So, local elections in May. Who to vote for?

Started by Borchester, April 19, 2022, 11:05:30 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on May 06, 2022, 08:11:02 PM
In the end my anti-Tory tactical vote went to the Green Party, because that was the best option for beating the Tory in our ward. And the Green candidate got in. I would have preferred a Lib Dem but they stood no chance here and nor did Labour.  I was unaware of the potential figures when I made my previous comment.
bad day for the union , and extremely poor results for the labour party quackers.

I hear england is still the only nation that is struggling on with the outdated anti democratic fptp stitch up at voting time. tut tut.

...and the slide continues...............
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

Quote from: HDQQ on April 21, 2022, 11:38:01 PM
For me it's all about getting the Tories out and in our area the Lib Dems are the only party that ever gets enough votes to do that - as they have done in the past.
So, despite my unhappiness about Nick Clegg effectively giving my vote to the Tories by means of the coalition, they are the only sensible option.
In the end my anti-Tory tactical vote went to the Green Party, because that was the best option for beating the Tory in our ward. And the Green candidate got in. I would have preferred a Lib Dem but they stood no chance here and nor did Labour.  I was unaware of the potential figures when I made my previous comment.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

B0ycey

If you are happy with how your constituency is performing then keep whoever is running it I guess. But if not you should change it anyway. I wouldn't vote Tories whatever given Partygate but I have also witnessed how terrible they are at running a council. 

Borchester

You votes Tories in once due to Brexit and then you are left with the Bill and cuts as a thank you.

I guess that has answered it for me.

A vote for Labour is a vote for the EU.

The left always spends more on services because they are so bloody incompetent. Plus, having spent much of my 30 years in HMRC chasing various leftwing quangos, I have come to the realisation that a major problem that the brothers Brothers and Sisters have is that at bottom, they don't believe that stealing is wrong.

I will vote Tory. The local candidate is a pushy little Hindu princess, but hopefully her villainy will be creative
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 22, 2022, 09:30:13 AM
::)

Negrini lands cushty consultancy with ex-council supplier | Inside Croydon

Newman leaves it to others to clear up as he quits as leader | Inside Croydon

Not in my experiance they dont . In fact they run them very badly and should be kept as far away from the public purse as possible . If and thats a big if ,anyone from that party knocked on any doors around here they would be chased out of town .

Thieves and fraudsters at the top and thick lemmings at the bottom ,a horrible lot that has lied repeatedly to the people of Croydon while filling their pockets as the Council spiralled into finacial armegedon .

And we are not the only Labour council that has followed that particular blueprint

I really do hope they are wiped out though , non of them ,not one ,deserves the honour of representing us

Isnt it ironic we have had the same experience but with different parties. Perhaps it is true that New Labour are indeed Tories with Red rosettes. But in any case it seems the councillor in Croydon was corrupt whereas I have witnessed vital services being closed down for no good reason. Which then leads me back to Johnson. I thought his manifesto pledge was to build more hospitals not close down or shrink the ones we have. But I guess you should expect that with the Tories. You votes Tories in once due to Brexit and then you are left with the Bill and cuts as a thank you.

patman post

We're having local mayor election in Hackney. There are five candidates: the incumbent (Cooperative Labour), LibDem, Conservative, Green and, the most interesting to me, one who's campaigning for the abolition of directly elected mayors. 

The current mayor will be re-elected, but it would be good to see him and his cohorts get their noses bloodied enough to help them realise that public consultations are not just boxes to be ticked, but provide input that should be evaluated...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on April 22, 2022, 07:53:55 AM
Labour have always ran councils very well in my experience and certainly better than the Tories ever did.
::)

Negrini lands cushty consultancy with ex-council supplier | Inside Croydon

Newman leaves it to others to clear up as he quits as leader | Inside Croydon

Not in my experiance they dont . In fact they run them very badly and should be kept as far away from the public purse as possible . If and thats a big if ,anyone from that party knocked on any doors around here they would be chased out of town .

