Is it time up for Boris?

Started by T00ts, April 20, 2022, 12:09:36 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on April 21, 2022, 01:20:03 PM
Starmer won't reverse Brexit Barry, it is still a divisive subject. Time might though. The EU has galavnaised its purpose since the Ukraine conflict and the question is when not if the UK want to be part of that.
Love your interpretation of galvanised, :D
the Germans are dithering and Macron is trying to play international statesman and failing miserably.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on April 20, 2022, 07:00:21 PM
Brexit is clearly undone.

Starmer won't reverse Brexit Barry, it is still a divisive subject. Time might though. The EU has galavnaised its purpose since the Ukraine conflict and the question is when not if the UK want to be part of that.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on April 21, 2022, 09:55:33 AM
You'll have to convince a majority of voters of that — and its importance relative to other events — to win an election...
They wont need a lot of convincing , the border down the Irish sea for one and the cases coming up with regard the deportation of illegal immigrants that will be judged in line with the ECHR for another .

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 20, 2022, 07:00:21 PM
You'll have to convince a majority of voters of that — and its importance relative to other events — to win an election...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on April 20, 2022, 08:15:38 PM
True.

But come the general election a lot of folk who previously vote Tory won't, which means Sir Keir will be deputy PM and Mrs Leyen will be giving the orders.
Well as much as it goes against the grain I think there may be few who have never voted tory will just to keep that scenario from happening . 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 20, 2022, 04:27:13 PM
Come the general election it will depend on the economy and the cost of living . What Boris's latest personal crisis is wont matter to anyone but the brothers and sisters as you call them . Nobody votes for them but themselves .

True.

But come the general election a lot of folk who previously vote Tory won't, which means Sir Keir will be deputy PM and Mrs Leyen will be giving the orders.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: patman post on April 20, 2022, 05:38:00 PM
Probably true. Brexit's done. Forget much else — it's the economy, stupid...
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Probably true. Brexit's done. Forget much else — it's the economy, stupid...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on April 20, 2022, 03:02:06 PM
Boris will survive the parliamentary vote. His real problem is that he is six percent behind the brothers and sisters, so come the general election Sir Stodge will waddle his way into number 10
Come the general election it will depend on the economy and the cost of living . What Boris's latest personal crisis is wont matter to anyone but the brothers and sisters as you call them . Nobody votes for them but themselves .

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 20, 2022, 01:48:25 PM
I think yesterdays show of decent was to draw out any that would oppose Johnson . They are as I type undergoing various forms of persuasion to vote with their party . As you say Toots the whipers will be doing overtime

Johnson will surive this because everyone knows he did nothing wrong bar let his Mrs come into his workspace

Boris will survive the parliamentary vote. His real problem is that he is six percent behind the brothers and sisters, so come the general election Sir Stodge will waddle his way into number 10
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 20, 2022, 01:48:25 PM
I think yesterdays show of decent was to draw out any that would oppose Johnson . They are as I type undergoing various forms of persuasion to vote with their party . As you say Toots the whipers will be doing overtime

Johnson will surive this because everyone knows he did nothing wrong bar let his Mrs come into his workspace
I do agree. It has made me question the Met even more. 

Streetwalker

T00ts

With a majority of 80 I guess that the Opposition will struggle to get Boris investigated by the Standards Commission - or whatever it's called - and I am sure that the Whips are on overtime trying to pull the Conservative party into line behind him. Yesterday's session showed quite a split on his own back benches with those in no doubt that he should resign while others were just as vehement that he should stay and that now is the wrong time for change. It must be said that loud derision from the other side of the house was very evident.

The moment has come where Conservative MPs must show their colours. Any thoughts on how many of them will vote with the Opposition?