Abortion

Started by Barry, May 04, 2022, 04:11:40 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Some of the Bible Belt in the asylum are not unlike the taliban in their religious but often fake fervour.

I read that a demonstration against this ruling had a lorry plow in to it,this is the result of uncle Donald's placements.

Good old Don won fair and square first time around then cried foul when he lost in a similar manner and would've seen civil war, even his daughter thinks him wrong.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this it only convinces the US is a looney bin.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 24, 2022, 10:07:02 PM
Doesn't it mean more than than that?

Isn't anyone assisting someone to get an abortion now also liable to prosecution — even taxi drivers taking potential patients to airports and bus stations for travel to locations where abortion is legal?

I believe so. That's why Biden is now trying to find ways to stop such prosecutions for aiding and abetting and being an accessory to what is now defined as murder from coming about ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2022, 10:41:12 PM
Rape victims would be an exception for me.
But not for the nutters celebrating in the streets of a dozen United States tonight. Perhaps the most ironic of their number was the rainbow warrior clearly bent as a nine Bob note on the BBC news stating he will not celebrate until abortion is eradicated from the face of the earth.

The irony of the fact he would be horrified at the prospect of sex with a woman seemed utterly lost on the BBC

The world's gone mad
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2022, 10:40:02 PM
Not so good news for rape victims and mothers who will use backstreet techniques.
Rape victims would be an exception for me. 
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2022, 05:13:01 PM
And Roe v Wade has been overturned thanks to judges put in place during Trump's presidency.

Good news for unborn children.
Not so good news for rape victims and mothers who will use backstreet techniques.

patman post

Doesn't it mean more than than that?

Isn't anyone assisting someone to get an abortion now also liable to prosecution — even taxi drivers taking potential patients to airports and bus stations for travel to locations where abortion is legal?

My sympathy turned off from Pro Life when they bombed their opponents...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

I'm not totally anti-abortion. I believe there are rare cases where it is preferable to the pregnancy proceeding to term. There are all sorts of pro minorities now. We are expected to see gay rights, trans rights, racial equality, sexual equality, but there are few who stand up for the rights of the unborn child, who has done nothing to deserve being killed.

As far as I know, this means there is no universal right to abortion across the USA, so the laws relating to abortion reverts to the individual State's laws, so there will probably be 50 different versions.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on June 24, 2022, 05:52:13 PMI guess once again we look to society to stand for those less fortunate.
Sadly, society - in the form of the governments it elects - signally fails to do that all too often.

Which is why legally enforced rights are important.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

And Roe v Wade has been overturned thanks to judges put in place during Trump's presidency.

I know you are very staunchly anti-abortion and I have not seen how this law operates but is there provision for mothers who are sick to abort or are we back into the days where mothers are allowed to die? My daughter had a situation where her son had not developed lungs properly and she was advised to abort. After a lot of thought she did as she was advised but I saw the heartbreak she and her husband suffered. So where I was anti-abortion my heart has softened to those facing this sort of problem. Where abortion is used as a type of contraception then it is wrong but people do make mistakes so if they have an unwanted child perhaps better provision through adoption or financial support is the way to go. I guess once again we look to society to stand for those less fortunate.

B0ycey

The irony is the demographic who can't afford to leave state to have an abortion are the very demographic that don't vote Republican. Perhaps in the future we can expect Texas to turn blue. Lots of Latino births in the future it seems. Like the Cane Toad in Queenland, this might be a mistake that is unforeseen.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on May 19, 2022, 12:06:06 PM
My view is it that all depends on context and the stage of the pregnancy.

Generally, 24 weeks is the point at which doctors will attempt to save the life of a prematurely born baby even though it will mostly require extreme medical intervention and lengthy treatment in hospital.

Twenty-four weeks is also almost always the limit of the pregnancy term in the UK where approved abortion procedures can be undertaken.

This currently seems to be the safest and most civilised way for the UK to proceed...
And the reason it is 24 is down to a chap called Ian Harwood who invented a neat little gizmo to get the lungs to work. Curiously the exact same tech as a vaping machine....

Borchester

I believe that a woman has the right to choose and that abortion is disgusting.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

My view is it that all depends on context and the stage of the pregnancy.

Generally, 24 weeks is the point at which doctors will attempt to save the life of a prematurely born baby even though it will mostly require extreme medical intervention and lengthy treatment in hospital. 

Twenty-four weeks is also almost always the limit of the pregnancy term in the UK where approved abortion procedures can be undertaken. 

This currently seems to be the safest and most civilised way for the UK to proceed...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on May 19, 2022, 10:08:46 AM
I like the question about why it is a murder charge killing a child in the womb through a shooting or even reckless driving, but not when a perfectly healthy child is taken and destroyed by a surgeon. Legal, yes, but totally immoral. I stand, as he does, for the unborn healthy children.

The irony of a Jew in Israel trying to use their Biblical Bollox to criticise the political decisions of a country he has F@@@ all to do with is, I feel, worthy of pointing out 

Especially since he is whining about the shedding of innocent blood.

Moses Abraham and Isaac I could write all day about how the Jews kick that one into touch every time they want to slaughter a few Palestinians.