Putin threatens UK

Started by cromwell, April 28, 2022, 12:07:10 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2022, 10:22:33 PM
It is seriously f**ked up that we are giving money and weapons to the Ukrainian government.  It reminds me of destroying Iraq and creating angry terrorists.  Bunch of f**king war-mongering c**ts, and so many stupid childish c**ts keep supporting this sh*t.  😕
Yeah! Who in their right mind opposes a dictator and his army raping women and shooting civilians in the back? I'm so glad you showed me the error of my ways 😳. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

It is seriously f**ked up that we are giving money and weapons to the Ukrainian government.  It reminds me of destroying Iraq and creating angry terrorists.  Bunch of f**king war-mongering c**ts, and so many stupid childish c**ts keep supporting this sh*t.  😕
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Baff on May 14, 2022, 06:41:15 PM
I'm assuming there will be some Russian payback for our actions somewhere down the line.
Arming Argentina or the IRA was the kind of thing I was expecting.

Some future enemy our troops are facing.

I can't say I'm taking the nuclear threat seriously.
Well they do seem to be collecting a very, very large number of all these NLAW's and Javalins etc etc, that we have been giving away. I bet a fair number find there way to active zones and the hands of people that we don't particularly like.

Baff

I'm assuming there will be some Russian payback for our actions somewhere down the line.
Arming Argentina or the IRA was the kind of thing I was expecting.

Some future enemy our troops are facing.

I can't say I'm taking the nuclear threat seriously.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 01, 2022, 11:20:18 PM
No, you don't only negotiate with an aggressor.  Both sides are required in any negotiation, so are both sides always aggressors?
Most people see it,can't see why you don't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on April 28, 2022, 03:48:02 PM
If we are not prepared to attack Russia and they are not prepared to listen to anything like reason, is there an alternative?

What makes you think Russia will not listen to reason?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on April 28, 2022, 12:07:10 AM
So Putin makes outright and veiled threats,would he use nukes,should we bow to his threats?

For me no we should stand firm and continue to supply the Ukraine you cannot give way to such threats.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61224804

Perhaps you could help me through the miasma of BBC propaganda, and explain what these 'threats' entail, as there is no proper article.

patman post

Except that Russia has been shown to be so much weaker than its posturing — supported by its mouthpieces  — would have had the world believe.

And now, Putin is destroying his own face-saving get out by rubbishing the status quo ante, while thousands more people die...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: patman post on April 28, 2022, 04:06:12 PM
General consensus is that Kennedy brought the world to the brink of nuclear war in 1962 when he confronted Khrushchev, and this was at the height of the Cold War — so maybe tough talking can work...
Yes but that time the US had more to lose than the Soviets.
This time it is precisely the reverse.
Now is you want to play bluff and chicken with the country that has given us a very particular form of Roulette.......

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on April 28, 2022, 03:48:02 PM
Do you have any idea how? It seems that no-one even in Russia can do that. If we are not prepared to attack Russia and they are not prepared to listen to anything like reason, is there an alternative?
The alternative is a UN resolution telling Russia to withdraw or face military consequences. That is impossible because the UN is impotent because of the veto of the superpowers.
NATO cannot properly act as Ukraine is not in NATO.
The USA sit behind the scenes, pulling strings as Hunter Biden has many interests in the Ukraine.
The EU claims to be united against Russia whilst buying their gas.
It will take a coalition of countries working outside of the UN or NATO to repel Russia. Last time that happened was Iraq and it really did not end well. We provoked a huge mess. Every action has unintended and unforeseen consequences.

I'm no diplomat, I'm just a keyboard warrior.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

General consensus is that Kennedy brought the world to the brink of nuclear war in 1962 when he confronted Khrushchev, and this was at the height of the Cold War — so maybe tough talking can work...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on April 28, 2022, 03:41:09 PM
I fixed it for you.

Can't vote for either of these.
I don't care about risking nuclear obliteration.
I would never put my trust in NATO.
I'm really quite unsure about the propaganda we are being fed. I don't support Russia. I tend towards supporting Ukraine as they appear to have been unlawfully invaded by a superpower.
That superpower needs to be held to account.
Do you have any idea how? It seems that no-one even in Russia can do that. If we are not prepared to attack Russia and they are not prepared to listen to anything like reason, is there an alternative?

Barry

QuoteShould we bow to Putin's threats

• [highlight]1 Yes it's not worth risking nuclear obliteration[/highlight]
  • [highlight]2  No we should stand our ground and trust in NATO.[/highlight]

I fixed it for you.

Can't vote for either of these.
I don't care about risking nuclear obliteration.
I would never put my trust in NATO.
I'm really quite unsure about the propaganda we are being fed. I don't support Russia. I tend towards supporting Ukraine as they appear to have been unlawfully invaded by a superpower.
That superpower needs to be held to account.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Did anyone see the first episode of Piers Morgan's interview of Donald Trump?

I can't say I've ever found either character likeable, but Morgan coaxed Trump to say how he would have dealt with Putin and his invasion of Ukraine, and I found Trump's response strangely comforting.

Trump said firstly there'd be no war if he was President — but moving on, in essence Trump then said that Putin should give up using the word 'nuclear'. Trump continued to say that if Putin insisted on threatening nuclear response, he would tell Putin that we (presumably the USA) had a hundred times more nuclear weapons than Russia and that if Russia even attempted to use nuclear weapons, its ability to wage war would be obliterated!!!

Is that the response that's required? I don't know, but it's the first time I've heard anyone with a sniff of real world power actually proposing to confront Putin using his own language...

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 28, 2022, 11:01:41 AM
 has she missed her meds??

How can a war about which passport a few million Russians hold, possible be worth such consequences?

Just for those who are not such what those are....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

Two questions . That Putin should check himself on.