The bible and women

Started by Barry, January 12, 2020, 12:12:41 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13793 time=1579553195 user_id=54
@Baron -You have been on my ignore list for some time already but sadly I can't avoid your posts when someone else quotes them. The only other alternative would be to leave, but then a man like you would no doubt think that women should not have an opinion anyway unless it was first vetted by a man. This whole attitude is dispicable.

The problems of modern life eh?

I think she meant despicable.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13818 time=1579579594 user_id=74
Anyhow, it is just my interpretation of the bible.

I prefer J. Vernon McGee's.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Oh well, not wishing to create a shed more disgust, the thought just crossed my mind that it is impossible for someone to be disgusted by posts less insulting than their own, or they would get so disgusted with themselves that they would not manage to complete the job and post it.

Anyhow, it is just my interpretation of the bible.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13800 time=1579554660 user_id=54
I won't leave

Good. Cromwell will be pleased. The roof of the Mod Lounge fell in over the weekend, and they need someone to mend it. He can't because of his arthritic hip and his Whippets, and BYT can't do it because she got pissed on Buckfast last night and she's in court tomorrow. They'll think she get off with a suspended sentence, but if you could just pop round and see what you can do?

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13798 time=1579554404 user_id=50
Hey! Toots can't leave! Where will we find another decent concrete layer in a Tutu!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I might just point out that concreting in a tutu would be a nightmare. I won't leave unless of course I get stuck in the latest concrete. Oh no it's ok it's already gone off!  :hattip

DeppityDawg

Hey! Toots can't leave! Where will we find another decent concrete layer in a Tutu!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13793 time=1579553195 user_id=54
@Baron - I can't bring myself to quote your post as it's been duplicated too many times already, but believe me your misunderstanding of the Gospel is as complete as your misunderstanding of the relationship between the sexes. How you have the effrontery to spout your arrant nonsense is beyond belief. It seems you have an unhealthy obsession with film from youtube to Disney.

I am absolutely sickened by your constant inference that women are beneath you, subserviant and only in being for the good of men like you. As one of the two females on this forum I make it public that I find it insulting and an abuse. I certainly would more than appreciate it if it was stopped. You have been on my ignore list for some time already but sadly I can't avoid your posts when someone else quotes them. The only other alternative would be to leave, but then a man like you would no doubt think that women should not have an opinion anyway unless it was first vetted by a man. This whole attitude is dispicable.

Please don't leave toots. You contribute a huge amount to the forum, and it would be a shame if you left because of one person's views.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

T00ts

@Baron - I can't bring myself to quote your post as it's been duplicated too many times already, but believe me your misunderstanding of the Gospel is as complete as your misunderstanding of the relationship between the sexes. How you have the effrontery to spout your arrant nonsense is beyond belief. It seems you have an unhealthy obsession with film from youtube to Disney.

I am absolutely sickened by your constant inference that women are beneath you, subserviant and only in being for the good of men like you. As one of the two females on this forum I make it public that I find it insulting and an abuse. I certainly would more than appreciate it if it was stopped. You have been on my ignore list for some time already but sadly I can't avoid your posts when someone else quotes them. The only other alternative would be to leave, but then a man like you would no doubt think that women should not have an opinion anyway unless it was first vetted by a man. This whole attitude is dispicable.

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13769 time=1579544988 user_id=50
You are either too dense to grasp that this constant shite about women causes offence, or you are doing it on purpose, precisely to cause offence.

I think its the latter.

Which is why I started to write a reply to the same post and deleted it. I wondered why I was wasting my fingers on the keyboard.

:roll:  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13776 time=1579547838 user_id=74
Nope, I am not trying to cause offence. I expect some will try it on though and pretend to be outraged.

We used to get Mr Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells on Points of View.

Now though this practice has spread from Tunbridge Wells to the entire users of Twitter. Getting disgusted can be a full-time job.

Disgusted? You aren't worth the effort, you tedious clown. Not trying to cause offence?

