One way ticket to Rwanda

Started by Streetwalker, April 14, 2022, 12:20:01 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Rwanda is generally safe and crime levels are relatively low, but street crime does occur. There have been reports of burglary, theft and mugging in Kigali in recent months. You should take precautions with valuables and remain vigilant. 
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/rwanda/print

Apart from not mentioning car wheel thefts, it sounds not unlike Manchester...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 17, 2022, 10:16:51 AM
Archbishop of Canterbury blasts Boris Johnson's 'ungodly' Rwanda refugees plan - Mirror Online

See the usual suspects are piling in .  Maybe we could send the arch Bishop over there to make it less ungodly . Im sure all the mussas will take great comfort in his sermons .
Can't imagine any of them have actually been to Rwanda. I've not been but I have been to Uganda which is next door and has a fantastic climate. What's ungodly about that? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 17, 2022, 10:16:51 AM
Archbishop of Canterbury blasts Boris Johnson's 'ungodly' Rwanda refugees plan - Mirror Online

See the usual suspects are piling in .  Maybe we could send the arch Bishop over there to make it less ungodly . Im sure all the mussas will take great comfort in his sermons .
Can't blame people looking for a better life and sure genuine asylum seekers deserve help but most are economic migrants and we can't take them all in.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2022, 12:09:22 AM
They have few choices: argue that it should be the Seychelles or that all will be welcomed under Labour. Neither are going to gain them votes.
This of course is the point. Labour in Wales give all over 16 and all incomers regardless of citizenship a vote, Labour's problem is that they can't vote labour from rwanda but they CAN vote (for councils and the welsh assembly) labour once welcomed as an immigrant.

The reality is that anyone genuinely eligible to asylum will now have a choice; claim it in france, or live forever with out it in mid-africa.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 14, 2022, 07:49:09 PM
Labours front bench have been busy arguing against the measure, so presumably; at the next election, the repeal of the measure will be a central part of their manifesto?
They have few choices: argue that it should be the Seychelles or that all will be welcomed under Labour. Neither are going to gain them votes. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 14, 2022, 07:49:09 PM
Labours front bench have been busy arguing against the measure, so presumably; at the next election, the repeal of the measure will be a central part of their manifesto?
I would imagine so. They won't get any backhanders from the people smugglers if they dont
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sampanviking

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on April 14, 2022, 05:31:47 PM
Enver Solomon, chief executive, of the Refugee Council ...

Solomon is the sort of shit that has happily claimed millions from gullible T**** who hand money to the dozens of "charities" he's been involved with all of which by rights should be shut down for fraudulently posing as a charity whilst pushing a political agenda.

Frankly, he should be packed off to Rwanda with the people he so desperately wants to see invade this country, and his passport should be conveniently misplaced once he is dumped there.

johnofgwent

I might actually vote Tory at the local elections now

It won't make any difference to labour getting in here, they always do, but it means I can make the labour scum here even angrier by telling them I'm voting to kick the illegals back to Africa where they came from

patman post

Enver Solomon, chief executive, of the Refugee Council, said the plan wouldn't stem the flow of illegal migrants across the Channel. He told BBC: "The way to address this is not to ship people across the globe to Rwanda. The way to address this is to come up with proper solutions that really make a difference."
Evening Standard

Great.

But what "proper solutions that really make a difference" can this guy suggest? 
There are already violent confrontations between local populations here and immigrants. Food and fuel shortages and rising prices are already stirring up unrest. Carrying on as we are is not a sensible option...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on April 14, 2022, 01:41:17 PM
As a way of discouraging would-be asylum seekers from paying traffickers to dangerously ship them across the channel in unsafe boats, it might eventually work. But it doesn't immediately look like the ideal humanitarian solution.

Nevertheless, it does appear to be a practical way of handling the UK's problem of excessive illegal immigration. However, I think the UK should insist it maintains a local watching brief to ensure the people shipped to Rwanda are treated fairly in return for the millions the UK is paying Rwanda for the service...
I would like to think given time the Rwanda option will be just seen as a reason for economic migrants to think twice about their prefered destination .
From what Ive heard ,Families ,women and children asylum cases will be processed at the new facility they are building in Yorkshire on an old RAF base . Single men (more likely economic chancers) will be flown to Africa .

I dont think Rwanda will care less what happens to them , They can stay in the designated hostel  or catch a train home 

patman post

As a way of discouraging would-be asylum seekers from paying traffickers to dangerously ship them across the channel in unsafe boats, it might eventually work. But it doesn't immediately look like the ideal humanitarian solution.

Nevertheless, it does appear to be a practical way of handling the UK's problem of excessive illegal immigration. However, I think the UK should insist it maintains a local watching brief to ensure the people shipped to Rwanda are treated fairly in return for the millions the UK is paying Rwanda for the service...

Streetwalker

UK to give asylum seekers one-way ticket to Rwanda - BBC News

And not before time . 

Not sure if Rwanda should be used as a drop off point but as long as it stops economic migrants thinking they can just enter the UK without fear of deportation Im all for it .

Whether it will work out when the lefty lawyers have got their teeth into it is another matter .