What now?

Started by Good old, April 12, 2022, 02:05:46 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on April 13, 2022, 05:52:27 PM
 The reality was, Covid was not the emergency they suggested
Maybe not but 6 Million dead worldwide  along with ongoing health problems for many more would suggest it  is  more than the sniffles . 
Almost every country in the world draconian or not did exactly the same as we did with lockdowns ,travel restrictions ect . 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2022, 09:34:36 PM
How is defrauding money out of the benefit system the same as walking into a room in the building you live in, containing people who work in that building?
Well if you can't see both break the law I can't help you.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on April 13, 2022, 08:34:11 PM
According to the polls, the Labour party is 6% ahead with no sign of the gap closing

Vox Populi, Vox Dei, Irrumabo eos 

Sir Stodge will have us back under the EU's control by Christmas 2024

:) Dancing

Are you here all week 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

It is quite shocking that a PM has for the first time been found guilty of breaking a law whilst in power. Not only that, a law which HE and his cabinet invented whilst they were able to, without parliamentary scrutiny, under EMERGENCY powers, because they deemed it was so important the usual rule of law could be bypassed. The reality was, Covid was not the emergency they suggested, did not require these draconian laws and they knew that. So they had no fear in mixing with lots of other people.
The general populace were being taken for a ride. Have you all figured that one out yet?

Bear in mind some people were fined £50,000 and that is outrageous!
Only because nobody has been found out or managed to convict Bliar. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 13, 2022, 10:18:53 AM
So what another fool,look you make the rules you stand by them or go down,why do you go on about all those benefit cheats it doesn't matter does it?
How is defrauding money out of the benefit system the same as walking into a room in the building you live in, containing people who work in that building?

Borchester

According to the polls, the Labour party is 6% ahead with no sign of the gap closing

Vox Populi, Vox Dei, Irrumabo eos 

Sir Stodge will have us back under the EU's control by Christmas 2024

:) Dancing

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

It is quite shocking that a PM has for the first time been found guilty of breaking a law whilst in power. Not only that, a law which HE and his cabinet invented whilst they were able to, without parliamentary scrutiny, under EMERGENCY powers, because they deemed it was so important the usual rule of law could be bypassed. The reality was, Covid was not the emergency they suggested, did not require these draconian laws and they knew that. So they had no fear in mixing with lots of other people.
The general populace were being taken for a ride. Have you all figured that one out yet?

Agree with practically all.....this just illustrates  like taxes rules are only for the little people and reveals breathtaking arrogance and a sense of entitlement.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2022, 09:41:52 AM
So he went to a room in his own house!! How shocking.

† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2022, 10:11:58 AM

For all I care, you can give Starmer a fine also Nick. It may well end the reign of the Blairites in Labour. But Starmer didn't actually issue the rules, Johnson did. That is why I have more sympathy for ordinary rule breakers than Johnson right now. If you issue draconian measures on a "so called" deadly plague, you better be whiter than white when it comes to the enforcement of the rules. Plenty of people have lost their livelihood on this, and when we all sat at home doing nowt, Johnson was on a cake eating bender, smuggling in wine suitcases.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2022, 10:11:58 AM

So what another fool,look you make the rules you stand by them or go down,why do you go on about all those benefit cheats it doesn't matter does it?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on April 13, 2022, 10:01:42 AM
Well, no because Downing Street has a separate living quarters. It would be better to describe the cabinet room as his place of work. But even if you want to claim that it was his residency, does that argument also apply for those who had house parties during lockdown I wonder? "Ignore all the music, guests and food Mr policeman I am merely going in a room in my house!" OK Nick.

B0ycey

Well, no because Downing Street has a separate living quarters. It would be better to describe the cabinet room as his place of work. But even if you want to claim that it was his residency, does that argument also apply for those who had house parties during lockdown I wonder? "Ignore all the music, guests and food Mr policeman I am merely going in a room in my house!" OK Nick.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 13, 2022, 09:53:41 AM
It is not his house it is part of the offices of state.
I'm fairly sure he woke up that morning in that building, therefore it can be seen as being his home. You're just being pedantic. 

cromwell

It is not his house it is part of the offices of state.

Good old

I think it's about time we as a nation took a good look at our selves.
After all of the reasons given to keep , Boris, in office, the fact is the question remains.Should a PM, or any law maker be able to break , ignore his own laws ,  get caught and remain as a lawmaker, in particular if he or she fails to plead their guilt, and lie.
Surely if this is excusable , then where does that leave our law makers, our law enforcers. Our judges, our lawyers, our police, our politicians. Can they all claim their indiscretions are excusable, only you take the inconvenience of obeying the letter of the law. 
I for one do not want to be ruled in this way,. The beauty of the law is no one is above it. That can not be maintained if the man that makes the law can be accepted as capable of leadership , and maintaining the concept of no one above the law.