Happy Birthday your Majesty

Started by T00ts, April 21, 2022, 10:38:04 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on April 21, 2022, 05:43:19 PM
If so, the cost will probably be 100x greater than in the year she was born...
Too true! :(

patman post

If so, the cost will probably be 100x greater than in the year she was born...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on April 21, 2022, 04:34:57 PM
96 is already an excellent innings. She has been Queen longer than most of us have been alive.
Maybe she'll make a century like her Mum. Let's hope so.
Union Flag
I wonder if she does make 100 - does she have to send herself a card? Dancing

Barry

96 is already an excellent innings. She has been Queen longer than most of us have been alive.
Maybe she'll make a century like her Mum. Let's hope so.
Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Union Flag Happy Birthday to our Majesty , GSTQ Union Flag

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on April 21, 2022, 10:55:41 AM
Best wishes to Her Majesty, indeed. The Queen has been a comforting and stabilising figurehead for this and other countries for around three-quarters of a century. Her one public faux pas, for whatever reason, was her total absence from public view after Diana's death.

But, I reckon from what I've seen, Her Majesty is still bright enough to sort the wheat from the chaff in negative coverage of the actions of close members of her family...
I think on that occasion her whole focus was the boys. She saw her role as protecting them at least for the first days and then the hysteria came as a surprise. Perhaps if it had happened while in London instead of at Balmoral which had always been their favourite holiday home, she might have had her finger more on the pulse. I actually think we as a nation were very cruel and selfish to try and make Diana's death all about us, but then once again the media and political gain, had a lot to answer for.

patman post

Best wishes to Her Majesty, indeed. The Queen has been a comforting and stabilising figurehead for this and other countries for around three-quarters of a century. Her one public faux pas, for whatever reason, was her total absence from public view after Diana's death.

But, I reckon from what I've seen, Her Majesty is still bright enough to sort the wheat from the chaff in negative coverage of the actions of close members of her family...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

She has just always been there. I remember her Coronation and Charles and Anne were children when I was. I remember when Charles was a bit of a heart-throb, and Anne regularly told reporters to'naff off' while wearing backcombed hair to beat all. Her other boys didn't really feature for me until they had grown up.

It's a shame that even on her birthday her arrogant and seemingly jealous grandson cannot hold his tongue to give her a happy peaceful day. I heard that she reads all the newspapers so won't escape his vacuous blab to try and persuade Americans of his importance. I just wonder if with his move to USA he has become a republican. Democratic of course otherwise TW would be getting the locks changed!  :-\  Union Flag Union Flag  Union Flag