One way ticket to Rwanda

Started by Streetwalker, April 14, 2022, 12:20:01 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2022, 10:10:57 AM
I'm not right wing but how the hell can these people be refugees coming from a democracy about to join the eu (another good reason we left) not using a brush to paint all Albanians but a good proportion have come here and engaged in criminality.

They're not asylum seekers and should be deported back to France on arrival.
You are wasting your time typing, it is a victory for corporate charities and Albanian criminals. As we gone over it at least a thousand times if they really wanted something done about it in the Westminster party it would have been decades ago. They would rather sneer and call everyone names who dare speak up, which you yourself know because you had to defend your stance automatically. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2022, 09:54:08 AM
They are not illegal immigrants, they are "arriving passengers" from now on.
And you thought Priti Patel was bad, the Home Office just got worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/26/home-office-u-turn-over-deportation-of-albanian-asylum-seekers

I'm not right wing but how the hell can these people be refugees coming from a democracy about to join the eu (another good reason we left) not using a brush to paint all Albanians but a good proportion have come here and engaged in criminality.

They're not asylum seekers and should be deported back to France on arrival.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

They are not illegal immigrants, they are "arriving passengers" from now on.
And you thought Priti Patel was bad, the Home Office just got worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/26/home-office-u-turn-over-deportation-of-albanian-asylum-seekers

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on April 19, 2022, 07:03:31 PM
More than a bit rich mayhem criticising this,rancid old has been and failure and principal pantomime boy Yvette cooper claiming it's all unethical,bit like your support for the Iraq war and your vote supporting it which you stand by.
I tuned in to the Parliamentary session and found it all a bit odd. They have a chance to debate and vote on Thursday so I really couldn't see the point of Boris' apology and then statement about Ukraine. Surely the focus could have been on Ukraine etc and leave the rest til then, except it was a chance to see the colour of Conservative jibs. No doubt pressure will go into overdrive over the next 48 hours. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

cromwell

More than a bit rich mayhem criticising this,rancid old has been and failure and principal pantomime boy Yvette cooper claiming it's all unethical,bit like your support for the Iraq war and your vote supporting it which you stand by.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

:)

Here we go . 

The small print of the deal with Rwanda reveals that ''A portion of Rwandas own most vulnerable refugees will be brought here to live in the UK'' 

Most vulnerable will no doubt include those unable for various reasons to work . We have in fact swapped boatloads of economic migrants for plane loads of people who will be  dependent on the state .

Another fail from the Never trust a Tory party 

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on April 17, 2022, 10:28:44 AM
Can't blame people looking for a better life and sure genuine asylum seekers deserve help but most are economic migrants and we can't take them all in.
I have never blamed the illegals for trying it on to get in here. 
The blame lies entirely with our government and their adherence to the handwringingof snowflake lawyers we really should we cport somewhere and see if they can drown en route.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 17, 2022, 06:43:03 PM
When Jesus said to love one another it meant Christians. When He said to love your neighbour, it meant that.
When the Bible said never move a border stone or marker, it was for a reason.
We need to look after our own first, then we might be able to look after some people from war torn areas who need our rhelp, because the Bible says a country is judged by how it treats foreigners.

Happy resurrection Sunday.
So for some, Christianity is no more all-embracing and charitable than the other religions it tends to pitch itself against...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on April 17, 2022, 06:43:03 PM
When Jesus said to love one another it meant Christians. When He said to love your neighbour, it meant that.
We need to look after our own first, then we might be able to look after some people from war torn areas who need our rhelp, because the Bible says a country is judged by how it treats foreigners.

I'd be interested to know your quotes. All mankind are God's children and all will be saved regardless of colour, creed or anything else. Their judgement on the other hand will depend on their behaviour and their acceptance of Jesus and His atonement and their own repentance. That love that Jesus imparted to His Disciples was not intended as a cult excluding all others, hence the story of the good Samaritan among others.

Ref Mogg earlier  -  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10726095/Archbishop-Canterbury-delivers-stinging-Easter-sermon-attacking-Rwanda-migrant-plan.html

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on April 17, 2022, 12:56:00 PM
I can't help but disagree with the Archbishop. It is true that Jesus said to love one another and if we were turning boats around risking drowning then I would agree, but we don't have infinite space. To send single economic migrants somewhere and apparently provide housing, training etc to enable a new life should they decide to make real use of it seems in line with God's expectations to me. I just wonder what we are actually achieving for those remaining here. Is it really better? We are apparently still going to retain those who are real asylum seekers with families.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I just heard Jacob Rees-Mogg disagree with Welby to the affect that a) we are not abdicating our responsibilities to the migrants b) we are attempting to remove the business of those who have made a fortune from moving migrants.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on April 17, 2022, 01:11:31 PM
The government's plan to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda is "the opposite of the nature of God", the Archbishop of Canterbury has said.

In his Easter sermon, Justin Welby said Christ's resurrection was not the time for "subcontracting our responsibilities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61130841

I'm not a theologian, but doesn't the archbishop believe Christ crucified "for us" to take away the sins of the world? Surely that's a prime example of "subcontracting our responsibilities" and out-sourcing our guilt...?
Not exactly but it's one way of looking at it I guess. 

patman post

The government's plan to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda is "the opposite of the nature of God", the Archbishop of Canterbury has said.

In his Easter sermon, Justin Welby said Christ's resurrection was not the time for "subcontracting our responsibilities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61130841

I'm not a theologian, but doesn't the archbishop believe Christ crucified "for us" to take away the sins of the world? Surely that's a prime example of "subcontracting our responsibilities" and out-sourcing our guilt...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on April 17, 2022, 12:44:07 PM
Rwanda is generally safe and crime levels are relatively low, but street crime does occur. There have been reports of burglary, theft and mugging in Kigali in recent months. You should take precautions with valuables and remain vigilant.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/rwanda/print

Apart from not mentioning car wheel thefts, it sounds not unlike Manchester...
Like anywhere in the world, if you go out with big gold chains around your neck you're going to be in trouble. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 17, 2022, 10:16:51 AM
Archbishop of Canterbury blasts Boris Johnson's 'ungodly' Rwanda refugees plan - Mirror Online

See the usual suspects are piling in .  Maybe we could send the arch Bishop over there to make it less ungodly . Im sure all the mussas will take great comfort in his sermons .
I can't help but disagree with the Archbishop. It is true that Jesus said to love one another and if we were turning boats around risking drowning then I would agree, but we don't have infinite space. To send single economic migrants somewhere and apparently provide housing, training etc to enable a new life should they decide to make real use of it seems in line with God's expectations to me. I just wonder what we are actually achieving for those remaining here. Is it really better? We are apparently still going to retain those who are real asylum seekers with families.