It talks again

Started by cromwell, May 01, 2022, 01:38:16 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 01, 2022, 07:10:52 PM
Tony Blair got Labour into power again after 18 years in the wilderness by moving to the centre.

Labour has been in the wilderness for 17 years so far this time. I doubt the rump of its supporters — or wavering Tory voters — will really object to Blair's know-how in becoming electable again...
Labour will remain unelectable because not even they know who they are. A remain bench with 15 million leave voters for a start. At least the Tories are despicable enough to re-enact what the country wanted. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Tony Blair got Labour into power again after 18 years in the wilderness by moving to the centre.

Labour has been in the wilderness for 17 years so far this time. I doubt the rump of its supporters — or wavering Tory voters — will really object to Blair's know-how in becoming electable again...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on May 01, 2022, 01:38:16 AM
Why doesn't he just sod off,good few comments in the section show he's living in a world of his own.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/things-better-millions-after-labours-26835659
Poor little sod.

I am always reminded of Churchill's comment in that he would leave his reputation to the judgement of history, particularly as he intended to write that history himself.

Tony's problem is that he didn't just want to be prime minister, he wanted to be loved as well. He didn't do a bad job while he was in number 10, it is just that he can't let it go.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

And like in real life he finnished his story before he mentioned  the cost of it all . 

cromwell

Why doesn't he just sod off,good few comments in the section show he's living in a world of his own.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/things-better-millions-after-labours-26835659
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?