Putin threatens UK

Started by cromwell, April 28, 2022, 12:07:10 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

I oppose forced colonisation. And I'm in favour of countries being in charge of their own boarders and allowing in those people they're happy with.

If countries free themselves from invading nations and colonisers, I see no reason why those countries shouldn't ensure their own indigenous citizens are not disadvantaged because a powerful neighbour arms its own drafted-in populations to help those wrest back control...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: patman post on June 28, 2022, 06:19:55 PM
Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia suffered decades of native Russians being transferred on to their lands with the intention of swamping and breeding out the local populations, their cultures and languages (much like the PRC and Tibet).

With the collapse of the USSR, they finally managed to throw of the yoke of centralised totalitarian Communism and revert to deciding their own destinies. Can you blame any of the three states wanting to distance themselves completely from what's proved to be an aggressive past coloniser...?
So you oppose immigration and Multiculturalism?
People move around a lot, especially across adjacent borders.
But if you think everybody should go home from where they originally came from......

patman post

Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia suffered decades of native Russians being transferred on to their lands with the intention of swamping and breeding out the local populations, their cultures and languages (much like the PRC and Tibet). 

With the collapse of the USSR, they finally managed to throw of the yoke of centralised totalitarian Communism and revert to deciding their own destinies. Can you blame any of the three states wanting to distance themselves completely from what's proved to be an aggressive past coloniser...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry on June 28, 2022, 03:52:35 PM
I only just noticed a poll:

Should we bow to Putins threats

• Yes it's not worth risking nuclear obliteration
  • No we should stand our ground and trust in NATO.

Neither.

We've been threatened with a nuclear attack on London.
I wouldn't vote yes.
I would vote no, but not with the "trust in NATO" rider.
We need to repel Russian aggression at all costs. The cyber attack on Lithuania is an escalation against a NATO ally. Have we got some young boffins who can put the Russian Internet off?
Lithuania seem to be looking for trouble for some reason best known to themselves, by unilaterally blocking the agreed by treaty access from the main body of the RF to Kalinagrad. The EU have told them that they should lift the blockade and that EU sanctions do not apply in this instance, but the Lithuanians have chosen to ignore this advice.
It rather suggests that the Yanks have a hand in this as is usual in this kind of situation.

Barry

I only just noticed a poll:

Should we bow to Putins threats

•  Yes it's not worth risking nuclear obliteration
  •  No we should stand our ground and trust in NATO.

Neither.

We've been threatened with a nuclear attack on London.
I wouldn't vote yes.
I would vote no, but not with the "trust in NATO" rider.
We need to repel Russian aggression at all costs. The cyber attack on Lithuania is an escalation against a NATO ally. Have we got some young boffins who can put the Russian Internet off?
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas on June 27, 2022, 07:47:35 AM
i follow afshin rattansi on twitter among others scott , and i see he is posting about the lack of freedom of speech in the so called free west.

Apparently a german journalist is facing up to three years in prison in ze fatherland for reporting on events in the donbass. German authorites have accused her of spreading "fake news".

Her reply...

" I don't spread fake information, I interview civilians and translate them into German. And they closed my bank account because of this, closed my father's bank account and opened a criminal case? They'll imprison me in Germany for three years. Where is freedom of speech here?"

full story..

https://readovka.world/news/101972

Whatever side anyone is on , or wether its neither , freedom of speech means the ability to hear all sides of a story and make your own mind up rather than being corralled down a dead end and forced to hear one side only.

What a  world.

Hatun Tash (a 5'4'' woman who often stands at Speakers Corner and criticises Islam), was almost stabbed in the face, and few months ago.  Police still haven't found the attacker.  Then on Sunday, there was a scuffle (probably with some Muslims), and the police decided to arrest her, because people told the police she was to blame, but a video shows she wasn't.  Effectively, you cannot speak freely about certain things at Speakers Corner.

https://youtu.be/EISU67Xun64?t=540
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2022, 04:37:40 AM
Russia's top brass aren't so stupid as to allow an old man to dictate the end of civilisation as we know it. I can see Putin getting a bullet through the head in the future, he's clearly lost the cheese off his cracker.
They are not and in no danger of being so. Very unlike the yanks, who have precisely that very problem to deal with....

