Main Menu

Why?

Started by T00ts, May 06, 2022, 09:13:44 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 09, 2022, 08:04:01 AM
Running water was an invention of the aristocrats to forcibly remove cave dwellers from their subsistence existence and force them to become white slaves to mill owners

To be fair, the shortage of water meant that they weren't that white :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on May 08, 2022, 09:12:01 AM
is there anyone on this forum apart from me and my mate patman under the age of 80?

Facking gramophone. Has cromwell got running water?
Down his leg, probably. ???
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

is there anyone on this forum apart from me and my mate patman under the age of 80?

Facking gramophone. Has cromwell got running water and electricity yet?
Running water was an invention of the aristocrats to forcibly remove cave dwellers from their subsistence existence and force them to become white slaves to mill owners 

Prior to the enclosure acts there was no mention of the need for a supply of running water in a hereditament.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 08, 2022, 11:05:45 AM
Running water?

Posh bastard.

I remember sharpening rose thorns to act as needles on the gramaphone

:)
it is manchester, where they still use outside toilets.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Running water?

Posh bastard.

I remember sharpening rose thorns to act as needles on the gramaphone

:)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 08, 2022, 08:51:07 AM
Older than me, and I remember the second verse of the sun has got its hat on being played on one

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 08, 2022, 06:33:20 AM
Gramophones? Fackin hell , just how old are you cromwell?
Older than me, and I remember the second verse of the sun has got its hat on being played on one
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 07, 2022, 09:58:48 PM
Tommy, as long as my wife comes out of hospital feeling better and happier than she went in, I don't give a wet fart in a high wind if the facilities consist of a bucket, spade and a potato trench to empty the contents in.
Good for you borkie , and im glad your wife is feeling better and happier.

...but your reply echoes the general malise im hearing from the kingdom of the saxons at the minute. In 2019 , after boris swept the dastardly labour aside , the return of the empire was just round the corner. Red coats would be back on the continent and the navy sweeping the seven seas looting the globe once more.

.....and now in 2022?

Its all about surviving for another day. Them old anglo tories are really fackin the economy up , along with the english nhs and much else arent they?

Still things are desperate for the empire , but at least no one is daft enough to put the brothers and sisters into power , well except of course in north britian where you believe wee anas won the election. :D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 10:19:20 PM
You know you should excuse Tommy,he's an aficionado  of the old gramophones.......he just loves winding things up.
Gramophones? Fackin hell , just how old are you cromwell?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 10:19:20 PM
You know you should excuse Tommy,he's an aficionado  of the old gramophones.......he just loves winding things up.

:):)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on May 07, 2022, 09:58:48 PM
Tommy, as long as my wife comes out of hospital feeling better and happier than she went in, I don't give a wet fart in a high wind if the facilities consist of a bucket, spade and a potato trench to empty the contents in.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 07, 2022, 08:52:28 PM
fack me borkie ,things are looking grim in englandshire. No money , trade deals with timbuktu the highlight of the calendar year , nhs worst of developed nations , tories getting whipped in the locals , labour winning the scottish elections and now sir keir is that bad  , even diane abbot is looking like a shoe in for the next leader of the brothers and sisters.

is that where political discourse has fallen to.........moaning about unisex toilets in the local hospitals? The question isnt about wether or not they can put unisex toilets in  , but wether they can afford the leccie to lighten them in boris broken britain.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 07, 2022, 08:44:37 PM
I have to say Toots, that I am at that stage in my life where I am delighted if I can get to a toilet: mono, unisex or a convenient bush, I am easy.

That said, I have fallen out of love with the NHS. Madam spent a couple of weeks in hospital last month and matters were pretty foul. The treatment was ok, but one thing you need when you are on the sick is a good night's sleep and she did not get one because the ward was full of nutters and smackheads howling about whatever nutters and smackheads howl about. I have told her that next time she has any problems she goes private, which has horrified her frugal Yorkshire soul, but enough is enough. The NHS was alright in the days when she would have gone rusty before she caught cold, but it ain't like that no more
fack me borkie ,things are looking grim in englandshire. No money , trade deals with timbuktu the highlight of the calendar year , nhs worst of developed nations , tories getting whipped in the locals , labour winning the scottish elections and now sir keir is that bad  , even diane abbot is looking like a shoe in for the next leader of the brothers and sisters.

is that where political discourse has fallen to.........moaning about unisex toilets in the local hospitals? The question isnt about wether or not they can put unisex toilets in  , but wether they can afford the leccie to lighten them in boris broken britain.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 06, 2022, 09:13:44 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10789291/NHS-hospitals-spent-800-000-building-nearly-740-gender-neutral-toilets-past-four-years.html

My growing disillusion with the NHS is probably well established, but for years we have been told that mixed wards would be phased out. They haven't but instead they spend the money making toilets mixed.

I have to say Toots, that I am at that stage in my life where I am delighted if I can get to a toilet: mono, unisex or a convenient bush, I am easy.

That said, I have fallen out of love with the NHS. Madam spent a couple of weeks in hospital last month and matters were pretty foul. The treatment was ok, but one thing you need when you are on the sick is a good night's sleep and she did not get one because the ward was full of nutters and smackheads howling about whatever nutters and smackheads howl about. I have told her that next time she has any problems she goes private, which has horrified her frugal Yorkshire soul, but enough is enough. The NHS was alright in the days when she would have gone rusty before she caught cold, but it ain't like that no more
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10789291/NHS-hospitals-spent-800-000-building-nearly-740-gender-neutral-toilets-past-four-years.html

My growing disillusion with the NHS is probably well established, but for years we have been told that mixed wards would be phased out. They haven't but instead they spend the money making toilets mixed.