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13776 time=1579547838 user_id=74I think this is how it is supposed to be viewed. The woman comes to the man, offers help, man feels the woman is useful to him and the man marries her.

This is putrid shit. Listen Lotsov, women don't exist to be "useful" to "the man", in the hope he'll "marry her". Do you think we are still in the 1700s? How on earth the female posters we do have haven't lost it with you by now is a mystery to me, but you sure as hell aren't going encourage any new ones to come here. This whole thread is just a vehicle for your tedious and childish twee fantasies about women and their supposed "subservient" purpose. How about you make yourself useful and shut the feck up with the offensive nonsense.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13769 time=1579544988 user_id=50
You are either too dense to grasp that this constant shite about women causes offence, or you are doing it on purpose, precisely to cause offence.

I think its the latter.

Nope, I am not trying to cause offence. I expect some will try it on though and pretend to be outraged.

We used to get Mr Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells on Points of View.

Now though this practice has spread from Tunbridge Wells to the entire users of Twitter. Getting disgusted can be a full-time job.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13762 time=1579542040 user_id=74
By the way, this idea that women are created to be men's helpers is further developed in the New Testament where Jesus says that as they become closer they eventually become one flesh.

So try this thought experiment. Say you were only born with one hand and the woman was a hand. Then the two become one flesh, so you are now there with two hands. You would look rather stupid if you were trying to do a manual job and your left hand was arguing with your right hand.

I think this is how it is supposed to be viewed. The woman comes to the man, offers help, man feels the woman is useful to him and the man marries her.

Fast forward into the 20th century TV provided by Uncle Sam and his Hollywood stars, and you'll often recall a woman fretting about a man by saying he does not value me. There's this empty emotion of feeling unwanted, and that is of course common to all women deep in their psyche. If they don't do the natural thing, their minds send them pain messages. They try and hide it, but in films it is exploited as a common trait and feeling amongst the masses of Uncle Sam's residents. You can learn a lot about society from what things films exploit. They are our instincts, and of course in men their instinct is defence, so you have a lot of blood and guts where this is exploited to male customers of the tripe. The marketing would never work on a mass scale if the feelings were not there anyway.

I think its the latter.

Baron von Lotsov

By the way, this idea that women are created to be men's helpers is further developed in the New Testament where Jesus says that as they become closer they eventually become one flesh.

So try this thought experiment. Say you were only born with one hand and the woman was a hand. Then the two become one flesh, so you are now there with two hands. You would look rather stupid if you were trying to do a manual job and your left hand was arguing with your right hand.

I think this is how it is supposed to be viewed. The woman comes to the man, offers help, man feels the woman is useful to him and the man marries her.

Fast forward into the 20th century TV provided by Uncle Sam and his Hollywood stars, and you'll often recall a woman fretting about a man by saying he does not value me. There's this empty emotion of feeling unwanted, and that is of course common to all women deep in their psyche. If they don't do the natural thing, their minds send them pain messages. They try and hide it, but in films it is exploited as a common trait and feeling amongst the masses of Uncle Sam's residents. You can learn a lot about society from what things films exploit. They are our instincts, and of course in men their instinct is defence, so you have a lot of blood and guts where this is exploited to male customers of the tripe. The marketing would never work on a mass scale if the feelings were not there anyway.

patman post

Quote from: Barry post_id=13359 time=1579195296 user_id=51
The earth is old, but you still have faith in it when you walk on it, don't you?

The Earth is not an idea. I do not subscribe to the beliefs peddled by Phenomenalist philosophers, whether ancient or modern...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Actually the above presupposes I'm a follower of fads and simply support modern things because they are modern. I'm odd though. I neither fully support all modern things and nor to I disagree with all modern things. I decide for myself if a modern idea is better or worse.

We're getting a bit confused as well, since modern has two meanings in this context. It could mean advanced science, or it could be what artists called the modern period, which as you might know was followed by post-modernism. The former is generally accepted as having some merit, but the latter is more often used as a joke word, as per the example, "His thinking on the matter was postmodern".