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on June 27, 2022, 04:37:40 AM
Russia's top brass aren't so stupid as to allow an old man to dictate the end of civilisation as we know it. I can see Putin getting a bullet through the head in the future, he's clearly lost the cheese off his cracker.
Well, to be blunt, they're taking their bloody time about it.

Mind you, Putin has sorted out the food shortages...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 07:31:28 PM
So no evidence then.  I guess our chat has wound up, since I have no idea what your cryptic comment means.
i follow afshin rattansi on twitter among others scott , and i see he is posting about the lack of freedom of speech in the so called free west.

Apparently a german journalist is facing up to three years in prison in ze fatherland for reporting on events in the donbass. German authorites have accused her of spreading "fake news".

Her reply...

" I don't spread fake information, I interview civilians and translate them into German. And they closed my bank account because of this, closed my father's bank account and opened a criminal case? They'll imprison me in Germany for three years. Where is freedom of speech here?"

full story..

https://readovka.world/news/101972

Whatever side anyone is on , or wether its neither , freedom of speech means the ability to hear all sides of a story and make your own mind up rather than being corralled down a dead end and forced to hear one side only.

What a  world.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2022, 07:24:43 PM
https://www.gbnews.uk/news/russia-says-london-will-be-first-to-be-bombed-if-war-breaks-out-with-nato/324351

Well, Putin has promised London will be the first place to be nuked

I'll miss Borchester and Streetwalker but frankly the place is already a mixed bag shithole and I suspect had grandad realised it would turn out like this he would have taken his radar defence work to join the rest of the family who left the Weimar Republic and set up home in Rhodesia..... What's the blast radius and which way does the prevailing wind blow ? Oh dear I see Brittannica says the prevailing wind direction in London is from the west - which means the fallout will kill off a load of frenchmen and immigrants trying to paddle their way to an illegal life here. Bring it on, I say.
Well thanks for the concern JoG .::)  But hey, going out with  the first strike will probably be the best result though I wouldn't mind hanging around long enough to see Putin get his .

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2022, 07:24:43 PM
https://www.gbnews.uk/news/russia-says-london-will-be-first-to-be-bombed-if-war-breaks-out-with-nato/324351

I'll miss Borchester and Streetwalker but frankly the place is already a mixed bag shithole and I suspect had grandad realised it would turn out like this he would have taken his radar defence work to join the rest of the family who left the Weimar Republic and set up home in Rhodesia..... What's the blast radius and which way does the prevailing wind blow ? Oh dear I see Brittannica says the prevailing wind direction in London is from the west - which means the fallout will kill off a load of frenchmen and immigrants trying to paddle their way to an illegal life here. Bring it on, I say.
Russia's top brass aren't so stupid as to allow an old man to dictate the end of civilisation as we know it. I can see Putin getting a bullet through the head in the future, he's clearly lost the cheese off his cracker. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2022, 07:00:17 PM
Don't think we need to be concerned about Russia's conventional threat. On the Ukrainian showing, the U.K. would wipe Russia of the map, and that's why Putin uses the nuclear threat all the time. He's taken Russia back 40 years in a matter of months, and he's not even going to win.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baff

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 01:41:33 PM
No it isn't the point,we're supporting a democratically elected govt against an invasion.
So is Putin.

They sent "nazi's" to invade the ones Putin is defending.
And they did bad things.

Difficult to find somone to love in this asshat convention of a war.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 16, 2022, 07:25:56 PM
Oh but he was, according to all the media.  Has it not occurred to you that all you know about Putin's threat is what the media tells you?
Has it not occurred to you many people have a brain of their own and use it,Sputum his foreign minister,his attitude and others along with his actions tell me all I need to know.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?