Thieves and fraudsters at the top and thick lemmings at the bottom ,a horrible lot that has lied repeatedly to the people of Croydon while filling their pockets as the Council spiralled into finacial armegedon .

And we are not the only Labour council that has followed that particular blueprint

I really do hope they are wiped out though , non of them ,not one ,deserves the honour of representing us

B0ycey

Quote from: HDQQ on April 21, 2022, 11:38:01 PM
For me it's all about getting the Tories out and in our area the Lib Dems are the only party that ever gets enough votes to do that - as they have done in the past.
So, despite my unhappiness about Nick Clegg effectively giving my vote to the Tories by means of the coalition, they are the only sensible option.
To be fair, these are local elections and not national ones so you should vote for the party who has the best interests for your constituency. Given the Tories are about cutting and low taxation and everyone wants services and high spending where they live, it is a miracle the Tories have ever had a single vote handed to them in a local election. I used to live in a Tory stronghold that was next to a Labour stronghold. The amount spent in the community run by Labour compared to the one run by the Tories is frankly embarrassing and all everyone did was spend their money in the high street in the Labour run town. Since Brexit, both towns are now run by the Tories and this former Labour Town was then going to lose both its Hospital and its Library before I moved. I don't know what has happened since, but what I do know is cuts to services only became an option when the Tories ran the council in that town. 

The Lib Dems are a good choice given they seem interested in local issues whenever a by election comes about. Labour have always ran councils very well in my experience and certainly better than the Tories ever did. The fact it sticks two fingers up in the air at Johnsons partying is just a bonus.

I am hoping for a bad night for Johnson come the election and Johnson to hand control to someone else who can run this country better. The problem is I have no idea who that person is. 

HDQQ

For me it's all about getting the Tories out and in our area the Lib Dems are the only party that ever gets enough votes to do that - as they have done in the past. 
So, despite my unhappiness about Nick Clegg effectively giving my vote to the Tories by means of the coalition, they are the only sensible option.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 19, 2022, 11:05:30 AM
As I have probably posted, I like the local Labour Councillor, but I don't want to encourage Sir Stodge and the rest of Brussels Bumboys, so I will vote Tory.

How about you guys?
It is a problem.

Labour is a definite no-no.

Plaid deserve one of their cottage incendiaries inserted rectally and ignited.

The Lib Dems need to be given a good kicking not least because the bitch in this ward has been here too long. thinks she is wanted and has no interest in putting her efforts towards brightening the town centre up from its dismal sickness

There are, alas, no independents in my ward.

That leaves the proven corrupt tory scum. But their chance of success is about that of me winning the euromillions without buying a ticket, so I think a vote for them might actually help.

And after all,if one of the scum gets in here it will only go to no overall control. And that would be a useful kick in the nadgers
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

As I have probably posted, I like the local Labour Councillor, but I don't want to encourage Sir Stodge and the rest of Brussels Bumboys, so I will vote Tory.

How about you guys?
Yep, same here. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

How about you guys?

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Borkie don't vote Tories! 

Streetwalker

Its only the three main party's standing in Croydon 

The in-situ Labour party have bankrupted the council , the main fraudsters  resiged last year with golden handshakes while closing community centres ,Youth clubs and meals on wheels for old folk . 

The Lib Dems do what the lib dems do , make a fecking nuisence of themselves while telling us what they do is for our own good . We done this , we done that  their flyer states . Nobody has ever been elected from that party in this area yet they still think they are important . In fact I beat them into 4th place standing for the closet racists , fruitcakes and looney tunes last time out .

That leaves the tories who have done nothing in opposition to Labour so why would anyone think they would be any better ?

Its a pretty poor choice ,in fact its no choice at all ,I think I will give it a miss. 

T00ts

How about you guys?
I don't think I have a vote this time. It isn't all councils is it? That's actually a bit of a relief.

Borchester

How about you guys?
Algerie Francais !