The charity industry

Started by cromwell, April 17, 2022, 10:19:25 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on April 17, 2022, 07:44:36 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it as some God bothers would like.

It's those that mourn or are harmed by her passing that need consolation.

The neighbour herself is now free of any demons that were persecuting her...

Thanks.

I didn't like the woman. Like a lot of other people with emotional problems she was pretty hard to like. But if she had any happy times I reckon they were pretty few and far between.

I have just be adopted by another one of God's walking wounded. Christ knows he is enough to make the Almighty's piles bleed. But I will try harder with this one.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on April 17, 2022, 11:47:29 AM
++
My neighbour has just topped herself.

She was a waste of space, but maybe if I had listened to her a bit more she would not have taken that overdose.
Don't beat yourself up about it as some God bothers would like.

It's those that mourn or are harmed by her passing that need consolation.

The neighbour herself is now free of any demons that were persecuting her...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on April 17, 2022, 11:47:29 AM
++

She was a waste of space, but maybe if I had listened to her a bit more she would not have taken that overdose.
How awkward and inconvenient is that. Then there's all the emotions, like, should I have done more, guilt, self blaming, listened more? However, I can't see any of those affecting you, Borky, so hope you have a good day down the allotments.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 17, 2022, 01:49:29 PM
I thought trustees were above employees , who exactly has the authority to remove them for doing their jobs ?

It is all a bit vague, but if the general feeling is that they are not doing their job then the rest of the trustees can vote them out.

Not wishing to cast asparagus, but in my experience remarkably few charities seem to have either a decent set of books or Trustees who know what is going on.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I thought trustees were above employees , who exactly has the authority to remove them for doing their jobs ?

Borchester

++
Quote from: cromwell on April 17, 2022, 10:19:25 AM
Due for an overhaul,read today the actors charity booted out the trustees for bullying (asking where the cash was going) and Mind in Wales where the staff were laughing whilst another was trying to help a caller considering suicide also describing people with mental health problems a waste of space.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10725421/TV-legends-Dame-Sian-Phillips-James-Bolam-ousted-actors-charity-hit-bullying-claims.html

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Due for an overhaul,read today the actors charity booted out the trustees for bullying (asking where the cash was going) and Mind in Wales where the staff were laughing whilst another was trying to help a caller considering suicide also describing people with mental health problems a waste of space.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10725421/TV-legends-Dame-Sian-Phillips-James-Bolam-ousted-actors-charity-hit-bullying-claims.html
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?