Is Keir Starmer’s beergate story unravelling?

Started by Thomas, May 08, 2022, 08:35:51 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on May 09, 2022, 01:30:39 PM
This has to be one of the most stupid and I'll thought out piece of political shite throwing for many a year.
Regardless , that this politicises the police , when not called for. Which is bad enough .No Sue Gray , needed here.
Regardless, scheduled meals would always have been pre- ordered. So hardly evidence of a misdemeanour .
If the Police do as they appear to be told , and change their minds on this issue, and Starmer, should resign. What then.?  Is anyone going to be able to make the case for why ,Boris, his chancellor, and any number cabinet workers can possibly remain in post, after a whole series of rule breaking , by the actual executive.?  If this about who should resign, very poorly thought out.

Keir starmer is playing the long game they said.

Super cool lawyer who will win elections and tear boris apart they promised.

Sit back and let the  tories  implode they said.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 11:28:29 PM
What I believed has no bearing on the lefties not having it both ways. They can't say Boris broke the rules and Starmer didn't.
They both broke the rules.
Thereby taking the piss out of ordinary people.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 09, 2022, 11:16:21 PM
Nice try,you intimated all along he'd done nowt wrong
What I believed has no bearing on the lefties not having it both ways. They can't say Boris broke the rules and Starmer didn't. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 11:09:13 PM
Which he did, subsequently fined by the police which I expect Starmer to get.
Nice try,you intimated all along he'd done nowt wrong

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 09, 2022, 10:45:56 PM
You did saying he was just having a drink in his house
Which he did, subsequently fined by the police which I expect Starmer to get. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 10:20:05 PM
Where have I said Boris did nothing wrong?
You did saying he was just having a drink in his house

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 09, 2022, 09:36:48 PM
Whilst Mr Punch has painted himself in to a corner here you're trying to have it both ways,you insisted Boris had done nowt wrong but now you're saying Mr Punch and co have...........priceless :D
Where have I said Boris did nothing wrong?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 03:53:06 PM
The agenda stated quite clearly that the meal and booze was the last thing on the list. They could have all gone back to their own digs and ordered food separately: therefore they all gathered together totally unnecessarily and broke the law. You can't have it both ways.
Whilst Mr Punch has painted himself in to a corner here you're trying to have it both ways,you insisted Boris had done nowt wrong but now you're saying Mr Punch and co have...........priceless :D

Good old

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 09, 2022, 07:54:42 PM
Boris hasnt got to go anywhere , he wasn't the one that suggested having a bit of cake at work was a reason to quit . That was Starmers line , one which has come back to haunt him .

Boris is the one with the fine. Guilty as charged. The police have yet to call it on what , another ten incidents? And where the hell is the much vaunted Sue Gray , report.?  What happens to Starmer , is not going to change much.
As Boris and Co have already introduced this country to the bottom of the barrel as far as parliamentary representation is concerned. He doesn't have to go he has proved that. He also proves just how weak our parliamentary system can ,and could be in the wrong hands.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Good old on May 09, 2022, 06:39:26 PM
Well Nick, you are so right. You can not have it both ways. And if Starmer, goes, then Boris, and His Chancellor go.
Now If that's the case , what are the Tories going to do about that without it becoming obvious to the electorate, that their government have no honour what so ever. And can not be thought fit to govern their own party let alone the country.?
Boris hasnt got to go anywhere , he wasn't the one that suggested having a bit of cake at work was a reason to quit . That was Starmers line , one which has come back to haunt him .

Nick

Quote from: Good old on May 09, 2022, 06:39:26 PM
Well Nick, you are so right. You can not have it both ways. And if Starmer, goes, then Boris, and His Chancellor go.
Now If that's the case , what are the Tories going to do about that without it becoming obvious to the electorate, that their government have no honour what so ever. And can not be thought fit to govern their own party let alone the country.?
Let's move it on another step then. Tony BLIAR has to go to jail for the biggest lie ever told in the HoC's and destabilising the Middle East, causing mass terrorist activities. See if you can Top Trump that, cause having a few scoops is not in the same league. 

Good old

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 04:53:28 PM
His voice is enough to not want him as PM 😂

Sad to say we live in an age when, you are not the only one that would see that as enough reason to not have him as PM. 
But already today he shows a clear superiority, to the present PM, in honour alone, and most of the party that supports Boris, in his lies , and refusal to do the honourable thing and go.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2022, 03:53:06 PM
The agenda stated quite clearly that the meal and booze was the last thing on the list. They could have all gone back to their own digs and ordered food separately: therefore they all gathered together totally unnecessarily and broke the law. You can't have it both ways.

johnofgwent

Well, Starmer has decided to say he will walk if fined

Mind you, that piece of shit Yasmin wossername, another lefty lawyer, promised she'd f**k off home if we left the EU, and demanded since she has no memory of saying what she said.

And Starmer is just a left wing shit lawyer
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 09, 2022, 04:44:52 PM
It is true.

I view all politicians as lying, hypocritical whoresmelts and am not really bothered if they bend the rules a bit.

But Sir Stodge always makes me think of the sort of chap who knows when he has had enough, and that isn't the sort of chap you want to run the country.
His voice is enough to not want him as PM 😂