Youre under arrest for possession of an offensive stare

Started by cromwell, April 19, 2022, 02:09:33 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on April 19, 2022, 05:22:54 PM
I had forgotten that but you definitely have a point. Start a petition! Perhaps Khan's next move will be to put all women in long dresses and veils.
ACTUALLY the first thing he did was ban THIS

Melissa's Musical Theatre Group are putting the show on in three weeks time; She **ISNT** in this one but the way she's going in three years time she ruddy well might as well be
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on April 19, 2022, 05:22:54 PM
I had forgotten that but you definitely have a point. Start a petition! Perhaps Khan's next move will be to put all women in long dresses and veils.
Believe me ,he would if he could . 

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 19, 2022, 05:13:27 PM
I think I may have mentioned this before Toots but the first thing Saddo Khan did on becoming Mayor was to remove all the ads on the tube that had pretty swimsuited women on them because if I remember right they demeaned women . He wanted them all covered up preferably with headscarves and permanent face coverings .

Now of course us chaps have nothing to look so will have a look around . Some may stare or as you say let their gaze stay fixed longer than intended .
Its not hard to work out , put the posters back up and the staring will stop overnight .

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on April 19, 2022, 02:38:22 PM
This reminds me of me as a little girl sitting in a restaurant with both parents waiting for the waiter. Suddenly I was in terrible trouble because I had apparently been staring across the room. At what I don't know but it was bad enough for me to nearly miss the meal. I lived in dread from then on about letting my gaze stay on any one point longer than a second. I guess that was an innocent stare but some men do have a nasty habit of not so much staring but leering at women. It can be quite intimidating.  I wonder if that would be ok but a simple stare punishable. How on earth would anyone quantify it? There is a limit on how long you can sit looking up at the maps and ads on the tube even for the best of us. The seat positioning isn't really helpful either.
I think I may have mentioned this before Toots but the first thing Saddo Khan did on becoming Mayor was to remove all the ads on the tube that had pretty swimsuited women on them because if I remember right they demeaned women . He wanted them all covered up preferably with headscarves and permanent face coverings . 

Now of course us chaps have nothing to look so will have a look around . Some may stare or as you say let their gaze stay fixed longer than intended . 
Its not hard to work out , put the posters back up and the staring will stop overnight . 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on April 19, 2022, 02:09:33 PM
Apparently some chief super wants men arrested and convicted for staring,staring and disconcerting or frightening women ain't nice but.....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10726347/Top-detective-warns-staring-Tube-prosecuted-calls-people-report-incidents.html
This reminds me of me as a little girl sitting in a restaurant with both parents waiting for the waiter. Suddenly I was in terrible trouble because I had apparently been staring across the room. At what I don't know but it was bad enough for me to nearly miss the meal. I lived in dread from then on about letting my gaze stay on any one point longer than a second. I guess that was an innocent stare but some men do have a nasty habit of not so much staring but leering at women. It can be quite intimidating.  I wonder if that would be ok but a simple stare punishable. How on earth would anyone quantify it? There is a limit on how long you can sit looking up at the maps and ads on the tube even for the best of us. The seat positioning isn't really helpful either.

cromwell

Apparently some chief super wants men arrested and convicted for staring,staring and disconcerting or frightening women ain't nice but.....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10726347/Top-detective-warns-staring-Tube-prosecuted-calls-people-report-incidents.html
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?