sporting events similar to the Paralympics. On Monday evening, a spokesperson for the duke and duchess confirmed that Meghan will join Harry at the Games in The Hague for the first few days.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/meghan-join-harry-years-invictus-6938919

Good for them.
Wonder if the usual carpers will find/manufacture something to criticise...
Don't need to manufacture anything, they're a disgrace. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

The Duchess of Sussex will join her husband at the Invictus Games, which are taking place this weekend at The Hague. The competition is set to take place from April 16 to 22 in The Netherlands after it was delayed during the pandemic.

The games were founded Harry to aid the rehabilitation of injured or sick military personnel and veterans from across the globe, by giving them the challenge of competing in sporting events similar to the Paralympics. On Monday evening, a spokesperson for the duke and duchess confirmed that Meghan will join Harry at the Games in The Hague for the first few days.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/meghan-join-harry-years-invictus-6938919

Good for them. 
Wonder if the usual carpers will find/manufacture something to criticise...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...