Putin to hand over power?

Started by Barry, April 30, 2022, 06:01:35 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 08, 2022, 09:01:01 AM
It is. OK was maybe. I can't find any images of it, but the company that started in Hirwaun in the derelict former brewhouse that a relative of my grandmother owned, which made him one of the seven people to get a vote in the 1832 reform act, whose first welsh whisky was stored for the absolute minimum needed to be called a whisky and tasted like paint stripper, bottled just such an offering about a decade ago.
:D

Borkie will be pleased. The welsh have al the ingredients at the ready to make their own whiskey........celtic charm , wit and intelligence coupled with copious amounts of pure and fresh water.

You know i did  a tour of the west brewery at the glesga green the other week. German brewery started by a german woman who fell in love with glesga , and the guy was telling us that the advantage they have over the english brewers was the quality of our water compared to the shite they drink in england.

Im sure wales must be the same. You just need to refine the art of turning poiteen into a fine single malt and you are there.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 08, 2022, 08:51:10 AM
Borkie thinks owain glyndwr is a welsh whiskey.
It is. OK was maybe. I can't find any images of it, but the company that started in Hirwaun in the derelict former brewhouse that a relative of my grandmother owned, which made him one of the seven people to get a vote in the 1832 reform act, whose first welsh whisky was stored for the absolute minimum needed to be called a whisky and tasted like paint stripper, bottled just such an offering about a decade ago.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 08, 2022, 08:44:17 AM
Not really. Wales has lots of rocks at the top of lots of hills and it's a bugger trying to dodge them being chucked downwards at you. As my ancestors found out.
i know john , but history and geography was never borkies strong point.

Borkie thinks owain glyndwr is a welsh whiskey. As for north britain , borkie tells me labour won in glasgow  , yet hasnt set foot in the place since he sailed a tug boat up the clyde as far as the govan dry dock in the mid sixties when he did a bit of service .

While he makes the equivalent of england invading wales , it never occurs to him that little england could fit inside ukraine about 100 times over , never mind its obscurity in relevance to the size of mother russia.

I tell you john , if the chelsea pensioners were on the front line in the donbass , the russians wouldnt stand a chance.:D

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on May 01, 2022, 04:06:55 PM

Mass mobilisation! The Ukrainians are putting up a gallant defence, but it is still only the Ukraine. It is the equivalent of England invading Wales.

Not really. Wales has lots of rocks at the top of lots of hills and it's a bugger trying to dodge them being chucked downwards at you. As my ancestors found out.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 07, 2022, 06:11:59 PM
Well, if you posted the correct link, I wouldn't need to audit your posts, you auld wally. :P
Old? yep Wally? if you say so..... duck,back water and all that. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

fack s a k e  the mods are having to be moderated and watched. :D

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 05:33:34 PM
Wow didn't know you were auditing my posts :P,what does it have to do?.....well he handed over his boat......involuntary.
Well, if you posted the correct link, I wouldn't need to audit your posts, you auld wally. :P
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 07, 2022, 03:15:31 PM
That's a link to the index page of the Daily Fail. What does it have to do with Putin handing over power?
Wow didn't know you were auditing my posts :P,what does it have to do?.....well he handed over his boat......involuntary.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 10:20:59 AM
A man,his special operation (land thief) and his (very luxurious) Canoe :D
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
That's a link to the index page of the Daily Fail. What does it have to do with Putin handing over power?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

A man,his special operation (land thief) and his (very luxurious) Canoe :D
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Good old

Quote from: Barry on May 01, 2022, 03:53:55 PM
This could be used as an excuse for a change of policy. i.e. an end to the Russian aggression which started a war without a good enough cause.
I hope so.

It would be great if things worked out like that. Personally I take these reports with a pinch of salt. On the other hand, if these reports were true but about someone else in his team having health problems of this kind, it would be thought sound to consider that individual was actually being removed from the game. 
Live in hope,, but might be wishful thinking.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on May 01, 2022, 03:53:55 PM
This could be used aThe news comes amid speculation Putin will launch an all-out war across Ukraine and order mass mobilisation of military-age men, a considerable political risk.s an excuse for a change of policy. i.e. an end to the Russian aggression which started a war without a good enough cause.
I hope so.

Let us hope so.

According to the Mail...

The news comes amid speculation Putin will launch an all-out war across Ukraine and order mass mobilisation of military-age men, a considerable political risk.

Mass mobilisation! The Ukrainians are putting up a gallant defence, but it is still only the Ukraine. It is the equivalent of England invading Wales.

I have made a number of comments about Putin being senile, but I didn't really believe them. 
Algerie Francais !

Barry

This could be used as an excuse for a change of policy. i.e. an end to the Russian aggression which started a war without a good enough cause.
I hope so.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on May 01, 2022, 10:04:06 AM
They are saying that the chap he is handing over to in the interim is a real hardliner/ex KGB so another from the same stable. I guess it's wrong to hope for mistake on the operating table.
I guess he might go for convalescence and never come back.......with any luck.