'I don't want rising bills to mean kids miss out'

Started by GBNews, April 21, 2022, 07:00:12 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 21, 2022, 12:37:17 PM
The kids are just as happy kicking a ball about or climbing trees which costs nowt ,Im more concerned for the parents . They need their down time , happy parents = happy kids .

While Im here ,I  normally drink in the club which has always been pretty cheap in comparission to the pub . Prices are going through the roof at the moment . The clubs put 50p on a pint ,now £4.40 and the pub , well I went there with the youngests family at the weekend , 2 pints ,2 cokes and a large V&T ...go on ..........£24 ! 

And they wonder why people are drinking at home ,I get a bottle of Vodka and 8 cans of  Stella  in Ali's mini mart for that (which by the way I did on the way home ;D)
Been in pubs more frequently than usual min the last few weeks — avoiding hot crowded clubs — but I've not seen the prices you quote.

Admitted, prices vary (from £3.15 to £4.50 Guinness, bitter from £1.99 to £3.50+), and based only on three or four regular pubs, two of which are Wetherspoon.

Supermarket prices have always been under pub prices (eg, four 500ml Bishops Finger for £6,  and 1ltr Famous Grouse/ Bells/Teachers approx £20. And although we imbibe at home, I like pubs and accept I pay more — though I might baulk at your prices...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: News on April 21, 2022, 07:00:12 AM

Taxes and bills are rising, so how do small businesses - already hit by Covid - think they'll cope?

Source: 'I don't want rising bills to mean kids miss out'
The kids are just as happy kicking a ball about or climbing trees which costs nowt ,Im more concerned for the parents . They need their down time , happy parents = happy kids .

While Im here ,I  normally drink in the club which has always been pretty cheap in comparission to the pub . Prices are going through the roof at the moment . The clubs put 50p on a pint ,now £4.40 and the pub , well I went there with the youngests family at the weekend , 2 pints ,2 cokes and a large V&T ...go on ..........£24 !   

And they wonder why people are drinking at home ,I get a bottle of Vodka and 8 cans of  Stella  in Ali's mini mart for that (which by the way I did on the way home ;D)

GBNews

Taxes and bills are rising, so how do small businesses - already hit by Covid - think they'll cope?

Source: 'I don't want rising bills to mean kids miss out'